Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

colbert started as a daily show "correspondent" but was clearly talented so they gave him his onw spot which follows the daily show. you might recognize him from the end of the show, before the moment of zen, when john checks in with him, unless they've cut that because they don't need to promo a show that doesn't air in the country!

I know the Colbert backstory. Yeah, we do get the checking in with their friend Steven Colbert and the Colbert REPORT!

I :heart: Jon Stewart, still.

Axver said:

Coming to think of it, I don't believe I've ever actually had Mongolian.

Though knowing food from Asia in general, most of it would probably kill me or induce an unpleasant allergic reaction of some description.

If the place i go to is any indication, think not-particularly exotic but very tasty stir-fry.

coolian2 said:

If the place i go to is any indication, think not-particularly exotic but very tasty stir-fry.

Stir-fry gets a big meh from me, though.

Varitek said:
what's the word that's not personified, but means an animal that has human/sentient characteristics?

Anthropomorphise, perhaps?

phillyfan26 said:

hello, don't miss the beginning of this thread for the source of my awkward turtle explanation.

also don't miss the the part where Hillary begins to sacrifice white working class babies and drink their blood so that she can go stronger and defeat The (black)Man.

I hope that if Hillary doesn't concede defeat, everybody just starts ignoring her and acknowledges Obama as the nominee. That would be hilarious. She's so desperate right now for attention and victory that her reaction to being ignored would be priceless.

Axver said:
I hope that if Hillary doesn't concede defeat, everybody just starts ignoring her and acknowledges Obama as the nominee. That would be hilarious. She's so desperate right now for attention and victory that her reaction to being ignored would be priceless.

sadly this won't happen but it would make a great snl sketch

Axver said:

Yeah right. :wink:

well now to round out my comedy-writer audition i want to write the skit for that snl sketch.

but i have a tiny bit of common sense left and it is telling me WAIT TIL AFTER THE TEST

Varitek said:
mornin mia! how's the last day in VA?

maybe we can still get to the bumpass thread today

very very wet! i guess i won't be putting stuff in the car until tomorrow. i've got so much to do today, but i'm reluctant to get up and begin. it's so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom