Dong Ha, Vietnam Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There really aren't any original ideas left in the world :(

Maybe Cactus Annie and Ol Whiskey could come up with something between them, but I sure can't.

Wow, that's like the Gilgamesh to the Odyssey we've got going on now. Nice.

(Am I implying that there will be another 3000 years of threads devoted to threads that don't exist? Yes.)

Also, fezzes are cool. :up:

Additionally, I wasn't aware there was any discussion in any of the other game threads.

Furthermore, I don't know if that's one word or not, and by god possums make the least attractive sounds of any mammal (including elephant seals)... although now the arguing neighbours are drowning them out.

Wow, that's like the Gilgamesh to the Odyssey we've got going on now. Nice.

(Am I implying that there will be another 3000 years of threads devoted to threads that don't exist? Yes.)

RYM's compiled practically the encyclopaedia of fake threads with a thread running to about 3,000 pages. :lol:

Looking at Hong Kong MELBOURNE flights. Holy shit. Some are real fucking cheap in January. I'm going to do this. I am actually going to do this.

I assume that's what you meant to say. :wink:

And huh, I would've thought January international flights would be pricey, what with everybody having holidays and time to travel.

I'm afraid I don't know what it could be, Ax.

u2wall3.jpg

Ahahuahuha

There's no choice. This is my desktop background. Always and forever.

So, uh, it appears that one of the songs on Pinback's new album is about William Wallace Denslow, the guy who illustrated The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, bought a small island in Bermuda with the profits, built a castle on it, and declared himself King Denslow I of Denslow Island.

Hahaha. This is one of the reasons why I love Pinback.

That looks pretty swell. Have you been on one before?

No, I haven't, and it looks like it will have to wait until next year :(

Oh my goodness I'd forgotten about her, definitely one of my favourites. Remember the classic "U2 and Mutts comics"?

I DO, but apparently Travis doesn't, because I saw a Mutts collection at Barnes and Noble a few weeks back and about died in the aisle laughing.

So, uh, it appears that one of the songs on Pinback's new album is about William Wallace Denslow, the guy who illustrated The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, bought a small island in Bermuda with the profits, built a castle on it, and declared himself King Denslow I of Denslow Island.

Hahaha. This is one of the reasons why I love Pinback.

This story makes me smile.

Since Travis is using the second one, Bonnie, I am using the first.

I DO, but apparently Travis doesn't, because I saw a Mutts collection at Barnes and Noble a few weeks back and about died in the aisle laughing.

Ahaha, I'd have died too.

What a dreadful comic, but thanks LiliBe, they're hilarious now!

I could punch PFan in the face a thousand times, you guys.

(I hate this phrase so much)

I have smoked weed two nights in a row. Friday I didn't have as much as I would have liked. Last night it was straight weed and I greened out in front of four friends. Now I'm sitting by myself at a Melbourne Tigers game. I witnessed two dodo mascots dance Gangnam Style and the idiots in charge of entertainment think it's a good idea to yell random things and play club songs during the game to manufacture atmosphere. I bought hot chips before for $5 but they were dry and awful so I didn't finish them. And I'm pretty hungover.

Strange weekend.

Who the hell are the Melbourne Tigers?

Was there perhaps a merger overnight that I missed? :wink:

I don't follow much but I remember one of the teams became defunct only to emerge again a few years later.

I think the collapsed sporting league I'm thinking of is some national baseball league we used to have. I only know it existed because there was a failed Gold Coast team and my school was just down the road from the stadium they used (usually playing front of the players' mums and a seagull).

Given the Gold Coast's track record with failed teams in practically every sport, I wonder how long the Suns and the Titans will last before they go under.

Suns should go okay. They're still getting decent crowds despite their expected ladder positioning. Plus they're only going to get better.

Yeah, but Gold Coasters are pretty much the most fickle sports fans ever. I'm pretty sure the Titans are their FOURTH attempt at a rugby league team, despite the fact that's the most popular sport there. I'm rather impressed that the Suns have maintained attendance, but I think it's in part because they appeal to the large Victorian ex-pat community that doesn't care for league, and they still have the Melbourne tradition of actually turning up to sporting events.

Yo Ax, do you happen to have a copy of the email for the camera settings Matt used to use for filming the 360 tour? I know he sent them to you before the Australian leg of 360. I was just wondering if you do have a chance to look for them, and they are there...could you send them to my gmail?

Cheers!

Haha, good, because I'm not sure I'd have liked my chances of finding it!

Back
Top Bottom