Dominican Republic Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

It's awesome, isn't it? Talk about life's amazing coincidences...

Although to be fair, we did rig it so that we ended up in the same tute.

:lol: True. Though we were still in the same time, originally just nine rooms apart!

Axver said:

It's kind of hard to laugh when they're the world's sole hyperpower. Bastards! :mad:

That's true, although had Bush been in power for another term they'd've lost that status, I'm certain.

bono_man2002 said:

Sachin Tendulkar has scored more runs in Test Cricket alone, than I've posted :lol:

He'd be pretty close to the top of the run-scoring lists of all time, wouldn't he? Or is he at the top?

major_panic said:

That's true, although had Bush been in power for another term they'd've lost that status, I'm certain.

Even without him, it looks like things aren't going well. Their military might is being shown up repeatedly, and the wheels are coming off their economy. Meanwhile, China is rising, and the EU is flexing its muscle of soft power. My prediction is that in 30 years, the EU and China will both again be more important than the US and this anomaly in the historical system will be over.

TranceEnding said:

tell us! :D

I would like to know what everyone's star sign is please

This is the point at which I tell you astrology is of the devil and burn you at the stake!

... okay, it's Taurus. :wink: Why do you ask?

Last edited:
major_panic said:

He'd be pretty close to the top of the run-scoring lists of all time, wouldn't he? Or is he at the top?

Isn't Brian Lara ahead of him? I'm sure Cricinfo knows all.

Axver said:

Even without him, it looks like things aren't going well. Their military might is being shown up repeatedly, and the wheels are coming off their economy. Meanwhile, China is rising, and the EU is flexing its muscle of soft power. My prediction is that in 30 years, the EU and China will both again be more important than the US and this anomaly in the historical system will be over.

Agreed, although I think the EU will fall behind pretty soon. Thank God for that, though!

TranceEnding said:

tell us! :D

I would like to know what everyone's star sign is please

Hello,

My name is Axver. I'm an opinionated prick. I like a lot of things: Porcupine Tree, One Tree Hill, The Unforgettable Fire, Heartland, rugby union, history, social democracy, New Zealand, the All Blacks, Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy, Anathema, Pure Reason Revolution, Steven Wilson, Blackfield, Agalloch, Orphaned Land, Crowded House, Split Enz, Neil Finn, shitloads more music, cricket, theology, political science, libraries ... clearly not brevity.

Kind regards,
Ax

PS Capricorns for the win.

major_panic said:

Agreed, although I think the EU will fall behind pretty soon. Thank God for that, though!

Personally, as a pacifist, I hope their soft power experiment succeeds.

Axver said:

Hello,

My name is Axver. I'm an opinionated prick. I like a lot of things: Porcupine Tree, One Tree Hill, The Unforgettable Fire, Heartland, rugby union, history, social democracy, New Zealand, the All Blacks, Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy, Anathema, Pure Reason Revolution, Steven Wilson, Blackfield, Agalloch, Orphaned Land, Crowded House, Split Enz, Neil Finn, shitloads more music, cricket, theology, political science, libraries ... clearly not brevity.

Kind regards,
Ax

:up:

Axver said:

Hello,

Kind regards,
Ax

:laugh:

According to Cricinfo:

Most runs in Tests:

Brian Lara 11953
Sachin Tendulkar 11782
Allen Border 11174
Steve Waugh 10927
Sunil Gavaskar 10122
Rahul Dravid 9920
Ricky Ponting 9776

So TranceEnding, why'd you want to know star signs? Just curious, you don't have to divulge if you don't want to.

major_panic said:
According to Cricinfo:

Most runs in Tests:

Brian Lara 11953
Sachin Tendulkar 11782
Allen Border 11174
Steve Waugh 10927
Sunil Gavaskar 10122
Rahul Dravid 9920
Ricky Ponting 9776

:up:

Border and Sunil Was who I was thinking of.

Be interesting to see who's going to get near the top 2. Ricky has a chance, but the way his form is at the moment , he'll be lucky to pass 10,000. :wink:

major_panic said:
According to Cricinfo:

Most runs in Tests:

Brian Lara 11953
Sachin Tendulkar 11782
Allen Border 11174
Steve Waugh 10927
Sunil Gavaskar 10122
Rahul Dravid 9920
Ricky Ponting 9776

Of course, the most interesting part of it all is that had Lara scored at the rate of Bradman, he would have scored roughly 23,000 runs rather than 11,953. Just goes to show how much Bradman pwnd every other sportsperson in history.

bono_man2002 said:
Be interesting to see who's going to get near the top 2. Ricky has a chance, but the way his form is at the moment , he'll be lucky to pass 10,000. :wink:

The way Punter's going, he'll be lucky if he'll be able to fit his ego in the fucking MCG.

TranceEnding said:
I'm just really interested in astrology ... and witchcraft is not evil, which is a big fat lie!

:D

Haha fair enough. I don't think that most things are innately evil, it usually just comes down to the people who practice and use it. (this includes religion of all forms)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom