Disneyland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first line of Station To Station doesn't really work, the way it's sung. But the subsequent lines fit.

I can play the entire lead guitar part on Station to Station, which might be my biggest accomplishment aside from Until the End of the World.

The part that begins around 6:25 is really catchy and memorable.

If I'm not grossly mistaken, PFan, one of your old signatures had a lyric from this song?

Station To Station is my favourite Bowie song thus far, and not just for the intro.

Axver said:
If I'm not grossly mistaken, PFan, one of your old signatures had a lyric from this song?

I was about to put that back up too.

It's not the side effects of the cocaine
I'm thinking that it must be love

Golden Years is alright but I'm not keen on Bowie's singing in this song.

phillyfan26 said:
I was about to put that back up too.

It's not the side effects of the cocaine
I'm thinking that it must be love
come on, do it. do it.

Picture%2013.png

Do you guys like Sorrow by David Bowie? I love that song, that's why I included in my playlist because I thought it fit perfectly will my concept.

I do like that this album has more reasonable song lengths, unlike the first side of Low.

Golden Years was the "hit" from this album. Probably just because it's the shortest song, to be honest. :lol:

It's a nice, catchy song.

phillyfan26 said:
Golden Years was the "hit" from this album. Probably just because it's the shortest song, to be honest. :lol:

I think the title track is catchier and sung much better. But its length works against it in terms of being a hit, yeah.

Not sure how I feel about Word On A Wing. Is this meant to be a ballad or not?

phillyfan26 said:

Golden Years is catchy song. :wink: So is "Oh, you pretty little things." It makes me want to :dance:

Cute Irish Bono said:
Do you guys like Sorrow by David Bowie? I love that song, that's why I included in my playlist because I thought it fit perfectly will my concept.

Haven't heard Bowie's Sorrow.

But Pink Floyd's Sorrow is the best song they've written besides Summer '68. :up:

I bet Khan loves it. :wink:

Axver said:

Haven't heard Bowie's Sorrow.

But Pink Floyd's Sorrow is the best song they've written besides Summer '68. :up:

I bet Khan loves it. :wink:
I don't know the Pink Floyd Sorrow song.

Please listen to it on my playlist and tell me what you think of Bowie's version. Better yet, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxDVc80Z3FI
(It's only 3:00 minutes long).

Do you like it, Axver?

Last edited:
Axver said:

I think the title track is catchier and sung much better. But its length works against it in terms of being a hit, yeah.

Not sure how I feel about Word On A Wing. Is this meant to be a ballad or not?

Coke-induced plea to God. He describes the lyrics as something of a hymn for him. There's actually some pretty good lines in that song.

TVC 15 was the best song after Station To Station, though nothing's really stood out tremendously to me from tracks 2-4. Enjoying Stay so far. U2's Stay is better though. :wink:

phillyfan26 said:

Coke-induced plea to God. He describes the lyrics as something of a hymn for him. There's actually some pretty good lines in that song.

See, it confuses me because some of it feels ballad-y, while other parts feel almost upbeat.

I think Stay is El Mel's favorite track off this album. That or the title track. I'm partial to the title track.

Axver said:
See, it confuses me because some of it feels ballad-y, while other parts feel almost upbeat.

It's kind of a mix, in some ways. Skepticism of God while at the same time asking for help from God. He said he wrote it at the only time in his life when he was actually thinking deeply about God.

I think Cat Power's cover of Wild Is the Wild is as good or better than Bowie's original. It may be the only song from this album I don't like very much.

phillyfan26 said:
I think Stay is El Mel's favorite track off this album. That or the title track. I'm partial to the title track.

I'm enjoying the guitar at the end.

Title track's my clear favourite.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I think Cat Power's cover of Wild Is the Wild is as good or better than Bowie's original. It may be the only song from this album I don't like very much.

Bowie's version is a cover too.

I actually really enjoy it. I think I prefer it to both Word on a Wing and Golden Years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom