Dildo, Newfoundland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:
This IS a new computer. The only site that's having problems is interference. Facebook's fine. Myspace is fine. Amazon is fine. Wikipedia is fine. My bank page is fine. Everything is fine. Except interference.
hmm. have you called your isp? a couple years ago i had that same problem. not with this site, but one or two others.

Varitek said:

cool

is it cause you're in the middle of nowhere with bad schools or for other reasons?

what does your school day look like? what kind of things do you study, and how is it organized (like what would a year or semester look like - are topics spread out or do you have a week of just this or that)?

do you do activities and stuff to meet people?

It's mostly the middle of nowhere thing. Were the right school to come along, my parents would force me to get off my ass. However, we have a lovely mixture of borderline-dangerous public schools and private schools run by hypocritical Pharisees. And yes, I know about them all, as I've been to some of them in the past.

I time my school days based on necessity. Some are shorter than others, but some run into the night if necessary. I study the basic things, history, chemistry, foreign languages, literature, and so on.

When it comes to meeting people, I must say that I'm rarely lonely. I still have friends from years when I wasn't homeschooled.

The Sad Punk said:
Brie is very good with sun dried tomato, I find.

YES

i love sundried tomato. it's good with feta too, and goat cheese...also good on turkey or chicken.

good sandwich:

brie, turkey, sundried tomato, avocado, bacon optional

The Sad Punk said:
down.gif

KhanadaRhodes said:

hmm. have you called your isp? a couple years ago i had that same problem. not with this site, but one or two others.

Called them? No. I figured it was a problem either [a] with the site or with the site in my region. I didn't assume it had anything to do with my isp as, well, every other fucking site works fine.

LemonMelon said:

Oh, that's awesome. :hi5:

The Yanks have been dominating these threads more than ever lately. Have these threads lost their way???

Nah.

I think the Aussie crew has been too busy watching U2 3D. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

It's mostly the middle of nowhere thing. Were the right school to come along, my parents would force me to get off my ass. However, we have a lovely mixture of borderline-dangerous public schools and private schools run by hypocritical Pharisees. And yes, I know about them all, as I've been to some of them in the past.

I time my school days based on necessity. Some are shorter than others, but some run into the night if necessary. I study the basic things, history, chemistry, foreign languages, literature, and so on.

When it comes to meeting people, I must say that I'm rarely lonely. I still have friends from years when I wasn't homeschooled.

do your parents teach you, or just help set the curriculum and find materials?

how is it learning foreign language and chemistry and math without teachers - history, english, biology would be fine from a textbook, but some things, especially language, seem like you'd need a teacher.

do you write papers? do projects?

the tourist said:
Called them? No. I figured it was a problem either [a] with the site or with the site in my region. I didn't assume it had anything to do with my isp as, well, every other fucking site works fine.

when i was having my problem, it was a problem with my isp. although they were just like "give it a couple days"

HAY THANKS I DIDN'T THINK OF JUST WAITING.

LemonMelon said:

Change that to parmesan and I agree. :yuck:

i love all cheese pretty much except maybe blue cheese, which i really only like in salad or as a buffalo chicken compliment (and then i prefer ranch).

when i do pasta with tomato sauce, i put tons of veggies, some meat, and either a shit ton of parmesan or mozerella with way not enough pasta. and my mom gets a delicious 4-cheese blend that includes parmesan

KhanadaRhodes said:

when i was having my problem, it was a problem with my isp. although they were just like "give it a couple days"

HAY THANKS I DIDN'T THINK OF JUST WAITING.

Ahh, well. If I disappear for like, 6 months, that's why. Sheer frustration.

Varitek said:

do your parents teach you, or just help set the curriculum and find materials?

how is it learning foreign language and chemistry and math without teachers - history, english, biology would be fine from a textbook, but some things, especially language, seem like you'd need a teacher.

do you write papers? do projects?

They help me when I hit a wall, which does happen now and again, but mostly in mathematics. I've got a pretty sharp memory and a solid ability to apply knowledge, so my grades have always been good. In 8th grade (NOT homeschooled that year), I was the only one in my class to receive straight A's in every subject for the entire year.

Foreign languages is MUCH harder to apply. I have a decent handle on them, but it's difficult to absorb them when others aren't speaking it to you in class. It's fun for me though, if an extra challenge.

Quizzes don't effect grades, but papers and projects are done when required. That means I still have some very large projects to do each year that are reviewed by those who provide the curriculum. They're incompetent, BTW, and actually lost my work at one point, which they thankfully recovered.

For the record, parmesan is awesome and an essential ingredient on most Italian foods. :up:

god damn it i wanna see u23d again!!! it's playing at one place in boston but not at times i can see when i'm home this weekend, and i doubt it will still be there in june

LemonMelon said:

They help me when I hit a wall, which does happen now and again, but mostly in mathematics. I've got a pretty sharp memory and a solid ability to apply knowledge, so my grades have always been good. In 8th grade (NOT homeschooled that year), I was the only one in my class to receive straight A's in every subject for the entire year.

Foreign languages is MUCH harder to apply. I have a decent handle on them, but it's difficult to absorb them when others aren't speaking it to you in class. It's fun for me though, if an extra challenge.

Quizzes don't effect grades, but papers and projects are done when required. That means I still have some very large projects to do each year that are reviewed by those who provide the curriculum. They're incompetent, BTW, and actually lost my work at one point, which they thankfully recovered.

so your parents subscribe to some sort of homeschooling curriculum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom