Desventuradas Islands, Chile Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, 2 am here was 4 pm there. Now 2 am here is 5 pm there, so when we go back, it'd be 6 pm.

I'm sure I'll adapt. This IS the postwhorehouse after all. :wink:

*gone*

Ah, sweet, I did get it right. Now watch as the Superthread controls your life. :wink:

:wave:

I'ts blowing my mind that it's still getting dark in Texas by 7:30 (btw when did THAT start happening? It came out of nowhere), but Texas still hasn't got it through it's head that it should NOT be 80 degrees outside. It rained today so it was in the 70s :dance: but it's going to be sunny again tomorrow and back in the 80s :banghead:. I need to move to Alaska

I'm thinking of starting an Antarctic colony. Wish to join me?

Melbourne's weather is ALL OVER THE PLACE right now. We were getting into 27C territory, then yesterday it failed to break 13C and had hail. But by Friday? They're forecasting 28C and sun! Goddamnit. Might at least go out railfanning, if nothing else.

Ax, I'm being to lazy to convert right now, but I've said it once, I'll say it again.

it was 95 degrees on Friday

WHAT THE FUCK Texas?

*founds arctic colony*

It's been in the high 60's here over the past week or so, on average. Actually, I think it's supposed to get down into the high 30's at night here in the next couple of days, which means the plants need to be brought in, already.

:wantstobeontheeastcoast:

Or better yeat

:wantstobeinchicagoland:

God you don't realize how much you love your home til you leave it for a long time. I never really loved Chicago this much til I couldn't go there if I really wanted to.

Ax, I'm being to lazy to convert right now, but I've said it once, I'll say it again.

it was 95 degrees on Friday

WHAT THE FUCK Texas?

*founds arctic colony*

Yeah, that's brutal. It's actually been about the same in Queensland, which I think is even more obscene since it's only a month out of winter! WTF. So bloody glad I left that hellhole. At least if a volcano erupts in the middle of Melbourne tomorrow, I'll be used to the heat ...

God you don't realize how much you love your home til you leave it for a long time. I never really loved Chicago this much til I couldn't go there if I really wanted to.

I lived in Queensland for over nine years, and yet have not missed it for a minute. Well, I do miss the nice place I had in Brisbane and how it was 5-10 minutes' walk from anywhere at uni, but those are things I could potentially have in Melbourne too - if only I had lots of money and/or a flatmate to split the rent with. They aren't things that really have anything to do with Queensland.

But I think it's pretty bloody obvious how painfully I miss New Zealand. It will be eleven years as of tomorrow. Wow.

And every time I'm out of Melbourne, I miss it.

I don't really ever miss Texas that much...sometimes I miss this school's atmosphere. I think if it were actually cold here year round I'd never want to leave :lol:.

But Chicagoland is my New Zealand. And what really sucks is that we moved this summer, like I mentioned, and I just hate it. I lived in Michigan City my entire life. Now I still work there, and my dad still ives there. But it's not where I live anymore. It kills me a little thinking about it.

I don't really ever miss Texas that much...sometimes I miss this school's atmosphere. I think if it were actually cold here year round I'd never want to leave :lol:.

But Chicagoland is my New Zealand. And what really sucks is that we moved this summer, like I mentioned, and I just hate it. I lived in Michigan City my entire life. Now I still work there, and my dad still ives there. But it's not where I live anymore. It kills me a little thinking about it.

Yeah, I know how you feel. Honestly, if I had the money, I'd go back to Raumati Beach and give the owner of my childhood home an offer they couldn't refuse. And I would move back to New Zealand in a heartbeat if Wellington still had a tram network as comprehensive as Melbourne's. I say that not out of any sense of railfandom (though it'd be sweet from that perspective too), but because I have my independence in Melbourne thanks to the trams, while I'd be fucked in Wellington or any other Kiwi city.

Really, everything about Wellington suits me. It's not too big, it has lovely scenery, it is cold, it routinely has miserable wet/windy weather, its museum is the best I've ever visited and I've visited shitloads of museums, etc. :drool:

I'm looking at pictures of MC on google :lol:

08-20MichiganCity.jpg

Check it, Ax. Didn't even know we used to have that

Hey cin! :wave:

... you're in Geelong, or a suburb thereof. I pity you. :tongue:

Holy shit. I've never seen an aerial view of our library before:

aerialview6.jpg

this is what it looks like on the ground:

colorentrance.jpg

And Phanan destroyed me in round 1.

When are you gonna listen to my list. :grumpy:

I'm amused that EVERY match in round 1 was completely one-sided, except for one, which was a draw.

I'll listen this week.

Hey cin! :wave:

... you're in Geelong, or a suburb thereof. I pity you. :tongue:

my house looks out onto paddocks with a big mountain in the background. There's only a street and one house in the way. When I drive from work I go past a beautiful twinkling bay with people jogging and picniccing on the grass. The beach is only a short drive away. Melbourne is 40 minutes drive. If you want to be alone you only have to walk for 15 minutes and you're in the middle of nowhere.

Having said that I'm also right near a refinery, abbatoir, 2nd worse street in Geelong.. . . .:lol:

*random*
Last night while doing some washing I heard something that sounded like running water. I waited until I'd finished my taco then went to look. . . There was water streaming out of the machine!!! Like any normal person I ran back into the lounge, stopped the video, covered my food and then turned the tap off. :lol:

my house looks out onto paddocks with a big mountain in the background. There's only a street and one house in the way. When I drive from work I go past a beautiful twinkling bay with people jogging and picniccing on the grass. The beach is only a short drive away. Melbourne is 40 minutes drive. If you want to be alone you only have to walk for 15 minutes and you're in the middle of nowhere.

Having said that I'm also right near a refinery, abbatoir, 2nd worse street in Geelong.. . . .:lol:

And there we go. Sounds nice, but chances are if the pollution doesn't get to you, the bogan junkies will. :tongue:

Oh, sweet, an old friend's just called, so I'm going to vanish for a few minutes. :wave:

gunhouse.jpg

Apparently there used to be a pool in the upper right hand part that really seals the deal. But it's creepy enough for me as is :lol:.

Freaking Al Capone.

Damn it. Don't you hate it when you hate something on principle but actually like the product?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom