College Football 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
Looks like #4 Florida struggled with FSU; will they lose style points???

Well, this is what I have heard (probably mostly rumor). Its between USC and Michigan, period. USC wins out, they go. USC loses, Michigan goes. Arkansas losing basically hurt the Gators because they wont get a enough points even if they beat them. From people roughly figuring it out, even if the pollsters voted them number two, they are to far behind Michigan to overtake them. :shrug: I think it will be academic though because I think USC will probably win out. I think they will definately beat ND. What I would be concerned about if I was a USC fan is the Bruins. USC will be coming off a huge game, then playing an arch rival who has their starting QB back. That could get interesting.

Blue Room said:

What I would be concerned about if I was a USC fan is the Bruins. USC will be coming off a huge game, then playing an arch rival who has their starting QB back. That could get interesting.

Well...

I agree emotion plays a big role in college football. But last year's UCLA-USC game was the biggest, most hyped-up UCLA game in years. UCLA was 9-1 entering the game. They ended up losing 66-19.

Mr. BAW said:

The computers don't care about style or margin of victory.

The voters in the human polls might, but Florida still has to be #4 with Arkansas losing. So I don't think anything will happen to them.

speedracer said:

Well...

I agree emotion plays a big role in college football. But last year's UCLA-USC game was the biggest, most hyped-up UCLA game in years. UCLA was 9-1 entering the game. They ended up losing 66-19.

Exactly, USC didnt take them lightly as a result. Last I checked this isnt last year. Neither team is anywhere near the same as last year. Appears USC will be coming off a blowout win over ND. I can see them looking past the Bruins to the title game and it will be after 3 big games in a row. I dont care how good of a team you are, playing that kind of schedule has an effect when its back to back to back. USC will probably beat UCLA. My point is, that they should probably be more concerned about UCLA than ND.

Mr. BAW said:

They shouldn't have given Florida State a chance.

There's no way Florida is a National Title contender over USC or Michigan, no doubt.

Blue Room said:

Exactly, USC didnt take them lightly as a result. Last I checked this isnt last year. Neither team is anywhere near the same as last year. Appears USC will be coming off a blowout win over ND. I can see them looking past the Bruins to the title game and it will be after 3 big games in a row. I dont care how good of a team you are, playing that kind of schedule has an effect when its back to back to back. USC will probably beat UCLA. My point is, that they should probably be more concerned about UCLA than ND.

The Trojan's motto has been one game at a time; next week's game is not so much heading into the Big One but more a game of city pride as to who reigns over LA, they will NOT let UCLA stand in their way.

USC will run the table, against all odds and even my faith that they could; I had doubts that they'd get by CA but they did and they continue to steamroll...it will be a tremendous game against OSU....

Mr. BAW said:

The Trojan's motto has been one game at a time; next week's game is not so much heading into the Big One but more a game of city pride as to who reigns over LA, they will NOT let UCLA stand in their way.

USC will run the table, against all odds and even my faith that they could; I had doubts that they'd get by CA but they did and they continue to steamroll...it will be a tremendous game against OSU....

See, you are already overlooking the Bruins!! ;) :laugh:

Like I said, I think USC will beat UCLA. I just saw/see it as a more competitive game than ND. I said that before USC blew out ND tonight. Michigan crushed ND at their place. I knew they were not that great and that USC would beat them on their home field. I'm just saying, a few turnovers at the wrong time and things can go bad quickly. Its why they play the game and dont just say USC wins on paper, lets not play it. :shrug:

What stinks is they are talking about a Michigan/ND rematch. That stinks, now I know how the Buckeyes felt with the prospect of a Michigan rematch. :laugh: (If Michigan had won it, I would have felt the same way as the Bucks do about it). Lets play someone new, like LSU. I think Michigan has more of a shot at losing to LSU than ND and I would still rather play LSU.

Blue Room said:

See, you are already overlooking the Bruins!! ;) :laugh:

Like I said, I think USC will beat UCLA. I just saw/see it as a more competitive game than ND. I said that before USC blew out ND tonight. Michigan crushed ND at their place. I knew they were not that great and that USC would beat them on their home field. I'm just saying, a few turnovers at the wrong time and things can go bad quickly. Its why they play the game and dont just say USC wins on paper, lets not play it. :shrug:

As a Michigan native and a UCLA employee, I'd love nothing more than to see the Bruins take down USC. I just can't see USC being anything less than 100% focused on this game. They know that they have zero margin for error if they want to qualify for the championship game.

What stinks is they are talking about a Michigan/ND rematch. That stinks, now I know how the Buckeyes felt with the prospect of a Michigan rematch. :laugh: (If Michigan had won it, I would have felt the same way as the Bucks do about it). Lets play someone new, like LSU. I think Michigan has more of a shot at losing to LSU than ND and I would still rather play LSU.

Hey, the only thing better than beating Notre Dame once is beating Notre Dame twice.

speedracer said:
I just can't see USC being anything less than 100% focused on this game. They know that they have zero margin for error if they want to qualify for the championship game.

Dear Blue Room, this is what I wanted to say....I must've written mine in Spanish...

I've got a friend who joined interference; best friend from elementary school...he is
BrU2in...but for some reason, he won't post..although we sure argue over the phone about 'SC...

Funny thing is, I'm a devoted SC football fan, devoted UCLA basketball fan...(yes, since the beginning...!) and since I live 1/2 mile from center field, I'm a diehard CA State Fullerton baseball fan! :up:

Mr. BAW said:

Dear Blue Room, this is what I wanted to say....I must've written mine in Spanish...

I've got a friend who joined interference; best friend from elementary school...he is
BrU2in...but for some reason, he won't post..although we sure argue over the phone about 'SC...

Funny thing is, I'm a devoted SC football fan, devoted UCLA basketball fan...(yes, since the beginning...!) and since I live 1/2 mile from center field, I'm a diehard CA State Fullerton baseball fan! :up:

I understood what you were saying. But every major college team having any type of great season says the same things. USC is no different. They are human beings and despite what they may say they still are thinking about that championship game.

I'm not saying UCLA will beat USC. Like I said before a couple of times I think/thought USC would run the table and get in. What I'm saying or think is that their more difficult game between ND and UCLA would probably be UCLA, thats all. I think it will be a more competitive game than the ND game. I could be completely wrong. But I knew ND was one of the most overrated top 10 teams off all time (right behind Rutgers a few weeks ago! :) :laugh: ). The two really good teams ND played this year crushed them. UCLA should have beaten them also, at ND. Michigan State, bottom feeder of the Big 10, had them beat as well. The only thing ND wins this year is the commander and chief trophy! :laugh:

UCLA 31, USC 26.
Remember where you heard it first.
That coupled with Arkansas pounding Florida in the SEC CG will cement the rematch with zero controversy.
Stupid Rutgers, had they not had the letdown at Cincy, and these 2 predictions were to come true, they'd have had a shot at OSU by beating WV saturday, really fouling the BCS up and getting us no closer to ever having a playoff anyway.

I say let Boise play OSU.:wink:

Florida's winning against Arkansas 10 - 0 in the 2nd quarter.

edit: Um, make that 17 - 7 :reject:.

So if USC loses and Florida wins, does that mean we have to listen to Urban Meyer whine that Florida deserves to be in the title game more than Michigan?

edit # 2: Well, scratch the first part of the if - sorry Mr. BAW :(

Last edited:
Its going to be Florida in the title game. The media has suddenly jumped on their band wagon tonight after totally dismissing them last week. That is why its a complete joke. They arent going to vote FL in there because they are the 2nd best team now. They are going to vote them in there because they dont want the rematch. After USC lost, Michigan is clearly the number 2 team in the country (I thought they were before USC lost, but I'm a tad bias :wink: ).

Being a Michigan fan I cant say it bugs me tremendously though. Like I have said many times. Michigan had their shot to control their destiny and blew it. On to the Rose Bowl to take on the Trojans. Should be a good game. USC has the advantage already. Shorter lay off between games and it will pretty much be a home game for them. :wink:

Hewson, great call! I thought the USC/UCLA game would be close, but I didnt think UCLA would actually beat USC.

Blue Room said:
Its going to be Florida in the title game. The media has suddenly jumped on their band wagon tonight after totally dismissing them last week. That is why its a complete joke. They arent going to vote FL in there because they are the 2nd best team now. They are going to vote them in there because they dont want the rematch. After USC lost, Michigan is clearly the number 2 team in the country (I thought they were before USC lost, but I'm a tad bias :wink: ).

Being a Michigan fan I cant say it bugs me tremendously though. Like I have said many times. Michigan had their shot to control their destiny and blew it. On to the Rose Bowl to take on the Trojans. Should be a good game. USC has the advantage already. Shorter lay off between games and it will pretty much be a home game for them. :wink:

Hewson, great call! I thought the USC/UCLA game would be close, but I didnt think UCLA would actually beat USC.

If Florida does go to the title game, how do you think they will do against OSU? Florida seems to have a tendency to make a lot of sloppy mistakes.

It should be Michigan, but I suppose Florida isn't so bad either. One of their HBs (Kestahn Moore) is from my hometown and graduated high school the same year as me, even though it was at our crosstown rival school.

I'm also looking forward to hearing our bowl bid tomorrow. From what I hear, it's looking like the Cotton Bowl (convenience!) or the Gator Bowl (home state!). We shall see.

kellyahern said:

If Florida does go to the title game, how do you think they will do against OSU? Florida seems to have a tendency to make a lot of sloppy mistakes.

The only advantage FL has is a shorter lay off between games. OSU hasnt played in 2 weeks already. Its going to be a long lay off, teams get rusty. I still think OSU will win, pains me to say that! :laugh: At least Michigan will finish the season ranked 2nd then. Big 10, number 1 and number 2 in the country when all is said in done. Thats not to bad really.

I'm not as disappointed in USC today as I was last night..as soon as I realized they are 10-3 going back to last January's national title game with Texas...3 losses in 06'.

*come on, bear with me, I'm trying to ease the pain....:|

Back
Top Bottom