Coldplay - LP 6: Ghost Stories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This album is horrible beyond belief. I am amazed at the regression from Parachutes/Rush of Blood to this....

Can we finally put aside comparisons between U2 and Coldplay? Thankful that U2, even with their delusions of grandeur, hasn't resorted to producing this corny pop trash. Songs of Innocence is a really good album, but, compared to Coldplay's new one, it's freaking Sgt. Peppers.

This album is horrible beyond belief. I am amazed at the regression from Parachutes/Rush of Blood to this....

Can we finally put aside comparisons between U2 and Coldplay? Thankful that U2, even with their delusions of grandeur, hasn't resorted to producing this corny pop trash. Songs of Innocence is a really good album, but, compared to Coldplay's new one, it's freaking Sgt. Peppers.
Thankfully U2 have never got to the level of the latest Coldplay effort. The sad thing is, if they did reach that low they'd be absolutely vilified and slated whereas Coldplay are getting average to positive reviews.

Thankfully U2 have never got to the level of the latest Coldplay effort. The sad thing is, if they did reach that low they'd be absolutely vilified and slated whereas Coldplay are getting average to positive reviews.

True, but maybe they are reviewing it as a pop album not a rock album, like a maroon 5 record. I kinda remember that Ghost Stories was in the pop categories for the Grammys so maybe it's the same for this one.

I used to buy all of Coldplay records to the annoyance of my husband, but I lost interest with mylo xyloto, still would go to one of their concerts if they came to Portland, I would not travel for them.

Yeah this is pretty bad after one listen. The single was probably the highlight. I concur with those saying it sounds like a Chris Martin solo album.

Viva La Vida 9/10
Rush of Blood 8/10
Parachutes 8/10
Ghost Stories 7/10
X&Y 6/10
Mylo Xyloto 4/10

This one might end up just above MX, but probably not.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Listening now.. This could be their "we have to go away for a bit and dream it all up again" album.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Damn, it's not on Spotify. How am I supposed to listen to this to find out how bad it is?

I bought Ghost Stories without hearing much about it. This one I think I want to preview first.

So I figured I wasn't in the best mood or frame of mind the other day so I tried listening again today - this is just horrible beyond belief.... just brutal.

The first two songs weren't bad. The next two, I hated.

Adventure wasn't as bad as I thought on first listen.

Already thumbs down halfway through the Tove Lo song.

Ugh, Coldplay. What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom