Cockram & Cockram, 6 Morrell Street Mooroopna VIC, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I may have to remove breakable objects from the room when I get around to watching these... which will probably be on Sunday.

Things are good. The Air Con is fixed :drool: Lots of other things around the house are fixed, too. officially applied for my promotion. fingers crossed.

you?

Still reeling from last night... just watching episodes one and two now. Obviously I wish Raquel didn't fucking exist, but Darren is the one making my blood boil. Particularly knowing that his views didn't change in the slightest come the end of the ordeal.

"I think it is irresponsible to put yourself or your family in danger when you were in a safe place already."

I wonder if he allows his Taiwanese wife to speak unless she is spoken to.

Things are good. The Air Con is fixed :drool: Lots of other things around the house are fixed, too. officially applied for my promotion. fingers crossed.

you?

Good luck with the promotion!

I'm okay... full of sugar and not enough sleep, everything's going wrong at work, I still don't have my sonic screwdriver, I found out I still have money on one of my travel cards from two years ago... Wheee! :flail:

Still reeling from last night... just watching episodes one and two now. Obviously I wish Raquel didn't fucking exist, but Darren is the one making my blood boil. Particularly knowing that his views didn't change in the slightest come the end of the ordeal.

"I think it is irresponsible to put yourself or your family in danger when you were in a safe place already."

... :doh:

Apply anyways? Maybe it's about to open up.

You have to apply for specific postings when it comes to internal positions. The one I'm supposed to apply for is not available. Either they forgot, or they've taken it down for some reason, or I'm not able to access it for some reason. Either way, fuck.

I'm actually pretty impressed by Adam the lifesaver. He was the one who said "we spend thousands of dollars housing these criminals" but he really looks like he's turned a corner in each situation.

There's another thing I keep thinking about... I know our prisons are overcrowded to an extent right now, but given the conditions in some of those detention centres, do you (anyone in general) think that we're treating convicted criminals with more dignity and humanity than asylum seekers?

If so, that is all kinds of fucked up.

I love how he seems to think people should stay in abject poverty, as if it's safe to live somewhere with extremely high rates of crime and disease, and dismisses them as "economic refugees". I seriously doubt he'd happily let his children grow up in such a situation; he'd take them on a boat to a better life at the first opportunity.

I'm actually pretty impressed by Adam the lifesaver. He was the one who said "we spend thousands of dollars housing these criminals" but he really looks like he's turned a corner in each situation.

Yeah, he was pretty good. I really want to know what that Young Liberals guy is going to take away, especially given his role in the party, as he seemed to turn some corners too!

Off to the footy tonight ... I hope Charlotte's first game isn't an Essendon loss! :uhoh:

I can't imagine coping with a loss at a football match. I'm 2 from 2 overall.

Hope you'll have a cracker time, should be a sizeable crowd in.

What was the point of the raid in episode two? At first I was like "well this is going to undo all the good work that was done" but I take it was to challenge their beliefs, make them (like what happened to Raye) toss up between their negative views on refugees and the loss of humanity. Disgusting that both Darren and Raquel seemed to take great delight in the raid. "I've seen... police raid someone's house in my street..." as if growing drugs or owning weapons is nothing different to refugees.

You sent the Anti-Bogan a link to your bigoted friends' posts? :hyper:

no just the link to the "no problems with Indians living in India page"

I love how he seems to think people should stay in abject poverty, as if it's safe to live somewhere with extremely high rates of crime and disease, and dismisses them as "economic refugees". I seriously doubt he'd happily let his children grow up in such a situation; he'd take them on a boat to a better life at the first opportunity.

Yeah, he was pretty good. I really want to know what that Young Liberals guy is going to take away, especially given his role in the party, as he seemed to turn some corners too!

Yeah I think he said that in the third episode... he seemed to be suggesting that if you are living in absolute poverty, amongst crime and disease, you should stay there you're entire lives unless you can legitimately make a life for yourself, which would be near impossible.

You could tell Adam was quite affected when working with the Burmese people, and he said, "so how much do you get paid?" and he said "they provide us with shelter and food and that's enough". And he was swinging the pickaxe pretty hard after that.

There's another thing I keep thinking about... I know our prisons are overcrowded to an extent right now, but given the conditions in some of those detention centres, do you (anyone in general) think that we're treating convicted criminals with more dignity and humanity than asylum seekers?

If so, that is all kinds of fucked up.

I'm sure they probably have better conditions... very good point you bring up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom