Cockburn, South Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's cool, Bonnie! My best friend's baby is 6 months old, and I still haven't seen him yet. :uhoh: I'm waiting for an invitation, tbh. She hasn't given me one...

I worked till 6 :yuck: then went home and helped my mum make treats...and then she made us watch "West Side Story". :| That really isn't as interesting as I thought. Could have just been that it was watered-down for the 60's and the Mormon public tv channel. I don't care. It was 3 hours of boredom. Then she suggested we watch Tropic Thunder, which wasn't as funny as the first time I saw it. Went to bed a few minutes after midnight. Maybe I should've stayed at work. At least drunks would've called in and THAT would've been interesting.

You haven't seen your best friend's baby yet? Hmm, well I can see where you're coming from - a good friend of mine had a baby early last year and I've only seen him a couple of times, even though I went to the baby shower. It's probably more I've been putting off visiting her and all... we were good friends when we were younger, and I want to support her with the child, but we have some... differences. Anyway! Hope you get to see the baby sometime soon. :)

Boy, that sounds terrible. I feel for you. I'm glad there ain't any Mormon public broadcasters around here. Is Tropic Thunder any good? I can't say I'm usually a fan of the main cast.

Robert Downey Jr was good. Jack Black and Ben Stiller were just kind of white noise. Hell, I liked MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY :)sick:) better. His role was more interesting than the "leads". So was Nolte. He was great. The guy who played the director was great, too. Tom Cruise--yes, Tom Cruise--was hilarious. The plot was okay. They didn't have to go for as many cheap jokes as they did. It could have been better with maybe a few writers who did more intelligent comedy than third-grade humour.

Robert Downey Jr was good. Jack Black and Ben Stiller were just kind of white noise. Hell, I liked MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY :)sick:) better. His role was more interesting than the "leads". So was Nolte. He was great. The guy who played the director was great, too. Tom Cruise--yes, Tom Cruise--was hilarious. The plot was okay. They didn't have to go for as many cheap jokes as they did. It could have been better with maybe a few writers who did more intelligent comedy than third-grade humour.

I heard Downey Jr did a good job, and the Cruise bit being funny, but really it doesn't sound like my kind of thing, unless I was really, really stoned.

I heard Downey Jr did a good job, and the Cruise bit being funny, but really it doesn't sound like my kind of thing, unless I was really, really stoned.

Being stoned and/or drunk would've helped on the second viewing. The first time I saw it, I was with a pretty girl and didn't want to seem like a square for not laughing. She didn't seem to think it was that great afterward, though, in retrospect. Fart jokes, making fun of people with special needs (that whole "Simple Jack" thing pissed me right the hell off), a panda bear attack...Stiller needs to grow up or something.

:wave: Have a good one, Liam.

And, actually, I'm piking. My brother's school holidays are over, so I have to go take him. See ya.

Being stoned and/or drunk would've helped on the second viewing. The first time I saw it, I was with a pretty girl and didn't want to seem like a square for not laughing. She didn't seem to think it was that great afterward, though, in retrospect. Fart jokes, making fun of people with special needs (that whole "Simple Jack" thing pissed me right the hell off), a panda bear attack...Stiller needs to grow up or something.

... Yeah, that really doesn't sound funny at all, to me. Stiller used to be pretty decent, or at least he surrounded himself with funny people like Bob Odenkirk - what's happened?

... Yeah, that really doesn't sound funny at all, to me. Stiller used to be pretty decent, or at least he surrounded himself with funny people like Bob Odenkirk - what's happened?

Odenkirk helped write it. Or produce it...something. I remember his name in the credits.

Ok, really going now. :wave:

Ok, the Panda Bear bit was HILARIOUS. It was a well developed joke, I thought.

I fucking loved that movie, favorite of the entire year.

Hey Peef, what'd you think of So?

Yeah, except that I'm pretty sure it's going to be too much of a good thing. I don't work this week, no school, nothing. I'm going to be bored as hell.

I fell asleep half way through it. I don't remember much of it at all, except that the first track was good, but either the third or fourth track really sucked. I'll need to re-start on it.

Right now, I'm playing around with my new laptop, by which I mean I'm uploading all my music to it. However, I'm using Interference on my old computer, right next to it.

I just finished uploading my U2 CDs. Then, I'm finishing uploading my other CDs. Then, I'm using my flash drive to begin transferring my downloaded music on to this laptop. Which will take a while (days).

I must have missed you getting the laptop, or I forgot. But serious congratulations all the same, I know it's a biggie for you.

And Peter Gabriel's not for everyone, but if you're trying it again, awesome :).

I fell asleep because it was like 3 AM, not because of him.

And, thanks. You didn't miss it, I just got it yesterday (finally). My father's owed it to me for two and a half months.

I still have to install Microsoft Office on it, but other than that it's fully functional. Once that gets installed, I'm done with this computer.

I can't remember the last time I was this disinterested in the NFL playoffs. But my last remaining tie to this season flew away with loss of the Colts.

Bring on Springsteen at half time, then let's get baseball online.

:lol: Oh Well good then. :)

What kind is it? The laptop I mean.
An HP ... something. I don't know. It's a lot faster than my 1999 Dell with Windows 2000 (i.e.: it can have multiple applications open at once). I can have iTunes on it, which is my favorite thing.
Hey, pfan. Your Eagles are still in it.

It's going ok. Back to work today. Always fun after a few days away.
They are indeed. I'm not surprised they took care of Minnesota.

Always.

The first semester ends in three weeks. At that point I'll let my foot off the gas.
So is a fantastic album.
I've heard, hence my giving it a chance. It's the only CD my mother owns that isn't a greatest hits or Christmas album.

I can't remember the last time I was this disinterested in the NFL playoffs. But my last remaining tie to this season flew away with loss of the Colts.

Bring on Springsteen at half time, then let's get baseball online.

I still watch, as I enjoy football, but yeah, with the Patriots out, my interest obviously isn't as high.

So what three/four songs do you think Bruce will do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom