Clipperton Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So earlier today I was reading about the Taino American Indian chief Hatuey who opposed the Spanish back in the early 16th century.

Before he was burned, a priest asked him if he would accept Jesus and go to heaven. Hatuey asked "Are there Spaniards in heaven?" When the priest assured him that there were many, Hatuey replied "If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven".

Pretty cool guy.

Oh, this is priceless. This is the first sentence of an issue I got today on Nationstates 2:

In a recent continental poll on 'most friendly people', Axver came bottom of the list.

DAMN FUCKIN' STRAIGHT, BITCH.

G'night, Chass! :wave:

Haha, what was the topic about? I only just got one about slavery and another one about paying to visit public galleries.

Here's the whole topic:

"Lewd, Crude, and Rude: Freedom of Speech, or Freedom of Hearing?"

In a recent continental poll on 'most friendly people', Axver came bottom of the list. Tourism boards, anxious to promote the country as a wonderful place for holidaymakers, want the government to do something about the 'rudeness' problem.

1. "The people here are a little... unsubtle in their opinions," says Alphonse Chung, chief marketer of Axver Tours. "Just on the way here I was told that I resembled the offspring of a Bricklaying plumber and a dancing monkey. We need to make people aware that what they say hurts others' feelings, and it's not okay. It's offensive and it's bad for business. Political correctness, for all the criticism it gets, is just being polite. The blatant racism in this country is crippling its image. If the government takes this path then the people and media will follow."

2. "Sod off," says Iain Cross, prodding a passerby sharply in the chest. "You say 'political correctness', I hear 'Newspeak' and 'I hear censorship'. Soon we'll all be saying that ignorance is strength and before you know it the government will be telling us what to think as well as what to say. Well, I'm not going to abide that. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? I can say foreigners are dirty or smelly with stupid cultures if I bloody well want to!"

3. Dismiss this issue

You'll never guess which I chose!

OH MY GOD. Folks, see the SuperRegion in Nationstates 1! That game truly knows funny. :lmao:

Have a good one, cin! :wave:

Nearly time for Bonnie's favourite show, Spicks & Specks! :happy:

G'night, Chass! :wave:

Here's the whole topic:

"Lewd, Crude, and Rude: Freedom of Speech, or Freedom of Hearing?"

In a recent continental poll on 'most friendly people', Axver came bottom of the list. Tourism boards, anxious to promote the country as a wonderful place for holidaymakers, want the government to do something about the 'rudeness' problem.

1. "The people here are a little... unsubtle in their opinions," says Alphonse Chung, chief marketer of Axver Tours. "Just on the way here I was told that I resembled the offspring of a Bricklaying plumber and a dancing monkey. We need to make people aware that what they say hurts others' feelings, and it's not okay. It's offensive and it's bad for business. Political correctness, for all the criticism it gets, is just being polite. The blatant racism in this country is crippling its image. If the government takes this path then the people and media will follow."

2. "Sod off," says Iain Cross, prodding a passerby sharply in the chest. "You say 'political correctness', I hear 'Newspeak' and 'I hear censorship'. Soon we'll all be saying that ignorance is strength and before you know it the government will be telling us what to think as well as what to say. Well, I'm not going to abide that. Whatever happened to freedom of speech? I can say foreigners are dirty or smelly with stupid cultures if I bloody well want to!"

3. Dismiss this issue

You'll never guess which I chose!

This is the only way I can respond to that:

(sorry, the scan cut off shit.)

This is the only way I can respond to that:

(sorry, the scan cut off shit.)

Oh my god, that's brilliant on so many levels.

I love how The Smiths may have been "significant to a few disaffected ugly people, but that's it". :lmao:

Oh my god, that's brilliant on so many levels.

I love how The Smiths may have been "significant to a few disaffected ugly people, but that's it". :lmao:

I'm glad you can tell sort of what's going on with what was cut off. Yeah, my brother just found that in an old Uncut this morning , I thought we had it somewhere.

I can just imagine him sitting around spraying his hair for hours, too! Oh, and how he thinks Ian Curtis stole that trademark dance off of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom