Chipping Sodbury, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only heard of the last three bands you mentioned, and seriously I NEED to hear something by Husker Du and Fugazi sooner, rather than later.

Holy shit, Nerdcore? Really?

You also totally need to hear Big Black, and not just because they have an album called Songs About Fucking.

And YES. Apparently there are a whole bunch of rappers who rap about ... nerdy things and it's been added to RYM as nerdcore with "geeksta rap" as an aka.

Speaking of genres, what do we have here?

It's synth pop.

You also totally need to hear Big Black, and not just because they have an album called Songs About Fucking.

And YES. Apparently there are a whole bunch of rappers who rap about ... nerdy things and it's been added to RYM as nerdcore with "geeksta rap" as an aka.

It's synth pop.

Oh, I KNOW what nerdcore is it's just...my word.

Synth pop :panic:

I have several post-hardcore albums, apparently. :shrug: They all kinda fall under my umbrella of punk, no matter how tentative the ties.

I just realized, it's a quarter to midnight, and though my brain is saying "We have to stay up! :hyper:" I can't think of damn reason why. I'm not really tired, I guess I just feel like going to bed at a decent hour, like an adult.

:huh: Wait, what did I just say?

Whoo-hoo! It'll make up for the three nights this week I stayed up till 2 AM. Well, probably not, but I might be slightly less exhausted tomorrow.

I have tried so much post-hardcore, and I just don't care for it. At The Drive-In, Converge, The Jesus Lizard, Shellac, Big Black...it all bugs me for some reason or another. Fugazi and McLusky are the two post-hardcore bands I've really gotten into because their music is melodic and fun, respectfully. The genre seems to take itself too seriously. The Shape of Punk To Come is also a great post-hardcore record because it twists convention so often and so deftly.

Probably the best album you've been recommended, honestly.

Have you heard Dark Side of the Moon? 2 out of 3 people own it, it was the only shit they were bumping in San Salvador when Bono visited, so I'm assuming yes.

Unfortunately, due to my noobness, I haven't listened to DSOTM, but that's something I'm going to change in the near future. After I get through the new DDT album that I didn't know went out like a month ago, of course.

Tried to get to hear New Day Rising. She's at least heard Copper Blue, which is getting her into the general area!

How has this not happened yet?? It's that scamp of a husband of yours, isn't it?

Bonnie, my dear, I hate to say this...but...it's your fault :(. This time....the scamp.......is you.

I was going to listen to them once after I heard and loved a song of theirs in Adventureland, but you seemed pretty positive I would not like them and made me quite hesitant to ever listen to anything by them

It moves me very deeply. I'm a little bored with it, and I think the sentiments and ideas contained in it are a little too general and accessible to really hit on the terrific left-field greatness of the bitter Animals, but it's a beautiful album and a sonic masterpiece.

Yeah, really. I thought you knew that. I say it often enough.

I must be one of the 0.0000001% who think it lives up to everything ever said about it.

What do you guys think of Napoleon Dynamite?

Yeah, really. I thought you knew that. I say it often enough.

I must be one of the 0.0000001% who think it lives up to everything ever said about it.

What do you guys think of Napoleon Dynamite?

I figured you must. I'm kind of sick right now, so I'll use that as an excuse :p.

Napoleon Dynamite is one of my favorite films ever :lol:. So many fond memories attached to it and oh shit, what a soundtrack. Plus, I think it may have the sweetest ending of any movie ever.

Thankfully I discovered that Napoleon Dynamite was on tonight before the halfway mark of the film.

I forgot how awesome the dancing scenes are.

Axver, I have mentioned Robyn Hitchcock's song I Often Dream of Trains (as well as Trams of Old London) to you in the past, largely as a joke. But, upon listening to this for a third time in the past 6 months, I'm positive that you need to hear the entire album the song was named after. It's so spry, weird, off-beat, sparklingly produced and witty that its ideology could make it one of your all-time favorites, if not not necessarily the genres it takes on (folk, psychedelia, a lot of stripped-down songwriting in general). Fucking hilarious album, although vaguely creepy in some spots. It's preoccupied with mental abnormalities and social commentary as much as love and relationships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom