Centralia, PA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There really are some fascinating quotes in that book, though. Achtung Baby in particular.

phillyfan26 said:

Well, they certainly did accept her list, so I think if they honestly didn't like that, they wouldn't have had it.

Then again ... Achtung Baby's tracklisting, so yeah, who knows.

And ATYCLB's tracklisting. :|

major_panic said:

Dear Ax,

Go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.

Yours,
major_panic

Dear Maj.,

I can't believe I got the quote wrong. :reject:

Please accept my gift of a giant rabbit to make up for this terrible mistake.

Cheers,
Ax

Axver said:

Dear Maj.,

I can't believe I got the quote wrong. :reject:

Please accept my gift of a giant rabbit to make up for this terrible mistake.

Cheers,
Ax

Dear French soldiers behind me,

Fetchez la vache.

Merci,
majeur_panique

major_panic said:

I actually really enjoyed reading U2 by U2. :reject:

I found it fascinating. I love the idea of them looking back at their own work. I wish they'd talked more about their live shows, though.

major_panic said:

Dim sims are to real Chinese food what Elevation is to U2, ie a lame excuse by people who don't know better to think they're doing something that's going outside their usual repertoire of stuff.

In all honesty though, I'd never encountered dim sims until I arrived in Australia. And I spent TEN YEARS of my life in Asia. That should explain a lot.

:lmao: Wow.

I think I've had dim sims once or twice. Don't recall what I thought of it now, but they clearly didn't go on my "eat regularly" list.

phillyfan26 said:

I found it fascinating. I love the idea of them looking back at their own work. I wish they'd talked more about their live shows, though.

Some of the stories that came out of that book were great, yeah. And yes, that was a bit of a disappointment. I was hoping to learn more about, well, basically all of their shows, but Popmart in particular for some reason, and from what I recall they only really talked about the Sarajevo show.

mysterious_jen said:
k guys im off to bed
catch you later, pehaps friday by the time i recover from tomorrow nites parrrtaaaaaay .

:hug:

:lol: Have a really good one! :wave:

Axver said:

:lmao: Wow.

I think I've had dim sims once or twice. Don't recall what I thought of it now, but they clearly didn't go on my "eat regularly" list.

I actually quite like them, but that's because I don't eat Chinese dumplings as often as I should, and dim sims are the most curious, yet most Australian of "Chinese" foods ever.

major_panic said:

I actually really enjoyed reading U2 by U2. :reject:

So'd I. The early stuff was great. I need to re-read it, as I think there might've been a bit of setlist data to be gleamed.

Axver said:
Axver describes the opinions of Bono as "daft".

I'm going to start posting random facts I read in the book:

FACT: Bono, who's musically untalented at best, wrote the structure of Love Is Blindness on the piano (says Edge, not Bono).

FACT: Edge said to Bob Dylan, "People are going to be playing your songs for thousands of years." Bob Dylan replied, "Man, they're going to be listening to your songs too. It's just no one's going to know how to play them."

major_panic said:

What the HELL is that? I don't think I've ever heard of it or seen it. :huh:

Wikipedia says:

The dish involves chicken (usually thigh) pieces that are boned, battered, and deep-fried, then dressed with a translucent, reddish-brown, semi-thick, sauce made from corn starch, vinegar or wine, chicken broth, and sugar. The dish is typically topped with toasted sesame seeds, hence the name.

phillyfan26 said:

I'm going to start posting random facts I read in the book:

FACT: Bono, who's musically untalented at best, wrote the structure of Love Is Blindness on the piano (says Edge, not Bono).

FACT: Edge said to Bob Dylan, "People are going to be playing your songs for thousands of years." Bob Dylan replied, "Man, they're going to be listening to your songs too. It's just no one's going to know how to play them."

1. BULLSHIT.

2. Thanks, Bob, for giving blind obsessives material to use for the next DECADE.

phillyfan26 said:

Wikipedia says:

The dish involves chicken (usually thigh) pieces that are boned, battered, and deep-fried, then dressed with a translucent, reddish-brown, semi-thick, sauce made from corn starch, vinegar or wine, chicken broth, and sugar. The dish is typically topped with toasted sesame seeds, hence the name.

It also says:

(also called Chinese sesame seed chicken) is a Chinese American dish commonly found in Chinese take-out and buffet restaurants in the United States.

Which explains a lot, really. That dish also looks like it's essentially made of oil and sugar. Kinda like lemon chicken. :drool:

phillyfan26 said:

Wikipedia says:

That sounds less Chinese and more my mother trying to make chicken for dinner interesting when I was 14.

FACT: Bono and Edge say Adam has the biggest penis of the band. Adam denies it. Edge says, "He wouldn't know because he's blind." Bono says, and I quote, "Some people think U2 should be hung. All I am saying is that we are, in fact, particularly well hung."

major_panic said:
Remember kids, it's (normally) the Koreans and the hillbilly Chinese folk who eat dogs, not the normal ones!

:lol:

I wonder if foreigners will be appalled to learn I have kangaroo mince in my freezer.

phillyfan26 said:
FACT: Bono and Edge say Adam has the biggest penis of the band. Adam denies it. Edge says, "He wouldn't know because he's blind." Bono says, and I quote, "Some people think U2 should be hung. All I am saying is that we are, in fact, particularly well hung."

:lmao: I remember reading that, and not really understanding what he was on about, except he was somehow referring to genitalia.

Axver said:

:lol:

I wonder if foreigners will be appalled to learn I have kangaroo mince in my freezer.

:scream: But... but... that'd be like eating a horse! I mean, you ride both of them animals around, give them names, feed them from your hand, right?

FACT: Bono claims to have invented to square squared.

[In reference to Achtung Baby's cover] "The success of this is it's 16 different images and they're all great sleeve ideas. I came up with the grid system as a solution and it has become associated with our band. I keep seeing it now in commercials and on internet sites. We didn't invent the square squared, but I think we own it for our era."

major_panic said:

:lmao: I remember reading that, and not really understanding what he was on about, except he was somehow referring to genitalia.

The burning question is: do you have a cousin called Hi Hung Li?

Yeah, all the Asian jokes are coming out tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom