Bumpass, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opeth are on my "meaning to listen to" list. Unfortch I haven't heard much by them other than their cover of Iron Maidens' Remember Tomorrow. Which I love.

I did see a couple of their albums in town for eight bucks a piece. Damnation I think and.. Blackwater Park. Are they mostly growls or are they like Agalloch, where they'll interject the odd clean vocal?

coolian2 said:

You don't know the flavour, ready salted?

You know, a little bit of salt.

Ready salted are awesome.

I've always considered "ready salted" to be a poofy name for "plain".

KhanadaRhodes said:

yeah, i've gotta be in the mood for tuna as well.

if it was me, i'd pick spinach and cheese.

that's what i want most, but a) i'm afraid i'll want it more some other time! and b) it's got 6 grams of protein, the chick peas 7, the tuna 11. although the tuna really needs some rice with it.

:hmm:

indecision ftl

RavenBlue said:
Opeth are on my "meaning to listen to" list. Unfortch I haven't heard much by them other than their cover of Iron Maidens' Remember Tomorrow. Which I love.

I did see a couple of their albums in town for eight bucks a piece. Damnation I think and.. Blackwater Park. Are they mostly growls or are they like Agalloch, where they'll interject the odd clean vocal?

Mikael Akerfeldt alternates between clean and growls a fair bit. More clean vocals of late. Damnation is an acoustic album and entirely clean. Blackwater Park is generally considered their masterpiece; Steven Wilson produced it and guests on Bleak, an amazing song. I highly recommend Still Life too, and I'm fond of their debut, Orchid, even if not many others seem to be. The Apostle In Triumph is my favourite Opeth song.

RavenBlue said:
And seriously

Ketchup chips, dill pickle and roast chicken are clearly the best :wink:

wait do you people really have chicken flavored chips????

in thailand the lay's were squid, octopus, and seaweed. the 2 i tried (don't remember which) tasted fairly similar, and were good.

OK, time to go shopping. I expect to pick up some barbecue or sour cream and onion chips. No poofy "ready salted".

:wave:

Varitek said:

wait do you people really have chicken flavored chips????

Chicken is one of the standard, conventional flavours. When my mother was a girl, all you could get was plain, chicken, and salt & vinegar. And I think barbecue too, or maybe that came in during her teen years.

Anyway, see you folks soon!

Varitek said:
that's what i want most, but a) i'm afraid i'll want it more some other time! and b) it's got 6 grams of protein, the chick peas 7, the tuna 11. although the tuna really needs some rice with it.

:hmm:

indecision ftl
do you have any rice you could make? boil-in-bag rice is kind of soggy but it does the trick for me in a pinch, especially since you can make it in the microwave.

well shit. this restaurant my mom and grandma have been raving about to me that they used to go to when my mom was a little kid? turns out it's in the city my grandma lived in for a little bit when she lived in a nursing home. we could've gone there in 05 when we went to visit her *pouts*

KhanadaRhodes said:

do you have any rice you could make? boil-in-bag rice is kind of soggy but it does the trick for me in a pinch, especially since you can make it in the microwave.

no. i really should just snag some from the dining hall and leave it in my fridge, it lasts a while.

never had microwaved rice, thoguh microwaved pasta is pretty icky.

can we have a moment, speaking of icky, to ponder CHICKEN POTATO CHIPS!!!!

Varitek said:
no. i really should just snag some from the dining hall and leave it in my fridge, it lasts a while.

never had microwaved rice, thoguh microwaved pasta is pretty icky.

can we have a moment, speaking of icky, to ponder CHICKEN POTATO CHIPS!!!!
yeah, might as well :up:

microwaved rice isn't bad, i think. it's the closest i get to eating anything like ramen. i will never eat ramen or any other crap like that, but i can make a meal out of just rice. it's probably not the best, but when i lived on my own, rice was cheap.

and yes! that sounds disgusting. i'm kind of boring with potato chips. i like plain, barbecue, and sometimes sour cream and onion. but really, i'm not even a big potato chip eater. or at least not the standard lay's type. i prefer ruffles, fritos, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom