Bummerville, CA, United States Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm honestly mildly impressed I could even remember my login details for Photobucket. I can't have been on that site since 2009.

Axxo! Quick! I need a suggestion for a good white wine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using U2 Interference mobile app

Hey, being a pro at overanalysing is how you become a historian. :happy:

Axxo! Quick! I need a suggestion for a good white wine.

Oh, this would be what Alison asked me about! I keep forgetting to check this forum these days, especially when I just see another What Did You Smell While Eating Your Last Text Message thread in the recent posts column.

i applied for the dumbest (in terms of what i want to do) job today. especially because i'm trying to look for reasons to not stay in this city. bah, what are you going to do.

thanks :) if i get it, it'll be hell come fall trying to juggle grad school, full time job, and an ldr, but i'm so tired of having nothing to do and no money to do anything with.

Things were looking good a few weeks back, but not quite as much now. I'm looking at looking for another job again soon. Blergh.

Speaking of which, guess who's applying for a postdoc at Macquarie in a desperate attempt to stave off unemployment next year.

You know what's worse than a job and unemployment? Waiting to hear back about an interview.

I was supposed to know Monday evening if I got the job. Then they told me it got extended to Tuesday. Then they called me last night to tell me they were considering shuffling roles and that they were very interested in me but had to see where I fit and I would know by end of day Wednesday.

... And I have heard nothing in the meanwhile. Twiddling fucking thumbs like mad over here.... Tomorrow is gonna kill me worse than today did.

You know what's worse than a job and unemployment? Waiting to hear back about an interview.

I was supposed to know Monday evening if I got the job. Then they told me it got extended to Tuesday. Then they called me last night to tell me they were considering shuffling roles and that they were very interested in me but had to see where I fit and I would know by end of day Wednesday.

... And I have heard nothing in the meanwhile. Twiddling fucking thumbs like mad over here.... Tomorrow is gonna kill me worse than today did.

That's bloody infuriating.

Though try postdoc applications, which literally drag for months! In my current case, just the expression of interest is twelve pages. :crack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom