Breaky Bottom, East Sussex, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we please eliminate SBS this time around?

And I can't get over the elimination of Like A Song.

I think IWF is gone. :(

I'm just rather glad The Electric Co. has made it through to the semi-finals.

I'm glad as well. It was receiving a few votes in the last rounds.

It's just a shame it probably won't make the grand finals.

I'm yet to firmly decide on how many songs will compete in the final. I was originally thinking 4 songs per era, but that's rather few. So now I'm thinking 5 or maybe even 6. Though six would mean a total of 18 songs, which would be a rather large poll indeed. And there's no way the 2000s deserve that many songs compared to the 1980s or 1990s.

I'm trying to think of a way to weight how many songs go from a given decade to the finals.

It's just a shame it probably won't make the grand finals.

I'm yet to firmly decide on how many songs will compete in the final. I was originally thinking 4 songs per era, but that's rather few. So now I'm thinking 5 or maybe even 6. Though six would mean a total of 18 songs, which would be a rather large poll indeed. And there's no way the 2000s deserve that many songs compared to the 1980s or 1990s.

I'm trying to think of a way to weight how many songs go from a given decade to the finals.

It would be nice to have some sort of weighed average depending on the number of albums per decade. Only 3 in the 00s should mean less songs.

:wave:

Hope you guys find what I just sent you as funny as I do...:reject:

It would be nice to have some sort of weighed average depending on the number of albums per decade. Only 3 in the 00s should mean less songs.

Yeah, I'm trying to work out something based on quantity of albums and their seedings for the decade finals.

Let's see. The eighties have six albums and two misc. categories, with seedings of 3, 2, 3, 4, 4, and 2 tracks for the albums, and 2 and 4 tracks for misc. 24 quarter finalists; 12 semi-finalists.

The nineties have four albums and one misc. category, receiving 4, 3, 3, 4, 2 tracks. 16 semi-finalists.

00s have three albums and two misc. categories, receiving 3, 2, 3, 2, 2 tracks. 12 semi-finalists.

I think it's pretty clear from that that the 00s shouldn't be seeded as strongly as the earlier two decades. Maybe a third of the finalists (by which I mean quarters for the eighties) should go to the grand final? 8 for the eighties, rounded up to 6 for the nineties, 4 for the 00s?

:wave:

Hope you guys find what I just sent you as funny as I do...:reject:

No, it was awesome! My only complaint is that I hate to be reminded of that fucking straw cowboy hat of Bono's, with or without mouse.

However, you must excuse me - my internet is hell of decrepit right now and so pretty much none of the pictures have uploaded fully. Ax could make an OldSkool joke about Adelaide's internet mouse wheel here, and it would be relevant.

No, it was awesome! My only complaint is that I hate to be reminded of that fucking straw cowboy hat of Bono's, with or without mouse.

Yeah, it's a travesty.

The thing I laughed the hardest over was putting the bandana on mouse for the inthistowntastic picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom