Boring Lava Field, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I'm digging your playlist right now, Axver--of course I've only been through one song with growls. :lol:

the tourist said:
Hey Axver, I'm listening to your playlist. I'm on Russian Circles right now. :wave:

Cool. What do you think so far?

Edit: just saw your last post. Don't worry, there's only growls on 7, 19, and 23. Though track 21 will hurt me too.

Axver said:

Cool. What do you think so far?

Overall, at this point it's my second favourite of the 7 (8 including yours) that I've listened to.

Anyway, in response to LM from the last thread:

Yes, you posted more than me in the last thread. It's due to the fact that over the last two nights I haven't gotten home til 1:30 either night and went straight to bed. This being after leaving around 3 each day for band practice, and then going to shows (concert and a musical) from band practice.

And tonight, once I'm done with work, I think I'm gonna unplug my internet (when I get home) so I can work on my novel a bit.

Anyway, Axver, the songs I liked most out of your playlist so far are the ones by Martin Phillips and Ride.

In those pictures you or Jen posted last night of four of you going to U23D, who were the other two girls besides Jen? I didn't read too closely as I was skimming and doing homework.

I'm really digging this stuff. It's making me want to explore more of the post-rock/prog-rock stuff my friend burned me an mp3 disc of (Green Carnation is one of the bands). Oh, and your copy of Time skipped on my computer--could just be the mediafire.

the tourist said:
In those pictures you or Jen posted last night of four of you going to U23D, who were the other two girls besides Jen? I didn't read too closely as I was skimming and doing homework.

Ali and cin, Ali being the tall one.

the tourist said:
Anyway, Axver, the songs I liked most out of your playlist so far are the ones by Martin Phillips and Ride.

Cool. Martin Phillipps is the lead singer of The Chills, who I've used numerous times before.

Axver said:

Ali and cin, Ali being the tall one.

Ah, for some reason I suspected that was her, but I didn't know who the other one was. I was wondering if maybe it was gluey. But cool. Anyway, I think it's the hair, but you sorta look a bit like early 80s Adam. :wink:

the tourist said:
I'm really digging this stuff. It's making me want to explore more of the post-rock/prog-rock stuff my friend burned me an mp3 disc of (Green Carnation is one of the bands). Oh, and your copy of Time skipped on my computer--could just be the mediafire.

You definitely should. With Green Carnation, they change style every album - that song is from their acoustic one, but another album features a single song, 60:06 long, that's just a huge prog metal epic.

On my copy of Time, there is a small blip at one point. No matter what I do, I can't get rid of it when I copy from my CD to the computer. Must be on the CD. I've never actually played the CD on anything other than my computer to see what it sounds like though!

the tourist said:

Ah, for some reason I suspected that was her, but I didn't know who the other one was. I was wondering if maybe it was gluey. But cool. Anyway, I think it's the hair, but you sorta look a bit like early 80s Adam. :wink:

gluey's on the wrong side of the Tasman Sea. :wink:

And my hair was much longer a week ago! It drove me nuts so I got it chopped.

Axver said:

You definitely should. With Green Carnation, they change style every album - that song is from their acoustic one, but another album features a single song, 60:06 long, that's just a huge prog metal epic.

Jake generally knows the style of music I'll dig, so I'd almost assume without even looking that it's probably their acoustic one. But once DI is over (or I've listened to everyone's playlists once) I'll make sure to get that stuff in. I'll list it on here one day to see what you've heard of it, and suggestions as to the order in which I import it.

On my copy of Time, there is a small blip at one point. No matter what I do, I can't get rid of it when I copy from my CD to the computer. Must be on the CD. I've never actually played the CD on anything other than my computer to see what it sounds like though!

That sucks. I hate it when that happens.

Axver said:

gluey's on the wrong side of the Tasman Sea. :wink:

And my hair was much longer a week ago! It drove me nuts so I got it chopped.

At one point I had shoulder length hair:

1106387019_l.jpg

My best impression of Oasis. :lol:

The longest my hair ever was can be seen in that well-known picture of me from Auckland II on U2VT. Bloody hell that was nuts.

I'm off to meet a couple of friends for lunch. See you folk in a bit. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom