Bono on Oprah Fri 10/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
40-ish and it's already programmed to watch, as long as my TiVo machine is working. If not, I'll stop work on Friday for an hour or so :whistle:

Oh so what he is going to be on Oprah. I think it is a great move. He is there for Red and after being on Oprah, Red will turn to Gold! Ever watch an Oprah's Greatest Things show? Companies are lined up to put their product on that show becuase people will BUY them from her exposure. I think this will give a huge amount of exposure to Red and if Bono's got to go on Oprah to do it....so be it!

I'll be watching for sure!

me too, I posted in 2 other threads, but I didn't see this one :der:

And yes, they are to perform a song together...

Last edited:
I posted this earlier in a couple of other threads...
~~~~~~~~~~
just got this email!

Dear Lila,

Keep A Child Alive on Oprah!!!!

KCA Global Ambassador Alicia Keys will be on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" tomorrow-Friday, talking about KCA! Please, show your support and tune in.

Grammy-Winning artist, actress, philanthropist and humanitarian Alicia Keys will tell Oprah about her trip to Africa in April. She will be sharing pictures and videos from her trips to KCA clinics and programs. This trip changed Alicia's life. Tune in and it will change yours as well. See the faces of the children who benefit from your kindness, the doctors who work tirelessly to deliver medicine to the destitute ill and the communities struggling to cope with the devastation of AIDS. Learn how KCA is addressing these problems fueled by your kindness and generosity.

In addition, Alicia Keys and Bono will duet their beautiful rendition of, "Don't Give Up (Africa)". This song is a message to all the people in Africa who are waiting for life-saving ARVs, who have watched a daughter or father or uncle or sister die of AIDS, who are grandmothers raising orphaned grandchildren, who are dying alone in their homes. Alicia and Bono will pour their heart into this song. Show your support for these two humanitarians and the people infected and affected by AIDS in Africa by purchasing this song on Friday at www.keepachildalive.org.

100% of the money from the song will benefit Keep a Child Alive.

The Oprah Winfrey Show. Friday October 13, 2006 (Check local listings for airtimes)

Anyone know of where (besides the Motorola store) I can get the Red phone?

Bono is brilliant. This is a fabulous way of raising money for Africa!!

I don't think the phone is coming to most of the carriers until November. I think you may beable to order it online though.

One of my coworkers (and fellow U2 nut) went into her department conference room and made her boss turn off baseball so she could watch Oprah. I joined her for a few minutes.

It was pretty fun - her boss was a riot, telling her that if she squealed at all at Bono, he was turning baseball back on.

So she'd squeal, I'd giggle at her, and he'd make a crack about it. It was a funny end to the work week.

I'm taping it at home, so I can't wait to get home and see the rest, particularly the duet!

Back
Top Bottom