Bill, Wyo. Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. :D

I doubt I'll be able to create another list quite like my symphonic one, but I certainly want to give it another go.

We're doing another Desert Island, eh? Sounds good, though I'll probably ditch the playlist I already have as I don't think I really feel passionately about it any more.

what's up dr. dré :cool:

i feel pretty good about the playlist i've come up with so far, it's basically one disc's worth. i just need to come up with a second half. i assume all the rules from last time will apply again?

phillyfan26 said:
Wasn't there rumors about rule changes with the one song per artist rule?

Not if I have anything to say about it. That rule is fundamental.

Axver said:
yeah, if (and only if) that were to get changed, i think it'd have to be only two per artist, and it'd have to be strict so you didn't just pick two songs for each artist and leave at that. like this:

1. artist 1 song 1
2. artist 1 song 2
3. artist 2 song 1

and so on...if the rule were ever to be lifted i think it'd be something like two songs max per artist, and only like three or four artists can be used multiple times, to prevent repetition.

It would just be boring to allow the same artists. We allowed that in the very first tournament and its tracklists are markedly inferior. I do think having just one track per artist is more challenging and cuts out some of the lazier people.

Axver said:

I recall reading something about it being one artist per disc for the 2-disc Desert Island.

KhanadaRhodes said:

and so on...if the rule were ever to be lifted i think it'd be something like two songs max per artist, and only like three or four artists can be used multiple times, to prevent repetition.

I was thinking about that a few months ago. Then it was like are people going to vote for a playlist because there are two U2 songs instead of one? I like it the way it is.

Varitek said:
can someone tell me what desert island is exactly? but i think i'd do it from what i've gleaned so far

The Desert Island Game is something in B&C where you create a playlist that competes against other playlists. The idea is that you can create the playlist people would most want on an a desert island. :)

I'll link some of the playlists. Get me a minute.

Varitek said:
can someone tell me what desert island is exactly? but i think i'd do it from what i've gleaned so far
basically, you come up with a compilation of songs you'd take with you if you were stuck on a desert island. the only real limitations are it's supposed to be at most, two discs' worth (but it can be less of course), and only one song per artist. if they've done solo work you can use that too. other than that there's no real limitations. usually people choose songs and orders that represent a theme of some sort, but that's not mandatory.

I think it makes sense with artists like U2 or David Bowie that have drastically changed their sound. My two disc outline has two very different sounds, and I can think of songs by both artists to fit both discs, in very different ways. :shrug:

I certainly don't want a free-for-all, something like the 2 songs limit for a maximum of 3 artists idea that Khanada suggested sounds like the idea I was shooting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom