big news for Springsteen fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i shouldn't have said crap

i wasn't saying crap in the sense that they suck, but just as "the rest of the instruments"

im still buying this record.

After listening to the album once, I like it way more than I thought I would. I can't wait to hear these songs live, and to see what the band can do with the songs from Springsteen's back catalogue.

Bono's shades said:
Bruce playing in Iowa for the first time since 1992 was the top story in today's Des Moines Register.

That's awesome :drool: :wink:

Did anyone see the picture in People Magazine a couple of weeks ago of Bruce and Patti w/ their kids? It looked posed (it was outside Barney's in NYC), I was shocked considering how private he is about his family. Evan and Sam look just like him, Jessica looks like Patti. I assume they have just those three, honestly I don't "keep tabs" on all of that and they're very private.

I look forward to the CD and hopefully *prays* getting a ticket.

MrsSpringsteen said:

That's awesome :drool: :wink:

Did anyone see the picture in People Magazine a couple of weeks ago of Bruce and Patti w/ their kids? It looked posed (it was outside Barney's in NYC), I was shocked considering how private he is about his family. Evan and Sam look just like him, Jessica looks like Patti. I assume they have just those three, honestly I don't "keep tabs" on all of that and they're very private.

I look forward to the CD and hopefully *prays* getting a ticket.

Yes, they just have those three.

I didn't see the photo, and while I don't keep tabs on his family life myself, I'm curious as to what they look like.

Good luck getting a ticket - we always need all the luck we can get when it comes to Boston.

:wink:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I just want to know when the onsale dates are. :shifty:

Rumor is next weekend (Apr 28- May 1) with different shows going on sale on different days.

So far:

Indianapolis- Friday, Apr. 28, 10:00am
Milwaukee- Monday, May 1, 10:00am

I've been checking at work every 10 minutes looking for some info on the sale dats , geez, I had forgotten how stressful getting tickets can be
:angry:

Of course it will be this weekend [days before I get paid] or the weekend of May 5 [when I'm outta town] ...cause I have wonderful luck
:happy:

looks like i won't be going to cold war history class on tuesday. not that i ever go to that class, anyway. :shifty: large boring lectures :down:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Dancing in the Dark is the cheesiest Springsteen song ever

I'd picture Bon Jovi doing a song like that w/ the horrible synthesizers, but not the Boss :sad:

:giggle:

actually i wasn't a big fan of this song either.......BUT it really ROCkS Live! and I've heard it live at least ?3 times.and i still was rocking out to it..:D

martha said:

This was my exact thought when I saw that there were new posts in this thread.

Except my thought had more swear words in it.

:lmao: :lmao:

hi martha, phanan & LMpopAngel.et aL

very nice to meet up with some U2 AND Bruuuce fans again :D

:ohmy: I wonder if my sis knows about this.a
nd she just left for vacation in eUROPE! MUST CALL OUR MUTUAL FRIEND AND BRUCE/u2 FAN ET AL!

martha said:
Bruce and U2. Until Elevation, Bruce was the only double digit concert set for me. :D

:giggle:

The WHo were my first double digit concert R&R Band
:scratch: Then Patti Smith band i think

Bruce & U2 would eventually become Double Digit bands later

esp b/c U2 took that big break - which until end of 90 i had money to get tickets right off...then the recession and other problems later has made me have rely on my sis or our mutual friends who we'vee been together as concert-goers for pretty much all these bands to lend me the money and takes me several months to over a year to pay them back :digh:

I AM lucky they do it for me :hug:

I must say I am disappointed in some of those cover titles, but others sound exciting! :hyper:

it's been DECADES since I saw him & E street close up performing ....I was in the 12, 5th row and rAN UP TO THE FIRST ROW ASIDE AISLE TIO TAKE PICS OF THEM IN 76 & &78:drool: :drool: :drool:

elevation2u said:
get Tivo already and quit your whining

:sexywink:

pffffft. i can't get tivo until it's obselete. i just bought a vcr a few months ago.

I'm not a fan of the era of Born in The USA....though, it's taken long enough to finally like Cover Me and about 2 lines of I'm On Fire...
I especially cringe when I hear Glory Days :yikes: and Dancing in the Dark...especially the videos!!!

I do have to admit I love Pete Yorn's acoustic version of the song & think it's way superior :reject:

oh yeah, and you got to love Adam Sandler's SNL pardoy, classic!

elevation2u said:
I'm not a fan of the era of Born in The USA....though, it's taken long enough to finally like Cover Me and about 2 lines of I'm On Fire...
I especially cringe when I hear Glory Days :yikes: and Dancing in the Dark...especially the videos!!!

The Glory Days video is hilarious! :lmao:

elevation2u said:

Well, I think Born In The USA is a fantastic album. Cover Me is probably the one song on there that I could do without, but even that isn't so bad.

The end of Side One (for those of us who remember records :wink: ) is my favorite part - Downbound Train into I'm On Fire.

Having said that, the outtakes from this period are truly fascinating to listen to. Imagine the direction this album would have taken if a song like Murder Incorporated made it on there.

downbound train :drool:

i hate i'm on fire. :mad: although i admit it was cool with the banjo, even if the whistling was a little off key.

i've got born in the USA on vinyl. but only because i found a copy at a used music store, not because i'm old :wink: that album came out the same year i was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom