big news for Springsteen fans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Popmartijn said:
I didn't get tickets today.
All 5,000 tickets for the whole of the Netherlands (and probably Belgium too) were sold within 3 minutes.
:grumpy:

:(

Popmartijn said:
I didn't get tickets today.
All 5,000 tickets for the whole of the Netherlands (and probably Belgium too) were sold within 3 minutes.
:grumpy:

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Four rehearsal shows in Asbury Park went on sale this morning. As usual, they were gone rather quickly.

Out of curiosity, this "We Shall Overcome" business has nothing to do with the new E Street record, right? They aren't one in the same, are they?

Sorry, I'm pretty ignorant.

Sadly, no. This is Bruce playing with a whole different band.

However, from what I've heard so far, it's actually really good. Lots of banjo, strings, horns, etc. Sounds like one giant party. I'm in the middle of uploading it for anyone interested, although I might not be done until tomorrow.

awesomeness. except for the erie canal, but that's mostly because i developed an irrational hatred for that song for some reason back in elementary school.

actually, it's not that bad, though (erie canal).

Last edited:
dates were announced earlier today:

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN WITH THE SEEGER SESSIONS BAND 2006 US TOUR DATES

April 30 New Orleans, LA Jazz & Heritage Festival
May 27 Boston, MA TD Bank North Garden
May 28 Washington, DC Nissan Pavilion
May 30 Columbus, OH Germain Amphitheatre
May 31 Indianapolis, IN Verizon Amphitheatre
June 3 Phoenix, AZ Glendale Arena
June 5 Los Angeles, CA Greek Amphitheatre
June 6 San Francisco, CA Concord Pavilion
June 10 Des Moines, IA Wells Fargo Arena
June 11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Arena
June 13 Chicago, IL First MidWest Bank
June 14 Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center
June 16 Cleveland, OH Blossom Amphitheatre
June 17 Detroit, MI DTE Energy Center
June 20 Philadelphia, PA Camden Tweeter Waterfront Amphitheater
June 21 Saratoga, NY Saratoga Performing Arts Center
June 22 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
June 24 Holmdel, NJ PNC Amphitheatre
June 25 Holmdel, NJ PNC Amphitheatre

LemonMacPhisto said:

I don't like folk music aside from Bob Dylan, so I don't know why I like all of the songs I've heard so far.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's The Boss and everything? :shrug:

:wink:

joyfulgirl said:

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's The Boss and everything? :shrug:

:wink:

you win. :wink:

It's like I want to vomit after listening to the fiddles and banjos and crap, but then Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce starts singing, and I'm hooked.

It's the weirdest thing.

I'm actually npt going to listen to it, which I'm surprised at myself, but maybe it's because I love how how Bruce can keep things on the downlow....I mean it's not like he's been blabbing about this record for years or months even, so it's just a nice bonus to get an album so quickly after it's been talked about ..unlike other bands coughcoughu2coughcoughradioheadcough
:angry:

but from what I've heard/seen on John Henry and Pay Me My MOney Down I was quite pleasantly surprised, he really makes it work ! Otherwise I don't imagine I could listen to all those fiddles and banjos on their own...it sounds like honkytonk people wearing overalls, straw hats and missing teeth
:huh:

I've downloaded the album and have listened to it multiple times in its entirety, and I can honestly say now that I adore this album.

This coming from someone who, upon first hearing the news about what this disc would be, was a bit taken aback. I was really hoping he'd follow up last year's solo effort with a new E Street record. I even felt a twinge of disappointment.

But then I read more about it, and my curiousity was peaked. Then I saw the John Henry video, and I became very intrigued. So without hesitation I downloaded it as soon as it leaked, and I'm very glad I did (still buying it, though - supposedly the liner notes are excellent).

The whole thing is like one big party. It has a live-in-the-studio feel to it, complete with Bruce barking out orders and key changes. It's very refreshing to listen to, and it's a much more lively record than Devils & Dust. The band sounds loose, like they are having a great time, and I love how the background vocals are truly in the "background", like they placed a microphone in the middle of the room and all the players are just shouting out along with Bruce. I can't wait to hear this stuff live.

So this sounds nothing like anything Bruce has done before. Much different from his solo efforts, and worlds apart from E Street. But if you can get passed that and see this album for what it really is, you'll enjoy one of his best recordings ever.

:)

i'm pretty sure i heard "pay me my money down" on the radio this morning. i was at the dining hall and couldn't really hear too well, but it definitely sounded like that song. :up:

i liked the rumored may 26th boston date better :grumpy: oh well.

phanan said:
I've downloaded the album and have listened to it multiple times in its entirety, and I can honestly say now that I adore this album.

This coming from someone who, upon first hearing the news about what this disc would be, was a bit taken aback. I was really hoping he'd follow up last year's solo effort with a new E Street record. I even felt a twinge of disappointment.

But then I read more about it, and my curiousity was peaked. Then I saw the John Henry video, and I became very intrigued. So without hesitation I downloaded it as soon as it leaked, and I'm very glad I did (still buying it, though - supposedly the liner notes are excellent).

The whole thing is like one big party. It has a live-in-the-studio feel to it, complete with Bruce barking out orders and key changes. It's very refreshing to listen to, and it's a much more lively record than Devils & Dust. The band sounds loose, like they are having a great time, and I love how the background vocals are truly in the "background", like they placed a microphone in the middle of the room and all the players are just shouting out along with Bruce. I can't wait to hear this stuff live.

So this sounds nothing like anything Bruce has done before. Much different from his solo efforts, and worlds apart from E Street. But if you can get passed that and see this album for what it really is, you'll enjoy one of his best recordings ever.

:)

Haven't listened to it as much as you, but it sounds great. :drool:

Live it's going to be awesome, I can just tell. :yes:

LemonMacPhisto said:

you win. :wink:

It's like I want to vomit after listening to the fiddles and banjos and crap, but then Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce starts singing, and I'm hooked.

It's the weirdest thing.

All those fiddles, banjos and crap are going to sound friggin' awesome live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom