Australia/Windies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In 2005, Lara has 4 centuries in test matches and got a 156 in an ODI, his second highest ODI score ever.

According to this page
2005 Calendar Year Test Highest Batting Averages
he's got the seventh best average on this planet for this year. Of course, that average may drop after the current test, but it seems like he's still got a few good innings left in him.

cleazer said:
Interesting comments from Ramdin, saying how they have a chance at winning this test thanks to their batsmen.

West Indies 2nd innings (target: 509 runs) R M B 4 6
CH Gayle c Warne b Watson 33 87 57 2 2
DS Smith c Warne b Lee 3 31 22 0 0
RR Sarwan c Gilchrist b Lee 31 159 92 5 0
BC Lara c Hayden b Bracken 14 69 51 2 0
*S Chanderpaul lbw b Bracken 7 31 25 1 0
MN Samuels not out 17 52 20 3 0
+D Ramdin c Gilchrist b Lee 6 12 16 0 0
DB Powell lbw b Bracken 0 14 4 0 0
FH Edwards b Bracken 0 1 1 0 0
CD Collymore lbw b Lee 4 7 6 1 0
JJC Lawson b Lee 1 12 9 0 0
Extras (lb 3, nb 10) 13
Total (all out, 49 overs, 242 mins) 129

---
Bad. Really bad. Hopefully they'll go on and improve and we could have some exciting matches for the rest of the series.

Even though Australia got beaten, the Ashes were a much better series.

Hussey will probably come good in the next test.

Who was man of the match?

Good to see Lee get five wickets. :up: and Bracken with 4 :up:

Tania said:
Even though Australia got beaten, the Ashes were a much better series.

Hussey will probably come good in the next test.

Who was man of the match?

Good to see Lee get five wickets. :up: and Bracken with 4 :up:

Bracken's exactly the kind of problem Australia will be facing over the next 5 (give or take 5, lol) or so years. Did I ever tell you he's a friend of Mat's? Anyway, he's only now come good enough to make any test team because when he was at his peak, we had McGrath, Lee, Warne, and many others. We didn't have a need for a 'pretty good' bowler. We now need to start replacing these old players before they start dropping off the perch. It will take us a while to gain form from too much new blood, but it's a necessity.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I think Axver's more concerned with Australia doing badly than New Zealand doing well. :wink:

I don't want to know about how New Zealand's doing. :sad:

^ :lmao:

Yes they do don't they, which is a real pity because the better the competition the better the crowd etc, etc.

Maybe we should just play the Ashes all over again. At least that was fun/competitive/etc.

Windies finished with 149.
Suffice it to say, the Aussies will probably only have to bat once! :rolleyes:

Windies only chance is to hope for bad weather. ;)

Looks like it might rain on Friday, but apparently Saturday and Sunday should be pretty dry. Oh well, so much for that plan. (and its not like this test is going to last until Sunday anyways...)

Most Americans don't hate it. They just don't have the slightest idea how it's played.

Personally, I follow many "international" sports, including soccer, F1, cycling, America's Cup, and cricket.

they showed the 1993 test match where australia lost by a run

that was pre-warne mcgrath

ever since then australian cricket has become one of sports' greatest dynasties and the west indies have all gone to play soccer and basketball

hey wait a minute....

Warne was playing in 93...

He bowled Gatting with that masterball in july that year.....and im sure he had ben playing for a while prior to that ..at least a year or 2..

bono_man2002 said:
Windies 2/27 already.....Will this test last a full 3 days?....

This is simply pathetic. I can't even bring myself to be interested.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Australia have to bat twice.

Hmmmm.

Correction, the openers have to bat twice :wink:

Edit : well baggygreen says Australia sealed a ten-wicket win well before lunch then I checked the scorecard and they only won by nine :shrug:

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is that a nice three figure score next to 'BC Lara'? 11k runs...

Of course, it WOULD help if everyone else wasn't falling so quickly but 308-6 is still a great score.

Back
Top Bottom