Ashley, Indiana Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Johnny Comes Marching Home/Hands That Built America Bullet snippets were the most boring parts of the Vert tour please don't ever bring them back :groan: :scream:

Blogsearch turned up this: Jolly Joker: Phish - studio discography

What shall I grab?

Junta and Rift are essential. Billy Breathes is quite good. Hoist is alright. Haven't heard Nectar or Lawn Boy, although I will steal. I wouldn't bother with the first two, they're merely demo tapes, although the Gamehendge stuff is kinda interesting, I guess.

The Johnny Comes Marching Home/Hands That Built America Bullet snippets were the most boring parts of the Vert tour please don't ever bring them back :groan: :scream:

Wrong. The following were all more boring:

- Miracle Drug speech
- SYCMIOYO
- One and its never-ending speech
- Any other speech Bono made

I've had better days, Danny boy. According to Dr. Dre, just been in a drug induced haze in the past three months.

Yourself?

:lol:

Yeah I could be better as well, but could be worse too I suppose. My problem is at the moment that the girl I'm into is quite darn shy and slow and sensitive, so when people say shit it's having bad effects. :(

Did you ever see Control?

And ax, what's your view on this particle generator thing.

Junta and Rift are essential. Billy Breathes is quite good. Hoist is alright. Haven't heard Nectar or Lawn Boy, although I will steal. I wouldn't bother with the first two, they're merely demo tapes, although the Gamehendge stuff is kinda interesting, I guess.

Righto, I'm grabbing Junta and Rift now, and I'll move on to Billy Breathes and Hoist if I like what I hear.

:lol:

Yeah I could be better as well, but could be worse too I suppose. My problem is at the moment that the girl I'm into is quite darn shy and slow and sensitive, so when people say shit it's having bad effects. :(

Did you ever see Control?

I did. I cried. It was beautiful.

Yeah, the shy girls are the best in bed though. :D

Wrong. The following were all more boring:

- Miracle Drug speech
- One and its never-ending speech
- Any other speech Bono made

:yes:, in that order.

But seriously, if they insist on playing Bullet, take it back to the old days, and without those boring snippets.

Yeah, he's done it both times I've seen them. It's the Matchbox 20 song, very briefly. And I just noticed I forgot to note Here Comes The Sun at the end of Beautiful Day and what struck me as the oddest snippet of the lot, When Johnny Comes Marching Home in Sunday Bloody Sunday. I guess because I'm so used to it in Bullet. Though Satisfaction in AIWIY was really weird too. I love it; it cracks me up and I'm glad they do the snippetry thing.

what is that? :cool:

Righto, I'm grabbing Junta and Rift now, and I'll move on to Billy Breathes and Hoist if I like what I hear.

Unfortunately there's no live stuff on there. The 10 minute Foam, jammed out songs, any version of Mike's Groove (Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapug Groove), The Curtain, album covers (Phish were the first), and Fishman singing silly songs are all absent on those albums.

Not being knowledgable about science matters, I don't really feel like I'm in much of a position to comment. I suppose that given the risks, it should go through a more rigorous approval process than normal. The potential research outcomes seem very exciting, though.

If I find myself suddenly sucked out of existence, at least I'll know what happened and why.

See you later, Ian. :wave:

:yes:, in that order.

But seriously, if they insist on playing Bullet, take it back to the old days, and without those boring snippets.

You took out SYCMIOYO, the worst snoozefest of the lot. :tsk:

Bullet was exceptional on ZooTV, great on Elevation, and good on JT/Lovetown and Popmart. The Vertigo one starts out well, but the solo is too slow and lacking on the effects, and then the snippets drag on.

I did. I cried. It was beautiful.

Yeah, the shy girls are the best in bed though. :D

I never got to see it, I'll make a point to hire it :up: Though the vocals sound shabby on Love Will Tear us Apart, there's something great about that song.

Well let's hope this goes somewhere and that turns out to be true :D And how is your partner doing.

Not being knowledgable about science matters, I don't really feel like I'm in much of a position to comment. I suppose that given the risks, it should go through a more rigorous approval process than normal. The potential research outcomes seem very exciting, though.

If I find myself suddenly sucked out of existence, at least I'll know what happened and why.

I do agree, it's all very interesting, and it sounds like it will go ahead no matter what. They have the potential to discover what the 95% of unknown matter is in the universe.

See you later, Ian. :wave:

You took out SYCMIOYO, the worst snoozefest of the lot. :tsk:

Bullet was exceptional on ZooTV, great on Elevation, and good on JT/Lovetown and Popmart. The Vertigo one starts out well, but the solo is too slow and lacking on the effects, and then the snippets drag on.

I like that song :grumpy:

I love the ZooTV and Elevation perfomances, it was menacing on Zoot V. Spot on about Vertigo though :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom