American Idol 6 - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't have a problem with Elliott getting his snaggleteeth fixed. It was the hair that scared and saddened me. :(

^:yes:

He had stated on Ellen that after Idol he had all these offers of dentists wanting to fix his teeth. Turns out (I think) it was done in Beverly Hills for free.

happy-biggrin.gif

corianderstem said:
I didn't have a problem with Elliott getting his snaggleteeth fixed. It was the hair that scared and saddened me. :(

It doesn't bother me either. I just noticed it. After I remembered his crooked teeth from last season when my hubby pointed it out (this is amazing since when does he notice someone's change in appearance) :ohmy: His words: "hey, elliott got a new grill" :lol:

Last edited:
Wow. I shut this off after the Elliot Yamin performance because I was tired and thought Blake would likely be going home. I still think it will be a good finale.. I do enjoy Blake, though I imagine Jordin will win.

Melinda will be fine, she'll do wonderful in whatever she does.

I finally caught up last night and was amazed that I managed to be a day late and not find out in advance who the final two were.

I think the final two are by far the most interesting but of course it's been said a million times it doesn't matter who wins at this point. I like Melinda a lot but am just not that interested in her style of music. I hope she'll do well, but I'm not convinced she will. She could easily disappear like so many others. She deserves good things, though.

Blake and Jordin are both excellent finalists. I like what they do, and I like them personally, too. I don't think Blake cares much about winning--he definitely has a career ahead of him. He's been my favorite all along.

And, by the way, it's not just teeny boppers who are voting for Blake. It's me and all my 40 year old cool friends. :angry:

Will be interesting to see how the final shakes out. I don't see it being a landslide for Jordin the way some seem to see it. I think she'll probably win, and AI is pretty shady so we'll never know for sure what the margin is/was, but I'm guessing it's close.

And ugh, 2 hours of fluff to sit through waiting for the 2 seconds we care about...

Nah, pretty sure Chris R cornered the market on teenybopper votes...

Poor Paula. This sounds like the sort of thing I'd do in a clumsy moment.

LOS ANGELES -
Paula Abdul broke her nose over the weekend after she fell while trying to avoid stepping on her Chihuahua, her publicist said Monday.

Abdul was recovering from the mishap and will appear on "American Idol" Tuesday and its season finale Wednesday, publicist David Brokaw said.

"She's a little sore, but is doing fine," he said.

Abdul told the syndicated entertainment TV show "Extra" she tore cartilage in her nose and fractured her toe.

"I took a nasty fall ... trying not to hurt my dog. I bruised myself on my arm ... my chest, my waist all the way down to my hip. All from my little chubby Tulip," Abdul said.

The dog was not hurt, Brokaw said.

20070522__IDOL22~1_Gallery.JPG

Blake's voice is pleasant, but not strong. He tends to overdo the beatboxing and does this annoying thing where he turns his head to the right and glances over his shoulder at the band. And he wears plaid pants.

Jordin excelled mostly with "older" songs and has a tendency to get "pitchy," as judge Randy Jackson says; clothes choices have been questionable - wore a prom dress one week.

deep said:
20070522__IDOL22~1_Gallery.JPG

Blake's voice is pleasant, but not strong. He tends to overdo the beatboxing and does this annoying thing where he turns his head to the right and glances over his shoulder at the band. And he wears plaid pants.

Jordin excelled mostly with "older" songs and has a tendency to get "pitchy," as judge Randy Jackson says; clothes choices have been questionable - wore a prom dress one week.

I'm voting for plaid pants. :up:

***********SPOILER ALERT*****************

Paula Abdul will appear on the show tonight with a broken nose, but by now, that’s hardly a spoiler. I wonder what kind of bandage she’ll be wearing? And according to some internet rumors, Blake Lewis is back to being blonde…

Song Choices (Winner Single, New Song, Reprise)

Jordin Sparks

A Broken Wing by Martina McBride
Fighter by Christina Aguilera
Winner single

Blake Lewis

She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5
You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi
Winner single

There will be one coronation song–the winning single of the Idol Songwriter’s contest, performed by both Blake and Jordin.

Chris Daughtry appears tonight to sing this year’s elimination song, “Home.”

:shifty:

I will be torn on what to watch...I missed Dancing with the stars last night cause of 24....so I wanted to watch that....but AI...I have invested SO much time!!! what to do what to do!!!:(

Daddysgonnapay said:
I will be torn on what to watch...I missed Dancing with the stars last night cause of 24....so I wanted to watch that....but AI...I have invested SO much time!!! what to do what to do!!!:(

I would tune into DWTS periodically. For the most part, it will probably be a bunch of recaps and dances.

Although, that goes for tomorrow night's AI too. You can probably catch a pretty thorough recap tomorrow if you don't watch tonight.

Either way, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just be tuned in for the last 15 minutes of DWTS for the final decision.

Yes, you need a DVR or something!!!

We used to be able to tape 2 things at once, as long as we were watching one of the channels. Then we got a new box cuz the old one finally died. The new one is crap I tell ya! :angry:

Both shows are on different times, aren't they? DWTS is on at 9:00pm PST, no? And AI is at 8:00PM PST? :scratch:

i don't have that...we just got satellite...and i have not even figured out how to record on my vcr the shows I used to record....so i am trying to watch everything...:huh:

Back
Top Bottom