Amazing Race 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:

I like the mother and daughter as well.
I like the daughter. (In more ways than one).
Not crazy about the mother.

Can they do a tribe switch like Survivor and have the daughter team up with the dentist's(who shall be heretofore known as seasick patch) wife, and the mother can tandem with Seasick patch, and they can then be eliminated.

"Is this the most James Bond thing you've ever done?"

"Yea, this is pretty James Bond"

The hippies during the helicopter excursion.

Even if you were on this show for just a single leg, imagine the stuff you'd get to see and do. It's too bad it isn't open to Canucks, I'd love to do something like this.

U2doggie said:
it's all about the hippies and the nerds, dude
Don't kid yourself, reality shows are about 2 things; hot babes and villains.
This show will center on the Danielle/Dani pink team and evil dentist Lake.

1. Daughter
2. Hippies
3. Nerds

And I have to say, the first team eliminated was the least competitive in the show's history.

OK...as someone who gets to work at 7AM, let me say that I'm not pleased with the show moving from 9PM to 10PM.

Anyway, so long "Glamazons".

Why did only one team go up fire escape #3 on that building. If some of these teams would take 30 seconds to think, they could have saved a half hour or more.

Some of the teams are pretty bad this season. It almost seemed like the Glamazons weren't even trying, and the old couple have now picked the worst possible detour for them both times.

My wife and I would wipe the floor with these people. :wink:

Glad the Glamazons are gone. Too shrieky and too much complaining. I couldn't pay too close attention since a buddy called and it was an important phone call. Regardless, it was a good episode. I'm excited to see Russia next week!! :hyper:

I thought this episode was kinda boring-I knew it was coming however after them only getting $23!! I love the hippies and the dorks and was sooooo impressed by the older woman last night. You go girl!!

People I don't like-the MoJo couple (I can't stand people that give themselves nicknames....well usless they are cool ones) and the young guys (someone needs to smack them upside the head-tell them they are TV, their comments are degrading and that the are not that hot!!)

I as well think Moscow will be interesting-can you imagine a bunch of crazy Americans and camera men running around in Red Square? Brilliant!

I'd love to see an Amazing Race All Stars! That would really be entertaining.

Last night did seem a bit slow and dull. I was glad the 2 women came in last, the one whiney lady was soo annoying. But Moscow next week should be interesting--for the sights as well as the race.

Actually, an All Stars seems to be in the works. At some sort of reality event (might have been an Amazing Race convention), Colin let slip that he had already been contacted for such a race. Over at an Amazing Race forum, I came up with the following list of who I think would participate in such a season.

Alright......obviously:

1) The more recent seasons will be favored due to more viewers.

2) With the exception of Charla/Mirna, anyone that didn't make it to fifth place or higher won't be remembered by the casual audience. True.

3) Uninteresting winners won't be cast.

4) They're obviously trying to make viewers forget about Family Edition, so.....

1. TAR 1: Rob/Brennan - The original winners, one of the most sucessful teams on a leg-to-leg basis, and the only time that the best team in the Final Three actually won the $.

2. TAR2: Tara/Wil- Always great television. I wouldn't be shocked if they skipped this season entirely in favor of more recent teams, however. Not that this season didn't have tons of memorable teams, but that it happened so long ago, and when hardly anyone was watching. If Tara/Wil don't want to do it, expect Blake/Paige or Danny/Oswald to take their place. The oh-so-boring Chris/Alex may have won, but this is All Stars, not a winner's edition.

3. TAR 3: Zach/Flo - The most memorable team from their season, the most entertaining team in history (with someone to like and someone to complain about), and they won. Easy pick.

4. TAR 4: Jon/Al - Chip/Reichen split up, so that's a nonissue. And while David/Jeff and Kelly/Jon are interesting and likeable teams, the clowns were slightly more memorable.

5. TAR 5: Charla/Mirna - Unfortunately.

6. TAR 5: Colin/Christie - Also, unfortunately.

7. TAR 5: Chip/Kim - The most likeable winners ever, and probably the most memorable.

8. TAR 6: Johnathan/Victoria - Why? Do they need more shoving in a season? I assume so.

9. TAR 6: Freddy/Kendra - Kendra's shenanigans are enough reason for the casting folks to bring these unfortunate winners back.

10. TAR 7: Meredith/Gretchen - Uchenna/Joyce aren't too interesting, they don't want to stunt cast by bringing back Romber.....Ron/Kelly have parted ways, Lynn/Alex aren't too well liked (and weren't great villains either). So yeah, these old fogeys would return.

11. Some TAR 9 Team

12. Ditto (I'd assume 12 teams and one less nonelimination leg)

BigMacPhisto said:

1. TAR 1: Rob/Brennan - The original winners, one of the most sucessful teams on a leg-to-leg basis, and the only time that the best team in the Final Three actually won the $.

2. TAR2: Tara/Wil- Always great television. I wouldn't be shocked if they skipped this season entirely in favor of more recent teams, however. Not that this season didn't have tons of memorable teams, but that it happened so long ago, and when hardly anyone was watching. If Tara/Wil don't want to do it, expect Blake/Paige or Danny/Oswald to take their place. The oh-so-boring Chris/Alex may have won, but this is All Stars, not a winner's edition.

3. TAR 3: Zach/Flo - The most memorable team from their season, the most entertaining team in history (with someone to like and someone to complain about), and they won. Easy pick.

4. TAR 4: Jon/Al - Chip/Reichen split up, so that's a nonissue. And while David/Jeff and Kelly/Jon are interesting and likeable teams, the clowns were slightly more memorable.

5. TAR 5: Charla/Mirna - Unfortunately.

6. TAR 5: Colin/Christie - Also, unfortunately.

7. TAR 5: Chip/Kim - The most likeable winners ever, and probably the most memorable.

8. TAR 6: Johnathan/Victoria - Why? Do they need more shoving in a season? I assume so.

9. TAR 6: Freddy/Kendra - Kendra's shenanigans are enough reason for the casting folks to bring these unfortunate winners back.

10. TAR 7: Meredith/Gretchen - Uchenna/Joyce aren't too interesting, they don't want to stunt cast by bringing back Romber.....Ron/Kelly have parted ways, Lynn/Alex aren't too well liked (and weren't great villains either). So yeah, these old fogeys would return.

11. Some TAR 9 Team

12. Ditto (I'd assume 12 teams and one less nonelimination leg)

:up: I like your choices, BMP! I'd have to go with many of those as well. TAR All Stars sounds awesome - I hope they do it in the future!!

Hewson said:
They should throw Rob and Ambah in there if they do all stars, just to piss off the competition.

Nah, it'll be Bobby Jon and Steph.

Who's going to go home tonight?

My guess is Fran & Barry. They've been in the back of the pack for the entire race, and they make poor decisions on detours.

Back
Top Bottom