(12-23-2002) U2 endure the Christmas Party (w/photos) - Showbiz Ireland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.showbizireland.com/

U2 endure the Christmas Party...

Just before ShowBiz Ireland signs off on turkey stuffing duty until the New Year, we have one last update to the Site to keep you going for the foreseeable: U2's Christmas Party...

u2xmas1.jpg

The Edge arrives at the U2 Xmas party

Yes even the biggest ShowBiz names have to endure the annual office party and U2 are no exception, but the floundering Irish economy meant the shrewd guys didn't go over the top.

u2xmas3.jpg

Adam Clayton arrives at the U2 Xmas party

U2's management company, Principle Management, had their Christmas bash last Friday night and keeping an eye on budget they held it in U2's own Hotel, The Clarence. Clever!

u2xmas4.jpg

Paul McGuinness arrives at the U2 Xmas party

All members of the band turned up except their illusive drummer Larry Mullen, even their manager Paul McGuinness showed up with a bag filled with presents. Wonder what he got Bono? Well, what do you buy for the man who has it all... Socks?

The U2 boys showed up separately for the merriment between 9 and 10pm. Bono's good friend Simon Carmody was uncharacteristicly concerned that our photographers were trying to get a photograph of the U2 frontman.

u2xmas2.jpg

Heads Down: Bono arrives at the U2 Xmas party

Perhaps Bono was a bit worse for wear after meeting with friends about the city earlier in the evening? Our spies spotted Bono outside Grogan's Pub seeing off some close friends with Christmas cheer...

Larry is still my favorite but still, I dont think its cuz he's "shy".

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Around his own bandmates?

Meh. Maybe Ann had him clean out the gutters that night and that's why he couldn't go.

Around his own bandmates???? Perhaps not.....maybe something just came up. It's a bit strange.

just an idea, and idea I say!

maybe Larry did go, but went in a back entrance or something to avoid the press; therefore, the press thinks he just didn't show up.

Back
Top Bottom