(11-19-2003) Bono in Canada, TV, Online Tonight -- U2.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.u2.com/images/news_191103_bono.gif[/SIMG]
Bono in Canada, TV, Online Tonight

Twenty five minute interview with Bono airs on on Canadian TV and radio tonight. Clip now streaming.

Bono was talking to George Stroumboulopoulos of MuchMusic - in the car on the way to the airport - after addressing the Liberal Party Convention in Toronto last weekend.

He explains why he felt it was important to speak, how Canada can lead the international community in addressing the AIDS pandemic in Africa and discusses the uses and abuses of celebrity in modern politics.

The TV interview airs in Canada tonight, Wednesday, at 6 and 9 p.m. EST.

It will be simulcast online at Toronto's CHUM FM
www.chumfm.com

Check the clip here
www.muchmusic.com

"As I grew up, in my teenage years, I just despised (politicians)," Bono explains. "A lot of them were corrupt in Dublin and Ireland and a lot of the beauty of the city I grew up in, Dublin, had the eyes gouged out of it by corrupt politicians and builders. So, I didn't have a very high opinion of politicians growing up," he says.

"But, right now, I have more faith in them than I ever could have imagined simply because they're not. A lot of the smart ones could be making a fortune if they had gone into the commercial world. Politicians are like cops and priests, they become a politician for the worst or best reasons."

More here
www.muchmusic.com

-- U2.com

Back
Top Bottom