(03-27-2003) J.Lo Sings With Bono? - LAUNCH *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laugh:

I just had this thought of Craig David fronting Radiohead for some reason.

Ok, on topic, on topic..

:laugh:

It's going to happen. It'll sell millions. And it would sound like rubbish, because simply put, Bono and J. Lo's voices do not complement each other.

honestly...i'm very very disappointed in bono, if this is true.

i even hold "what's going on" at arm's length because of who's in it...and that's a charity single...if this is just because...i am not pleased.

im incensed. i dont know why, but it feels like this is the biggest slap in the face bono could possibly make.

if he does indeed do this, im writing him off. absolutely brutal.

as long as they don't put it on the new U2 album I don't care

don't think the result of this one will be pretty though

typhoon said:
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

words of an intelligent person. or word, i should say...

this better be a joke. it wouldn't make sense for him to run off and record something with j-ho whilst being in the middle of his own band's new record, now would he? sadly, this IS bono we're talking about here...and he does tend to run off and do duets with people when the band is working on a new album...

They're doing what?!?

:lol: It's so unreal I don't believe it.

I liked What's goin on - not that I liked all the musicians on it - but I liked the idea that people from so many genres are working together.

GOD NO. No no no. If this is true, I'm not labeling myself a U2fan anymore. Of course I will like their older stuff, but I will not buy any of their future stuff. It may sound childish, but I would feel incredibly insulted. Now we don't know if it's true, but somehow I don't see this as an impossibility. Bono has lost a lot of my respect for a lot of things he's done the latest years, so I wouldn't be frozen with chock.

Re: Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

EveClayton said:
Bono and J Lo........????????singing together????????:no: :no: :no: i cant believe it .......someone pinch me and tell me this is a dream.........a bad dream.........first of all i'm NOT a jlo fan and if Bono does sing with her........imagine......a beautiful gifted voice mixed in with a.........god i cant even find the word............:no: :no: :sad: :madspit: :no:

. . . . .What if you like the final result?!?...
silent.gif

Well, well, well! Wot do we have here?

A J.(too f**king)lo duetting with Bono, huh?

I dont believe it and I quite agree with Saracene, its not officially confirmed by U2 themselves or by their management so Id bet the bottom dollar that its not happening!

*gets down on his knees and prays that its all a joke*

Yo, J.lo! :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

enough said!

dougal

Despite my more positive post early on about this, I do hope it is a joke after all-I never thought about this possibly being an April Fools' Day joke, if that's all it is, then that's a good one.

Besides, if it were true and this song was released, I can just imagine what my parents' reactions are gonna be when they hear it, considering how sick they are of J-Lo: :eyebrow:.

Angela

J.Lo is one of the worst things in the music industry. With every new album she makes she?s getting me more angry. I think she?s very bad company for Bono and our man needs some good kicks from his mates...

HelloAngel said:
http://news.yahoo.com/

J.Lo Records Duet With U2's Bono, Craig David May Be Next

Jennifer Lopez revealed during a recent Internet chat on her official website that she has recorded a duet with U2 frontman Bono.

"I did a song with Bono and haven't released it yet," Lopez said. "We were waiting for the right timing to release it, and haven't released it yet, so it would be great if that saw the light of day one day." There's no official word on whether the duet with Bono will be released.

Lopez also said during the chat session that she is interested in recording with Craig David. "I have always thought about doing a duet with Craig David," Lopez explained.

It appears that there's a very good chance the duet will happen, according to David. The British R&B sensation said he would love to do a duet with Lopez if they find the proper song.

"Jennifer Lopez has wanted to work with me for a long, long time now, and I'd like to do something with her, but I think it's just a case of doing it for the right reasons and having a song that kind of suits both people who are going to be singing it," David said. "So, yeah, all in good time."

David joked that if he does eventually record a song with J.Lo, it would most likely be a steamy love song, and it would probably be best if Lopez's fiance stayed out of the studio during the recording process.

"Especially if Ben Affleck is not in the room, we'll be fine," David said. "We'll just make it so it's really on--so it's just the way it should be."

Meanwhile, Lopez is already riding high on the chart with her duet with rapper LL Cool J. "All I Have" is now Number Three on the Billboard Hot 100.

-- Jason Gelman, New York

I AM HOLDING OUT HOPE THAT THIS IS AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE. IF NOT, IT WILL SIMPLY BE A PLAIN JOKE. FOR BONO TO STOOP TO THIS WOULD KILL MUCH OF HIS CREDIBILITY THAT HE HAS SPENT SO LONG TO BUILD.........

Don't panic, it hasn't happened.......how many people want to work with Bono? Probably half the singers out there. One of them mouthed off.

Saracene said:
Um... why treat this as some sort of a fact before anything is confirmed officially?

I think JLo confirming it and discussing it on her official website is pretty much official information.. But we'll see what U2's PR people do. :sigh: Ugh. I really hope this is just a funny story meant to shock people.

i was just talking about this with a friend of mine, and he wasnt all that surprised.

the fall of the "empire" has been evident for a while, and this is just another example of that. ever since they turned their back on their work in 1998, and released the sweetest thing, their credibility has been questionable at best.

if this is true, i will bash bono for a long time.

U2FReAk said:
GOD NO. No no no. If this is true, I'm not labeling myself a U2fan anymore. Of course I will like their older stuff, but I will not buy any of their future stuff. It may sound childish, but I would feel incredibly insulted. Now we don't know if it's true, but somehow I don't see this as an impossibility. Bono has lost a lot of my respect for a lot of things he's done the latest years, so I wouldn't be frozen with chock.

What are some of the things that Bono has done during the "latest years" that has encouraged you to lose respect for him? Just curious......

Gickies Gageeze said:
i was just talking about this with a friend of mine, and he wasnt all that surprised.

the fall of the "empire" has been evident for a while, and this is just another example of that. ever since they turned their back on their work in 1998, and released the sweetest thing, their credibility has been questionable at best.

if this is true, i will bash bono for a long time.

"FALL OF THE EMPIRE?" EXCUSE ME, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? THE EMPIRE WAS FIRMLY SECURED DURING THE LATEST TOUR AND YEARS THAT HAVE FOLLOWED. WHAT HAS THE RELEASE OF "THE SWEETEST THING" (A GOOD SONG, IMA) HAVE TO DO WITH THIS?

it has to do with u2 kissing the ass of general public everywhere, as they desperately hold on to being relevant.

relevance comes naturally, NOT by repeating oneself over and over again by proclaiming that your "the best band in the world."

bono's side work with wyclef and with all those loser artists for whats going on, isn't brilliant in my books.

selling out to best buy and target last year is another example of how u2's credibility has sunk to new lows for the band. everything they do is rediculously calculated towards the bottom line - they are not a rock band to me anymore, they are a corporation.

and now this, this is the final straw. working with j.lo? i thought he wanted to kick pop off the charts?

thanks bono and u2, for a couple of years you meant so much to me. now it appears as though the monster DID eat you before you ate the monster.

I want to see this on at least one more report from another news agency before I believe this. It's too easy for the show biz press to spout off about stuff like this. There was talk about Bono doing a duet with Cher, Whitney Houston, and a whole slew of other singers that turned out not to be true (no offense to any of those singers).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom