(02-15-2003) Bono: A Conversation in New York - New York Times

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
http://www.nytimes.com/

Bono: A Conversation in New York

Mark your calendars folks - and grab a train or plane to New York City for the weekend of March 7th-9th to attend the 2nd Annual Arts & Leisure weekend hosted by The New York Times!

Bono is participating in "A Conversation" on Sunday March 9th at the Graduate Center, CUNY.

For more information on the location, visit:
http://web.gc.cuny.edu/cepp/

Event:
6:00-7:15 p.m.
Bono
"Bono: A Conversation"
U2's lead singer on politics and music.
Interviewed by John Darnton and Jon Pareles
Code: 3J

General Information

TimesTalks speakers subject to change.

Dates
Friday evening March 7; and all day Saturday, March, and Sunday, March 9

Tickets
$25 ($20 for TimesCard? members); first-come, first-served; no refunds; $3 per ticket credit card handing fee.

Order now
Go to TimesTalks Ordering Center (http://drc.ppsb.com/drc/member.asp?magid=66) or call 1-888-NYT-1870.

Graduate Center, Fifth Avenue and 34th Street
Click here for more information about the Graduate Center

For more information and TimesTalks e-mail updates,
visit nytimes.com/alweekend and tune in to 96.3 WQXR in the New York region.

If you will be in the area for the entire weekend - don't miss out on all of the great lectures the NYT and the Graduate Center have lined up for you! For more information, visit:
http://www.nytimes.com/marketing/alweekend/timestalks.html#info

If you will be in NYC for the Bono lecture, please email carrie@interference.com. Thank you! :wave:

Last edited:
hey i downloaded off Kazzaa two songs Bono did with the Corrs last year "Summer Wine" and "Stars go Blue:, wow it sounds really good, i recommend who hasnt seen it to check it out.
That lead singer of The Corrs Andrea Corr is really good looking. Thats my opinion ,
Man if only i was a regular at her Pub in Ireland lol

oh, you new yorkers are LUCKY!! please get all the info, stories and general craziness you can, so us poor sorts on the West Coast can revel in the missed chances to see, talk to and get signed napkins from Bono...and any other famous peeps lurking there, in the cement canyons and busy hotel elevator shafts! we can't wait to hear about the real great times you are sure to have! Love you there in the Big Apple, just don't crush the man, or take off his shirt, ha ha, (stopping now before this enters the realm of hero worshippers in PLEBA ;)) be good, now, and DON"T TAKE A PLETHORA OF PICTURES! he doesn't like the over-exposure :) Thank you, and watch the videos...ha! gotcha, there, what, the Fudge...he he.

not yet edited for?

The damn tickets are sold out! I was on the site all ready to order & all I needed was a credit card #. I asked my mom for credit card(she said it was ok), but she wanted to check the site to seei fthere were service charges. While she was piddling around, she messed up the order. WhenI finally clikcked "purchase" it said"due to the quantity of you rshopping cart, this product is no longer available." I tried with only 1 ticket- no luck.

Maybe they're not sold out. When I try to order, it says:
We are unable to process your request. Item #__ A Conversation With Bono is no longer available.
Please correct your error

Maybe I just am messing up

U2girl91289 said:
We are unable to process your request. Item #__ A Conversation With Bono is no longer available.

I hope so. I can imagine something like that selling out fast.

I tried again and it did the same thing. Maybe they're sold out, and just haven't changed it on the site. I tried calling the number, but my telephone line is messed up b/c of all the snow,and it says that I can't call the number from where I am. Who knows. I guess I'm not supposed to go. Have fun everybody who's going & tell me all about it.

U2girl91289 said:

That's what happened to me when I tried it online. So I called and it fortunately, it worked.

Ahhhhh NO credit card... too underaged to get one... have fun the lucky ones who are going! I wish I could go and catch a glimpse of Bono.
:: Will do anything for an autograph :: lol... or maybe a home visit would be better. I do live nearby but then again... would he really want to come to my gangster neighborhood? Probably not.
Stopping the rambling now ((Sorry!))-- get lots of pictures!

God-I really wish I could go!! Wow! That would be amazing to attend! Have a good time for all of us, dizzy! And please-report back!! Got to know!! lol:>) Did anyone, i know, should be in another forum, did anyone talk to Bono and Edge outside Today? I saw that "Pitts loves U2"! Cool!

Wait... :: Confused :: so what's the new date? Even though I can't get a ticket, I would still want to maybe catch him before the show... does anyone have the updated information?
:: Wants to see :bono: SO badly ::

dOES ANYONE HAVE TICKETS they cant use for the new date??? Please contact me, I'll pay above face value!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom