(01-14-2004) Exclusive: Don't Believe the U2 Album Hype! -- Interference.com *

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's a reason I'm upset over the album delay, because U2 make the best albums. The music just gets better and better, it's the release schedule that sucks.

QUOTE]There's a reason I'm upset over the album delay, because U2 make the best albums. The music just gets better and better, it's the release schedule that sucks.[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you need to get a grip. Sure it sucks the album won't be out soon, sure U2 takes way too long to create albums, but honestly - calm down.

Someone said it before me - but U2 doesn't OWE us a new album at all. They can release one if and when they're ready. For so-called fans, sure seems like a lot of awfully demanding and ungrateful folks on here today.

Of course, I'd like to see a new album too - but pretty sure life will go on somehow.

I'm not convinced that this means anything....seriously. I think it just another ploy and maybe Regine lashed out due to all the annoying emails and inquiries into the album. My gut tells me the album is not 9 to 10 months away, that it is much closer than we all realize.

from rolling stone magazine:

"The National Football League has turned down an offer by Bono to perform during its Super Bowl halftime show, ... The NFL does still plan to participate in Bono's spring visit to Africa."

Would Bono being going to Africa in the spring if the band was releasing an album at that time and perparing for a subsquent tour?

Less world saving and more rock please.

Dalton said:
QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you need to get a grip. Sure it sucks the album won't be out soon, sure U2 takes way too long to create albums, but honestly - calm down.

I frankly wonder about all you rational, calm responders who seem to have no passion for the band. Get pissed off. Say "Oh Farts." Part of being a fan of a band is looking forward to their albums. This ho-hum attitude is very grandma. Why is everyon so PC nowadays, and afraid to show any emotion?

Last edited:
u2grace said:
Someone said it before me - but U2 doesn't OWE us a new album at all. They can release one if and when they're ready. For so-called fans, sure seems like a lot of awfully demanding and ungrateful folks on here today.

Of course, I'd like to see a new album too - but pretty sure life will go on somehow.

THANK YOU!!! I can't believe the attitude of some of the people on here at this moment!
Think about it. U2 released ATYCLB in Oct. 2000, went on tour until the end of 2001. Somewhere in the next year or so after that the band took some time off for themselves, and deservedly so. Bono has been working on his humanitarian efforts as well. Is 4 years REALLY that long of a time, considering all of that? I can wait. I've been a fan for over 20 years and waiting for a new album from this band for a little longer certainly isn't going to destroy my love for this band. Be patient, it'll be well worth the wait.

Oh, and though I'm working very hard at being patient, I am LOVING every rumor that comes around, hoping it's true (or not, as in this case). I figure that the more rumors that abound, the closer the album is to actual release. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :p

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
I get it. You don't get it. 1 crap album and they're done, Bono's words. U2's definition of a crap album is a poor selling album.

I distinctly remember hearing Bono say in that whole "One crap album and we're all out of here" bit that a crap album to them was not measured in sales, or even relevance. He said that if the musical magic between the four guys wasn't there anymore, that they would quit, because without that magic, there'd be no more great albums being made.

Originally posted by MrBrau1
They've set themselves up for failure. Maybe some of you like waiting, how about the LP come out in August 2006? You still all smiles and flowers?

No. I'd be wondering what's going on, because that would be well over the amount of time that U2 has taken to make albums on average, so it'd make me curious.

But as of now, they haven't gone that far over the average amount of time it takes for them to make an album, so I'm not going to worry about it.

And furthermore, while I'd be bummed if in 2006 we still didn't see this album, I wouldn't automatically decide to stop being a fan of the band because of it. I don't know the reasons for why it's taking so long, so who in the world am I to be attacking them for taking so long and deciding to stop liking them when I don't even know why the album is taking so long to make?

I just think people automatically deciding that U2's lost it and deciding to not be a fan anymore because they may have to wait a little longer for an album is a bit rash and silly. But that's just me. If you guys want to act that way, go right ahead. :shrug:.

Either the album comes out now when the band's not fully satisfied with the results, and some fans aren't either (like was the case with Pop for some people), and U2 gets more negative comments and the album doesn't do very well, or the album comes out later, and it's excellent, and the band is fully happy with the results, and we like it, too, even if we had to wait a little while longer.

Which do you guys want?

Angela

to the people here saying: "shut up", "get a grip", "you're not a real fan", etc.....

you do know the anger is a direct result of overwhelming passion for the band, right?

I give them $, they give me records. I want a record. I can't believe the people here who hear this news and have no reaction "oh, well, we're grateful for the Joshua Tree"! Were you not excited March is only 7 weeks away? Are you not disappointed you have to wait 9-10 MORE MONTHS? Are you all on Prozac?

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
I give them $, they give me records. I want a record. I can't believe the people here who hear this news and have no reaction "oh, well, we're grateful for the Joshua Tree"!

It's not that we don't have any reaction. We're bummed, too. If it does come out later this year, yeah, it will suck waiting a little while longer. But we're willing to wait. We want U2 to be perfectly happy with everything on that record (everyone keeps skipping over the whole Pop example, why is that?).

That, and the fact that, like some have said, just because a publicist said that it was coming out later this year doesn't necessarily mean it is-they might've done it just to try and shut us up (although it obviously didn't work), or they might've heard wrong when talking to the band about something regarding this album, or whatever. Nobody knows where the whole winter thing came from.

There've been so many reports saying spring/summer, and the band themselves had said things regarding that-someone said that the most recent talk of a spring/summer release was only a couple of weeks ago...now what could possibly have happened between then and now that would make the release date later this year?

We've heard so many reports within the last month or so. We're not willing to fly off the handle just yet-we want to make sure of which reports are certain first before we go crazy.

Were you not excited March is only 7 weeks away?

Yes.

Are you not disappointed you have to wait 9-10 MORE MONTHS?

Yeah, it's a bummer (if, that is, it's absolutely, positively true, which some people aren't fully sure it is).

Are you all on Prozac?

Uh...no...

Angela

U2skank said:
this sucks!!!:mad: :madspit: :sad: i wonder what is taking them so long?

I was really excited. I've bought RH, AB, Zooropa, Pop, and ATYCLB at midnight sales after years of waiting for each album. This one will wind up being the longest wait.

Oh, and I LOVE your name!

Lined up for POP, Virgin Mega Store, Costa Mesa, CA .... I was workin' the line... promoting Interference.com ;) What memories... and you know what... I'll do it all again,.. smile from ear to ear... March, April, or next winter.

we should all set our expectations real LOW..like release and tour will be in 2007.........now back to bass trap

next winter????!!WTF? something must have gone wrong to make such a delay. As long as we EVENTUALLY get another album, it's ok. Hopefully, this delay will mean that it is amazing. It better be

Its been 3 years, 2 months and 2 weeks, since the release of ATYCLB. The length of time in between ZOOROPA and POP was 3 years and 8 months. From POP to ATYCLB was 3 years and 8 months. The longest it has taken for U2 to put out a new album after the release of the previous one is 3 years and 8 months.

Yes it will be a shock if this album is not released until December 2004. The band actually had plans to put out the follow up to ATYCLB as early as the Spring of 2002.(that was back in September 2000).

In addition, we have had statements from the band that Spring/Easter would be the release date for about a year now and that the tour would come in the Summer/Fall of 2004.

My bet is still that they put out the album prior to July 2004 this year. I don't think they want to take longer than they have ever taken before in their history.

Is there anyone in Dublin that would not mind checking out Hannover Q or U2's offices in Dublin for some type of word. I think someone there should be able to concretely confirm whether or not an album is coming out this Spring or not.

I don't think U2 is going to release an album in the Summer, so if there is no Spring release, Regina is probably right that its going to be Winter 2004/2005.

Perhaps U2 is going to use the HALL OF FAME induction in March 2005 to kick off the album or tour.

Is anyone going to be in Atlanta this weekend? If so, try to ask Bono when the album is coming out and the NAME of the thing!! LOL
MAYBE he'll give you an accurate response.

i don't understand why everybody is making a big deal over what ONE person said. If the album wasn't already done, the band wouldn't have needed to retake their pictures. My bet is that it is done and almost ready, Regina just wants all of the weight off her shoulders. Lets see if the REAL PR has some news in the coming days.

Back
Top Bottom