your names and nicknames!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My name's Shelley...

My freshman year roomie called me "Smelly Cat" (reference to Friends and the Character Phoebe- who I'm a lot like sometimes, not to my personal hygene).

A lot of people have also called me Belle, which I liked. But I moved, and no one does that anymore.

My real name is Jessica. Jessie and Jess are the two most common things people call me.

I can't believe I am revealing this, but I have been called Jecca (rhymes with Becca); Kothy (a bastardized version of my last name); Binky; Movie Queen.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Originally posted by opaltranquility:
i'm sara. the most boring name on the planet. however it's spelled without an H which makes me special haha...

Here?s another Sara, without an H as well. Boring? I think it's ok.
smile.gif
But the h-thing kind of makes me not want to ask the guys for a personlized autograph because it would probably end up with an h and that would destroy everything.
frown.gif

Oh, well, am I the only one that never ever have had a nickname? It feels like I have no friends or ever have done anything to give me a nickname. THAT feels boring!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

Originally posted by opaltranquility:
i'm sara. the most boring name on the planet. however it's spelled without an H which makes me special haha...ive never really had a nick name, except Sar, which i hate. my friends are too lazy to ever say the 2nd syllable
tongue.gif

Well, I'm named Sara too, though I don't think it's the most boring name ever. But, yeah, forget that 'H'!! Sara's with no H rule!

------------------
just as I am I awoke with a tear on my tongue

My name is Alice; nicknames are Ally, Al (blech, i hate that one!), Aleece (said w/ a French accent- don't ask), Lis, Lissy. Oh, and my mom calls me Tootsie Roll.
wink.gif

Originally posted by ultraviolet299:
Marina, are u greek too? who else have u met thats greek?

Well my grandpa and grandmother on my father's side were both born there, and my dad and all his sisters and brothers speak Greek, though they were born in Brazil. I however was also born in Brazil but I don't speak Greek, though I might take a class next semester, but that's as far as it goes. Although after my grandfather only me and one of my uncles have ever been to Greece, so I guess that counts for something, lol.

Well I just found out 2 or 3 days ago a guy that posts on the U2LA group is Greek, and I also foung a Greek fansite. So I thought it was funny.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Well, my name is Iris. I have a ton of nicknames, but I will do you all a favor and not list them. Wildflower, 'flower, eye of the tiger, and 'tiger were some of my favorite nicknames given to me by some crazy rugby guys.
wink.gif

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:
Well, my name is Iris. I have a ton of nicknames, but I will do you all a favor and not list them. Wildflower, 'flower, eye of the tiger, and 'tiger were some of my favorite nicknames given to me by some crazy rugby guys.
wink.gif

Rugby..... lol.... I don't think that you were here when that joke started....

You have rugby in GA? That's cool.... we don't have rugby up her in MA, but I do know some crazy field hockey guys who have to wear skirts during the games......

------------------
~ Katie ~
Freedom looks like too many choices....

"A conga, my very own conga!" ~ Larry

Email me!
roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Hi all!
Good to know so many names of the PLEBA girls!
I'm Marisa, and friends and fam call me
Marise or Mari!
Nice to meet ya all with formal names!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by wildhoney22:
Rugby..... lol.... I don't think that you were here when that joke started....

You have rugby in GA? That's cool.... we don't have rugby up her in MA, but I do know some crazy field hockey guys who have to wear skirts during the games......

LOL...no, I was not here when the whole rugby story started
biggrin.gif
...however, I saw some jokes about it...yes, we have rugby in GA...the rugby guys I hung out with and dated were quite insane...I had the pleasure and sometime unlucky pleasure of seeing the rugby team naked...but they sure as hell knew how to throw a party...
smile.gif

My name is Alejandra, and my friends -they are very creative
rolleyes.gif
- call me Ale. My family has called me Jana since i was a little girl.

LOL...no, I was not here when the whole rugby story started
biggrin.gif
...however, I saw some jokes about it...yes, we have rugby in GA...the rugby guys I hung out with and dated were quite insane...I had the pleasure and sometime unlucky pleasure of seeing the rugby team naked...but they sure as hell knew how to throw a party...
smile.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEKKID RUGBY!
332684%3A%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D3%3A5%3D7%3B8%3DXROQDF%3E2323278973883ot1lsi
NEKKID RUGBY!

~Phona~
"I feel like trash...I AM trash! RECYCLE ME, BABY!"

Originally posted by WildHonee:

...I had the pleasure and sometime unlucky pleasure of seeing the rugby team naked...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEKKID RUGBY!
332684%3A%3B23232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D3%3A5%3D7%3B8%3DXROQDF%3E2323278973883ot1lsi
NEKKID RUGBY!

~Phona~
"I feel like trash...I AM trash! RECYCLE ME, BABY!"
[/QUOT

now, this would have been a welcome pleasure to see naked at a Rugby party! Damn, you could bounce that Rugby ball off of Bono's ass!

Originally posted by Hawkmoon269:
My name is Alejandra, and my friends -they are very creative
rolleyes.gif
- call me Ale. My family has called me Jana since i was a little girl.

Hola, Alejandra!
Mi novio se llama Alejandro, y su familia le dice Jano de cari?o. A mi no me gusta para nada ese diminutivo, prefiero Al o Alex.

Pongo esto porque nunca hab?a o?do que llamaran a alguien Jano o Jana aparte de mi novio. Ahora s? qu? no es el ?nico.
Saludos desde Tijuana!
An Cat Dubh

------------------
*~"Bono's Pupeteer"~*

Another Kathleen here!

Most people call me Kath - or K

Friends from high school still call me Okee though!

------------------
"Edge, it's you she wants...it's you!...I know him! He's in my band!" Bono - Zoo Boston, 1992
- Kathleen -

Originally posted by Ana:

Hola, Alejandra!
Mi novio se llama Alejandro, y su familia le dice Jano de cari?o. A mi no me gusta para nada ese diminutivo, prefiero Al o Alex.

Pongo esto porque nunca hab?a o?do que llamaran a alguien Jano o Jana aparte de mi novio. Ahora s? qu? no es el ?nico.
Saludos desde Tijuana!
An Cat Dubh

Yo no sabia que a los Alejandros/as se les decia Janos/as ...
tongue.gif

Deberiamos hacer un club de puros mexicanas de PLEBA..
tongue.gif

------------------
Winter Halcyon
U2 in ELEVATION

U2 pictures album
http://community.webshots.com/user/winter_halcyon

LOL, my mother called me "Kay Kay" when I was little.......
rolleyes.gif

Most of my friends call me Kathy.

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
Another Kathleen here!

Most people call me Kath - or K

Friends from high school still call me Okee though!

Back
Top Bottom