Woo hoo!! I may have converted my sister!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
OMG, I'm SO excited! I may have turned my sister into a possible U2 fan!
biggrin.gif

Was talking to her tonight on the phone, and the conversation turned to Vegas and U2 (of course, I steer it in the direction of U2 whenever possible). She asked me if I had seen the telethon that U2 had been on (well OF COURSE!):

Her: WHAT were those songs they sang?? OMIGOSH!!
Me: The first was a bit of 'Peace on Earth' and then it was 'Walk On.'
Her: What was the song that talked about 'packing our bags for a place that no one's ever been...'
Me: Yeah, that's Walk On, it's a GREAT song, in fact the whole ALBUM is fantastic! [the bait...and the hook]
Her: That song...I cried like a baby through that whole song when they were singing it! I didn't care much for any of the other artists, but THAT ONE...it was so meaningful, those words....
Me: You HAVE TO get that CD....the last four songs have so much more meaning now after September 11, you HAVE to get it!!!
Her: What's it called, the CD? *writes it down* [ah, reeling her in]
Me: All That You Can't Leave Behind...I *highly* recommend you get get a copy, it took me a while to warm up to it, but now I absolutely LOVE IT!
Her: Okay! I'm gonna go get it this week!! [SCORE!!!]

smile.gif
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

WOO HOO, SIS!!!
biggrin.gif

Disco...proud big sister

disco! good job! *applaude*

how many years apart are you two? *giggle* "you two" *giggles more*

------------------
~MoonPhisto*

"I'm just trying to find a decent melody
A song that I can sing in my own company"

Way to go Disco! One at a time! I am taking my friend Felicia to the U2 concert on Friday, she never even heard of U2 before she met me, she only knows their new stuff, that plays on MTV, but she likes those, and since I couldn't find anyone else to go she is going with me. Hopefully we will have another fan after Friday! We should contact U2 about getting a cut of the profits!!!
smile.gif

Fishy <><

------------------
Fishy
The Bedazzled Merch-Maid and Fashion Chair of Orgasmatron
and
The Original Hot Potato of LAYS

You put on the leather pants and the pants start telling you what to do. -Bono

I envy you!

My sis (16 years) still hasn't been hooked by them. I've tried to make her LISTEN, but she just ignores me. Buaaa (Maybe she doesn't get it because she doesn't speak english as well as me, LOL)

But I've taken a HUGE step, because she started to borrow my ATYCLB CD, and one day she played like over 5 times the song "In a little While" I was so thrilled to see her enjoy my babies!!!

Hope to convert her, because all that B. Spears and Limp Biskit crap could damage her brains...
biggrin.gif

------------------
I've got no hope in this world...
Just you...
and you are not mine...
Stateless

Winter, GREAT shirt design!
wink.gif

and Ana, love your sig line - that is my NEW favorite song, Stateless, LOVE that one!!!
biggrin.gif

(my sister is 2 yrs. 5 mos. younger than me)

disco
p.s. HOW does one change their signature line anyway??? I can't ever do it

Originally posted by Discoteque:

that is my NEW favorite song, Stateless, LOVE that one!!!
biggrin.gif

disco
p.s. HOW does one change their signature line anyway??? I can't ever do it

Oh yes Disco, I know what you mean:
Great song, I also love Never Let Me Go
They are divine, I feel soooo *Tries to find the perfect word, but can't* happy!
smile.gif

About the sig, go to your profile. There you can edit your main info...
Hope this helps...
Good Luck
wink.gif

------------------
Just you...
and you are not mine...
Stateless

Could you convert my sis? It's a pretty tough case.... she listen to that God-awful N Sync & Christina Aguilera...... but she at least knows some U2 songs, which is a start.....

But I've got a worse story...... my friend Adam is in his early-twenties, so he's been around for about the same time U2 has, but he's never even heard of them! I don't mean to be rude to anyone like this, but is it humanly possible to have never heard of U2?

If you're you're young I can understand.... but m little brother is 5 years old and he's heard of them! He loves "Elevation", and I know these two sweet kids who are 3 and 5 years old, and you should hear them sing "Wild Honey"..... it's the most adorable thing........

------------------
"Coming to a rock n' roll show and watching television, what more could you ask for?" ~ Larry
"Surely, there must be more to it than that" ~ Kurt Loder
"Don't call me Shirley." ~ Larry

"Well, the the seats are behind the stage...." ~ My dad
"So? I get to stare at Larry's ass for 2 hours!" ~ My mom

I converted my brother, kicking and screaming, but I got him!!!!

He's living in Brazil and is 13 he came to visit right as tour announcements came and I was going crazy cause they were opening in Miami, wow I just realized I'm gonna be going to the first and last show of the tour woo hoo!!!! But I digress, so back to my conversion story. So like I used to have a huge queen bed and so that's where he slept, so surely every night I would put on ATYCLB.

He would always make fun of me so I asked what he listens to know, hoping to find common ground. Oh how disappointed I was to hear Britney Spears and N'Sync my hear sank to depths completely unknown to man. So throughout the month that he was with me I made it a point to make fun of Britney whenever she came on the radio by singing the song in a really annoying voice, I already have a horrible voice imagine when I make it even worst on purpose. Come to think of it I almost sounded as bad as Britney
wink.gif
But of course I would blast it whenever U2 came on.

He would never admit it, but then 4 months later I went to visit him, granp's, and my mom and lo and behold about a week later I find a copy of ATYCLB lying around in the living room, not mine btw. I was nearly in tears. He later told me he bought it right after he got back.

Now I feel horrible cause while I'll be going to 4 shows this leg he won't be able to catch the band at all. And trust me I called my mom and made her call the school to see if he could leave any earlier (he's already leaving early cause they're moving back to Miami) so he's coming 11/20 one day too late
frown.gif
So now I have to get an autograph or anything for him cause I feel so guilty.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

My older brother, he was a U2 fan...I remember him wearing an Acthung Baby shirt growing up, and I remember us loving "Numb"...but then, he didn't like them anymore cause I liked them even more. Sometimes I bribe him to let us listen to U2, but he has to pick the cd, and it's always either Zooropa or the best of album. BUT I am making a come back with getting him back into them, cause he asked me to make him a cd of songs that I had on my computer, and two of them were U2 songs...so! hehe! My nephew on the other hand, he is 4, and I think he likes them. Occasionally, I would be singing "Elevation" and one day out of no where, he busted in singing "Elevation" PERFECTALLY! I was shocked. My mother looked at me and laughed! Start them young!

------------------
Dana

"AHH...this is civics in action!"
--Mr. Campbell and me at a U2 concert, 6/21/01

"I simulate love making by beating a piece of wood with a metal wire on which it vibrates."
-Adam, when asked, 'If a martian landed and was introduced to you and asked what you do, what would you say?'

Um...nope, I can't. I tried that, it will not allow me to change anything in my profile...it drives me nuts. Should I email the great Elvis??? Or would Sicy be able to help me???

Disco

Originally posted by Ana:
About the sig, go to your profile. There you can edit your main info...
Hope this helps...

Um...nope, I can't. I tried that, it will not allow me to change anything in my profile...it drives me nuts. Should I email the great Elvis??? Or would Sicy be able to help me???

Disco

Well, maybe you can try to contact Sicy
Hope everything works fine!
smile.gif

------------------
Just you...
and you are not mine...
Stateless

ARGH!!! does it take a while to kick in???

I changed it...but it didn't "go"...oh well.

OKAY!

Being the bright, intelligent, smart Pleba that I am....I finally figured it out, GEEZ what a eejit I am!
biggrin.gif
So...here we go, hope this actually works!

When I was 16, my brother was 12,,,,and it was easy to convert him, because when I listened to U2, he liked them music a lot, and he has come with to the 2 last concerts of U2 in Barcelona....
now, he is 20, he likes some groups wich I don?t like, but we maintain in common ...U2!!!

Back
Top Bottom