Why I won't take back my Doc Martens...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
I was going to tell this story at the CLAN meeting, but that isn't the correct place...My new Doc Martens are falling apart, and the people at Nordstrom told me I could bring them back, no problem.
But I won't because they went with me to Vegas and they saw U2 in concert. I'm quite proud of the fact that both pairs of my Doc Martens have seen U2. That's why I won't take them back. My sister says I have a problem, I think it's normal.

Maybe I should define falling apart...if they literally were falling apart-I'd take them back.
I don't like how the extremely cheap insoles are falling apart after 3 months. If you hadn't noticed, now the majority of Doc Martens are made without the leather insole we all know and love.
These sucky shoes have the material lined insides and insole, unlike the all-leather Docs I had before.
To give them credit...they are instantly comfortable, no breaking in required at all. But I don't see these shoes lasting for years and years.

If I was you, I'd keep them too.... they're a memory of a kick ass night, in my opinion. Of all the times you've worn them, you're only gonna remember that you wore them to see U2, and that's what makes them special.
smile.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
She's ellipitical, also political
All so spiritual, not superficial
Yeah, she's tropical
Yes, she's illogical

I'm really freaking weird like that too. I haven't worn the shirts I wore to the Phoenix and LA show since then... the are too sacred, man. And I hung em up next to the shirts I bought @ the concerts, yeah. Musn't let them touch the other clothes now... *rocks back and forth*

Not me, I wear my baby blue fleece jacket that I wore to the Boston show almost every day (I did today too!).... it's too comfy to not wear....

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
She's ellipitical, also political
All so spiritual, not superficial
Yeah, she's tropical
Yes, she's illogical

I'm pretty bad too...I won't let people touch my tickets, or GA bracelets, and especially not my pictures!! And my friends now know to be careful when handling my posters!! I think they think I'm a U2 memorabilia nazi!! (but only in a good way, of course!)

I have all my tickets, bracelets, concert photos, U2 postage stamps, et al in a special U2 scrapbook.
biggrin.gif

<--is crazy

<----- has kept, and in fact brought them with her to LA from Miami, her stinking and falling apart (literally, like the rubber sole not only has holes because it's been worn out but what's left of it is also detaching itself from the shoe) sneakers simply because that's the sneakers she wore to the her first show ever, which happened to be opening night, as well as her second show.

Granted that sneaker also romed Disney and Universal studios 3 times, as well as most of Italy and Greece during Spring Break. In other words I will build it a shrine as soon as I get the cash together.

Yes I get way to attached to my sneakers.

------------------
Long live the lemon!!!

Back
Top Bottom