Which song do Pleba girls miss the most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
[disclaimer] Don't take this as another complaint against U2's setlist choices- this is just my curiousity here [/disclaimer]

So now that the 3rd leg's settled in- there are 5 regular 1st & 2nd leg songs I've figured have been removed. Which ones do you miss the most?

The Fly
Gone
With Or Without You
Mysterious Ways
Desire

My vote: Myseterious Ways

------------------
She's gonna make you cry
She's gonna make you whisper and moan

* U2TakeMeHigher *

My vote: Desire

I was listening to Rattle Hum last night, & I had that song on repeat for about 1/2 an hour......

I can't beleive they're not playing it in this leg!? I loved the acoustic that they always did. *rage building* Gotta go listen to live U2 songs to calm my nerves......

------------------
~?~*~?~ Katie ~?~*~?~
....a little girl with Irish eyes......

We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by wildhoney22 (edited 11-04-2001).]

Oki, I haven't attended any shows att he 3rd leg but I've checked setlists and gotten reviews for almost every show. That they have dropped WOWY is a really sorrow but I think I would miss Mysterious ways even more if I was there, at the show. That song is their best live song me thinks. I love it, I love Bono in it, I love Edge's solo. It just moves me, both fysical and psycical (is that a word? LOL )

So, my vote goes for Mysterious ways!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

OMG Carrie, REALLY?!? The FLY and Mysterious Ways are two songs I would DIE to hear them play, I can't believe that--of all the songs!--they would drop those two, they ROCK!!!!! I was SO looking forward to the light show for MWs as well!
frown.gif
Man...now I'm really bummed....
frown.gif

I would also die to hear them play "Big Girls are Best" but that probably won't happen in this lifetime...but can you imagine? That song was MADE to play live(and LOUD!)

Waaah....*goes off to sulk*

Originally posted by Discoteque:
OMG Carrie, REALLY?!? The FLY and Mysterious Ways are two songs I would DIE to hear them play, I can't believe that--of all the songs!--they would drop those two, they ROCK!!!!! I was SO looking forward to the light show for MWs as well!
frown.gif
Man...now I'm really bummed....
frown.gif

I would also die to hear them play "Big Girls are Best" but that probably won't happen in this lifetime...but can you imagine? That song was MADE to play live(and LOUD!)

Waaah....*goes off to sulk*

Disco- I never thought I'd miss MW as much as I do!! I thought it'd be WOWY, but MissZooropa was right on the money about missing MW live. Montreal was the last time it was played- i think. and the women in the heart were just grooooving.

However- don't be too sad b/c they have added some other specials like Wild Honey and sometimes a full band Angel! Those both rock. (plus Bono pretends to be a monkey when he sings that line! lol!)

BGAB live- whoa! that would rock!! imagine all the moaning Bono would get to do!
smile.gif
*faint*

------------------
She's gonna make you cry
She's gonna make you whisper and moan

* U2TakeMeHigher *

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:

BGAB live- whoa! that would rock!! imagine all the moaning Bono would get to do!
smile.gif
*faint*

I would have heart failure!!!!! *lol*

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:

smile.gif
*faint*

*runs for cold water*

If they did one B-side it would have to be that one!
icon12.gif

Unf. haven't made it to any of the shows this leg but having seen the setlists - dropping MW is a big mistake!

Interesting to see that so many miss MW. On the mailinglist at home everyone are dead tired of MW and wish they never hear it live again. Can it have something to do about most of them being guys?
smile.gif

Just to add an anecdot about MW, it's about how great U2's music really are. A couple of years ago I had to do danceprogram in gymclass at school. I choose MW and made the choreopraphy myself. This choice lead to that I listened to that song about 20 times a day for over a month, I can assure you, even the best song is "destroyed" after that but.... It came back to me and now it's one of my favsongs again. Other fav songs that I've been listened to alot and started to dislike never comes back to me again but U2's, the raise again and becomes even better.
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

I got to hear Desire in Chicago on the 16th so I would have to pick.....ummm....With or Without You. I know everybody knows this song but I really like it live when Bono adds the "Shine Like Stars" lyrics. The song also really touches me when he ends it "I can't live...with out you."
*sniff*
Plus I think that Bono's voice takes on an extra special sexiness during W OR W/O You.
*mmmmm...sexy*
~Honey

------------------
The doors you open
I just can't close...

Mysterious Ways!!!! It was sooooo rockin in Notre Dame!

------------------
And if you dance then dance with me...

Uggh, this is really too hard for me to pick one. I heard "Gone," "Mysterious Ways," and "The Fly" (along with Desire and WOWY) all at Buffalo, and when I got to see them again in Hamilton, four out of five were missing. I say I missed MW and the Fly the most.

And btw Carrie, they did perform "WOWY" at Hamilton, so that was the last time, I believe it was played this leg.

tania

------------------
I can't even say the bloody word Achhhhhtung Baby"--Larry

I miss the Fly... I love that song, always been a favorite of mine. PLus, I have always loved the Fly character in general
biggrin.gif

------------------
How do you keep a moron busy for an hour? Two words...

Extreme Paddleball

I was SO sad when I heard about WOWY - being off the setlist, and Mysterious Ways! I adore With or Without You, I'm really really sad it's not being played. . . but maybe later on? *crosses fingers*

------------------
AKA summer-rain at Zootopia! // "The less you know, the more you believe." - Last Night on Earth

I got to hear Desire at the 2nd Chicago show- was that a rare occurance? It was the full band too!
smile.gif

Anyway, the song I miss the most is MW. That song has always been a favorite of mine, and it really gets the crowd pumped and grooving. And there's always the possibility that the Edge will do his funky feet thing like in the PopMart video!
smile.gif

I miss WOWY too but not as much because I don't think a live version can beat the studio version. The "we'll shine like stars..." part is a nice bonus, though.

i miss MW the most. i *love* this song live- it's just so fun to dance to! (right Miss Zooropa? remember London 3? LOL!) at Providence 2, I made a sign requesting MW, but the band didn't play it.
frown.gif
oh well. there is kinda a funny story from that night, though: when dallas was warming up the guitars before the show, i held up the MW sign with the hopes that he would mention something to edge. (fat chance, right?) he looked at me and shrugged as if to say that he was sorry and that he had no control over the set list. i must have had a sad look on my face, because dallas next mouthed the words "I'll play it for you", and then he played the opening riff to MW. i love dallas for doing that, but i *really* wish it had been the whole band!!
smile.gif

Got to be WOWY and all the beauty and tenderness he sang it with. He seems to be interacting less with girls in the audience since he dropped this song.

I don't think I'll miss WOWY. Its a great song, but over the years its been
icon24.gif
when played live. It was awesome in the 80's ... ZootTV WOWY was eh.. POP it was horrible... and Elevation it was eh on the first leg.... so I'm ok with it not being on the list!
smile.gif

I miss "GONE" and "Discotheque"
biggrin.gif
Gawd I love that song when Bono sang in on the POP mart tour! LOL BOOM CHA! :p

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)