Weird tastes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desire4Bono

Refugee
living in a rock and roll fantasy- and what's wron
This thread is just for fun. Of course we all have our own tastes about which guys we like best, but what about other stuff? I like some stuff that some people consider weird. Maybe you do too. Here are mine, list yours!

1- burned meat
2- soggy cereal
3- raw bread dough
4- olives on hamburgers
5- bananas and mayonnaise

Yum!
wink.gif

This doesn't have to be food, it could be clothes, TV shows, 'guilty pleasure' music stars, anything!

Things I usually do not admit to liking:
Neil Diamond
Teletubbies
I used to (note emphasis on "used to") love New Kids on teh Block (thankfully I am over that one).

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

i have to agree with u on the soggy cereal thing
smile.gif

lucky charms on a peanut butter sandwich
overcooked cheese on pizzas
cold spaghetti
pretzels dipped in soda
wink.gif
smile.gif

------------------
*to bono: you are my Bono, my only Bono, you make me happppyy when skys are grey you dont even know dearrrr how much i love you, so please dont take my bono away*

pickled beets right outta the can
burned toast/muffins/bagels
canned smoked oysters on crackers
olives out of the can (I've saved the liquid from about 4 cans in hopes of someday making my own extra dirty vodka martinis!)
Vietnamese coffee (taught to me by my nail tech - espresso mixed with sweetened cond. milk, then poured over ice)
Eating standing up (just part of a 'singleton' existence)

There's lots weirder stuff I nosh on from time to time, but can't think of them....

smile.gif

Originally posted by *~~Bono's_Babe~~*:

lucky charms on a peanut butter sandwich

I love Lucky Charm's on me peanut butter sammiches! Everyone thinks I'm crazy...but, eh
biggrin.gif

<----thinks they should add a lemon charm
icon34.gif
biggrin.gif

other weird tastes:
mints mixed with lemon drops (ok, it's not that weird)
and I once tried doggie treats (as a dare) but I didn't like 'em too much

------------------
*~*Phuzzie*~*

*Owner of the BonoDoll*

WARNING: Insanity is highly contagious!

My U2 Site

"I don't usually come across as a very deep person, but really I am deep. I'm deep when I need to be. When I'm frustrated I'll let all my feelings out, I'll be deep. So let me be deep, but don't get me frustrated." ~ Me, when asked how I could write such a deep response to the meaning of "Beautiful Day"

~ Spaghetti sauce on broccoli
~ Potato chips & peanut butter
~ Pretzels dipped in chocolate milk
~ Whenever I go to the movies, I always get Skittles & Sprite, and the Sprite tastes so good when you drop the Skittles in it. Swear to Dad.
~ Grenadine syrup (the kind you use to make Shirley Temples!) straight out of the bottle

Man, no wonder I get looks at the dinner table...
biggrin.gif

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

that Peach cocktail stuff
Prezel sticks dipped in pink lemonade
chickpeas from the can
used to listen to zooropa at 3 am while writing bio papers
LOVE to watch bear in the big blue house
enjoy doing laundry

keep in mind that some of these things i like with many other things, but not together, lol...i'm a freak.

- raw chocolate chip cookie dough (only pillsbury's in that roll, and not the ice cream)
- apple sauce with tuna fish (instead of mayonnaise), nacho cheese doritos, and red lobster's biscuits and cheese sticks
- ketchup with nacho cheese doritos, regular ruffles potato chips, and fish sticks

i can't think of anything else, but that's enough weird stuff to freak everyone out for a lifetime, i'm sure.
biggrin.gif

------------------
another lonely night ahead for me now buried in the darkening day, that lingers on and drags me down...
ME!

Eh...let's see..

I like flat soda.
Fries with sweet and sour sauce, hot mustard, mustard, ranch dressing, anything but Ketchup.
Peanut Butter on Banana (mmmmmmmmm)
Dry Cereal (I eat it every morning)

Eh I think that's it lol

------------------
b0280.gif

THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Actual convo with Larry:
u2bela1: You?re a skank you know that??
Larry: HAHAHA Good one.
u2bela1: Yeah you big flirty man you!
<clarity> he's prolly all like Anne she said I'm a skank rofl
<clarity> Bono's like you are a skank Lardence rofl

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 02-05-2002).]

McDonald's ketchup by itself
Ketchup on fried chicken
Bon Jovi (sort of!)
I was in love with Jon Bon Jovi once. (He is NOTHING compared to Larry though)
Barney when I was little
I liked to eat toothpaste when I was little
Baby sitters club books (when I was little)
Goosebumps books (once again, when I was little)
Um...a lot of other weird stuff...
and the DEEP, DARK one..I had a crush on Bono for about 2 days before I had one on Larry. But my one on Larry is about 100000000000000000000000 times bigger than my one on Bono was! (I was only about 12, anyway...)

------------------
"I think that Edge is the head of the band, I'm the heart, and Adam and Larry are the feet." - Bono, 1981

u2er@u2email.com

The raw core of a cabbage.

I also have a strange liking for Peter Mansbridge, the over-50 (or over 60) and balding news guy on CBC. He just has the most beautiful voice and is strangely handsome.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 02-05-2002).]

My mom use to make us eat liver when I was little. My little sister put applesause on it. Yuck.
A guy I work with doesn't eat peanut butter and jelly, he eats peanut butter and mayonnaise on sandwiches.

Lemme see... what sort of odd stuff do I like?

*cold leftover takeout Chinese food -- for breakfast!
*salsa on my eggs
*agree with MG on the peanut butter and banana -- that is just yummy! PB and mayo, on the other hand...
*the juxtaposition in my bedroom of the nice Victorian deco, the cute stuffed animals, the lovely children's books... and the collection of darkwave music slowly building up in my closet.(I should mention the 2002 Edward Gorey calendar too) A sign of a secret life, perhaps?

------------------
Dearer to me than the evening star
A Packard car
A Hershey bar
Or a bride in her rich adorning
Dearer that any of these by far
Is to lie in bed in the morning

Jean Kerr -- Please Don't Eat the Daisies

When I was around 12/13 I used to love to eat Vlasic Mild Cherry Peppers with chocolate milk. I still love the peppers, but I can't stand milk or the idea of that as a snack now. Yikes!

Of course, I was also in puppy love with Rick Springfield then. He was here at the county fair a few years back and for $5 you could get into the fair AND see his show. That was LMAO funny! I still knew a lot of the lyrics. Useless brain clutter!

<---- Grew up on the classics like Beach Boys, Carpenters, Queen, Manilow and Diamond on 8 tracks! Used to pop those in the old deck on the boat when we were sailing and everyone would be singing along - loudly!

This is a fun thread. Oh, to be 13 again - NOT!!

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

Originally posted by YellowKite:

Of course, I was also in puppy love with Rick Springfield then. He was here at the county fair a few years back and for $5 you could get into the fair AND see his show. That was LMAO funny! I still knew a lot of the lyrics. Useless brain clutter!

I too was in love with Rick Springfield.

I didn't like milk very much when I was a kid so my parents used to put food coloring in it to trick me into drinking milk.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Just about any leftovers COLD!!But specially Pizza

And fr?es with peanutbutter

or just peanutbutter on basically anything!!

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Wow! There are some really odd food tastes in here! I am wondering if you guys are making some of this stuff up for shock value! I am having a hard time trying to think of anything unusual I like. I would say:

The brown/black bits of fries
unpopped popcorn kernels
I love to eat banannas sideways like corn on the cob
I love pasta with peas
I find the following to be an irresistible snack: Cheddar cheese on rye crisp, with a glass of tomato juice and a dill pickle.

That's it for food oddities! Now for guilty pleasures:

When I was young (many, many moons ago) I was in love with the Bay City Rollers and The American Beat (as opposed to the English one).

Right now, my guilty pleasures include: Men's Health Magazine (that mag just cracks me up!), I also surf on online matchmaking sites, first as research for one of my book ideas, and also because some of the things ppl say also crack me up, and some of those pics! I have also been singing a lot of Ally McBeal soundtrack songs and dancing manically around the room to Acqua and the B52s. This kind of thing cheers me up when I'm depressed.

There you go! The cat's out of the bag!

Mrs. Edge you are not alone, for I too, love the Ally Mcbeal soundtracks!! I bought it just for the Sting & RDJ Duet, but now I love the whole cd!! I even bought the Christmas one!!

Back
Top Bottom