Trekkie convention

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bearleft

The Fly
Hello all,

This is going to sound off-topic, but trust me, it's not (really).

I went to the 40th Anniversary Star Trek convention last weekend in Chicago. (Shatner and Nimoy were both there.) Some creative (and/or warped :wink:) soul posted a Photoshopped picture here a long time ago:

spockedge.jpg

Before each actor came out, they would show a montage of scenes of that character set to music. I think they were fan-made music videos. So anyway, we were sitting waiting for Nimoy to come out, and they start his video. And what did this wonderful person set his video to? "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." My first reaction was to tear up, because of seeing Nimoy finally and because hearing U2 just does that sometimes, then I started snickering a bit thinking of the above picture.

Anyway, I just wanted to share because it really amused me.

Edgette said:
That is awesome. I'm sure Edge would have loved that. :up:

He does seem to be a bit of a geek, doesn't he? :love: In the making of UF, isn't he rambling about Lost in Space? It was something like that.

I wish I knew who did that photo.

It never occurred to me that U2 would figure into the weekend other than on my own Walkman (yes, I'm still in the dark ages). The weird thing was, within 2 hours we saw Shatner and Nimoy onstage, heard U2 "introduce" Nimoy, and the guy next to me started talking about (Def Leppard's) Vivian Campbell. Too weird. And a geek's heaven. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom