Touch pt 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sad_Girl

Blue Crack Supplier
DisclaimerL: Absolutely not true. Just a fun little fantasy inspired by but in no way meant to represent the true actions/feelings of any person(s) mentioned within

"Feels like Home to me"
as performed by Chantal Kreviazuk

Well if you knew how much this moment means to me
And how long I've waited for your touch
And if you knew how happy you are making me
I never thought that I'd love anyone so much

It had seemed like a great idea at the time. Isn’t that how some of the strangest stories start? They’d started out on the Harley, deciding to make the drive from Chicago to Detroit on their own. It wasn’t an overly long trip for him, being more accustomed to riding the motorcycle for longer distances. On top of Ceili’s growing discomfort, it had now began to rain. They were somewhere in Indiana, on the highway where every mile seems to be the same thing repeated over and over again.

When the drizzling rain had started, Larry had planned on getting off at the next exit and finding them some shelter. Then the sky had opened up and the heavens seemed to pour out in great buckets. It was the sort of rain which hit hard and seemed to drag you downward with it’s weight. He pulled over beneath a bridge, the darkness of the night broken only by the lone headlight on the bike.

On either side of the bridge, the world disappeared in a wall of water, making it impossible to see more than a few feet. He slipped off his helmet and looked back at Ceili who was climbing off the motorcycle gingerly, her legs aching from the ride.

“Sorry about this. Fecking weather… I swear, I thought we’d beat it.” He told her and she smiled broadly at him. The truth was, the moment was downright enchanting. There was a breeze pushing through the tunnel formed beneath the bridge, sending a spray of rain at them. She lifted her arms over her head and threw her head back.

“I love it.” She announced. Ever since the reunion with her daughter two nights before, Ceili had been like a woman granted pardon five minutes before her execution. The weight of the world had lifted from her shoulders, and to Larry’s surprise, he found her even more beautiful than before.

“You’re crazy.” He told her with a smile as she spread her arms wide and began to dance in the warm night air. She laughed and looked at him, her eyes sparkling, reflecting the headlight. He climbed off the bike and moved to her, taking her in his arms and dancing with her, humming some old Elvis tune she couldn’t quite place.

“If I’m crazy, I don’t want to be sane.” She told him. “I’ve never been this happy, not in my entire life.” He smiled softly at her, the bridge of his nose against hers. Before her head had the chance to censor her thoughts, they came spilling out. “I’m in love with you.” She told him. As soon as her ears heard the words out loud she braced herself for the fallout of this foolish statement. Declaring her love for a man she’d known all of two months was utterly ridiculous. No matter how true it might be.

“I know.” He told her with a cocky grin, but before she could take it back or get upset with his teasing, he caught her face in his big hands and stared into her eyes. “I love you too.” He told her, sending her world spinning crazily. She was moved to tears, but she was not sad. She was dizzy, but not sick. Maybe he was right, she thought. Maybe this is what it means to be crazy.

His lips met hers so softly at first neither one of them was hardly moving at all. As the reality of the moment sank in, she drew him closer, her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. It was she who first opened her lips, deepening the connection; her tongue which tentatively moved to explore his mouth. He was eager to comply, but only on her terms. She would lead this particular dance. He’d been hesitant to touch her since the night she’d panicked and told him about the rape. The last thing he wanted was for it to cause her any kind of pain when he touched her. She smiled at him shyly as she finished their kiss.

“Let me see if I can get us out of here.” Larry told her with a wink, pulling out his cell phone and dialing. She sat on the slanted cement wall beneath the bridge and listened to him as he made arrangements for someone to come and pick up them, and his bike and give them a lift to the nearest hotel.

It wasn’t exactly the four-star sort of accommodations he had become accustomed too, but the motel comprised of several small one room cabins was close, warm and dry. The woman who ran the place had taken pity on them at first sight, handing over a key and telling Ceili to get out of her soaking wet clothes and warmed up. By the time Larry had paid the tow company driver and finished registering, she had begun doing her best to make the cabin cozy.

There were no candles to light, so she improvised by turning on the bathroom light and closing the door most of the way. She turned on the TV, volume all the way down, letting it’s flickering light create the dancing shadows in place of the candle flame she longed for. She had a small bottle of perfume in her jacket pocket which she sprayed on the pillows and then into the current created by the ceiling fan. She coughed and gagged as it hit her in the face, realizing that was not the wisest of choices.

**this chapter has been edited and cut considerably short to fit the guidelines for posting in this forum. What was cut was not absolutely necessary to the story, though I think it added a lot of depth to the relationship between Larry and Ceili. I apologize if the timing seems awkward after cutting out such a large portion of the chapter.

In bed, as they settled in that night, he kissed her fingertips and then took her hand in his own, sliding up beside her and holding her close. His head rested against her chest as he drifted off to sleep. She stroked his hair and cheek idly until she knew he was deep asleep.

“I love you more than I knew possible.” She whispered, her own eyes drifting shut, her heart so full of love for him that it ached.

LMjr.jpg

U2Girl1978 said:
Great story...maybe you can send the whole story in a pm? :D

or in an email....oochiegoochie@yahoo.com

No problem, as long as you have no problem with romance novel/love scene/smut type chapters, I'll share :wink:

ok, Sent, sent, sent, sent, sent, sent and sent!
:cool:
Thanks for the positive feedback; I love writing and it's infinitely more fun to know other people like my stories!

No problem; thanks for all the nice things you've had to say!

Sent, Sent, sent, and sent.... I think I got everybody now, didn't I? :wink:

oh, and I should have pt 8 posted no later than tomorrow morning... I have a four hour long class to sit through on Wednesday nights so I haven't had time to finish it just yet.

Ok, I know it's been a long time since you posrted this thread, but I'm just catching up on this story. It's great by the way! :drool:

Anyway, I was wondering if there's any chance you still possess the full version? If so, do you think you could find the time to email it to me?

zeoyne@yahoo.se

Back
Top Bottom