Take Me To Your Leader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
This is just a one chap wonder. I don't know U2, this is fiction....blah blah blah.

Big thank you to Serena Vox for being the wonderful Beta she is.

Bridget walked into the coffee shop and wandered over to the counter. She got her coffee and muffin and sat down at one of the deserted tables and took out her book. It was her first day off in three weeks and she was determinned to enjoy it.

After about 5 minutes she heard someone come in but she didn’t bother to look up. She heard a chair scrape against the floor as someone sat down. She glanced up and noticed the short hair and sunglasses.

Nah, she thought to herself. What would he be doing in a coffee shop in the middle of the day?

He smiled as he noticed her looking at him. They both went back to their books.

Her phone rang. She looked at the number and just sighed.

She pressed a button and just said, “NO,” and hung up again.

The man looked up and just chuckled.

She caught his eye and gave him a what-are-you-reading look.

He held up his book and she saw it was the latest Grisham. She held hers up and blushed a little. It was the latest Nora Roberts. He just smiled. They both went back to reading.

About five minutes later her phone rang again. She rolled her eyes at the man and answered her phone.

“Unless the computers are walking on two legs and carrying guns saying ‘take me to your leader’, I’m not coming in,” she said. The man choked while laughing as he had just taken a sip of coffee. She listened for a minute and then just hung up.

She took her laptop out of her bag and booted it up and muttered under her breath and idiot brothers and how they couldn’t find their brain with two hands and a map.

She spent five minutes clicking and muttering and then just smiled evilly.

She picked up her phone and dialed.

“Hi.” She said in a very professional voice. “This is your IT goddess calling to inform you that your password has been changed as per your request.”

She then said in an evil voice, “and this is your sister telling you that it is DUMBASS in great big capital letters. Now don’t call me again or I will tell mom about that time you stole the car. And I want the title IT goddess on a nameplate.”

She hung up without saying another word. The man was just smiling as he finished his coffee.

As he left he handed Bridget a piece of paper.

To the IT goddess. Take me to your leader. Bono.

Last edited:
As the previous post said it captures the moment so well. Made me smile too!

Back
Top Bottom