surprise surprise... you're on camera!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
anyone know what this pic is about?

bono_101.jpg

was it Uncut that recently quoted bono as saying "i dont' beleive monogamy is in human nature" or something like that.
are we seeing an example here! perhaps...?

can you guys see the picture...?

i cant but that just may be my computer - here's it off snapfish aswell

33%3B%3B%3B93523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2338%3D58%3B%3D%3A55%3DXROQDF%3E232365%3A4234%3B8ot1lsi

It's from B P Fallon's book. He told the story in there... in brief, that girl sort of foisted herself onto Bono, you might say. :ohmy:

Ancalagon said:
It's from B P Fallon's book. He told the story in there... in brief, that girl sort of foisted herself onto Bono, you might say. :ohmy:

ah i see, thought there might be a "reasonable explanation". always thought it was a funny pic, he really looks like he's been caught by surprise!

Re: Re: surprise surprise... you're on camera!

starsgoblue said:

What was that quote in response to? :ohmy:

It's a quote from the Flanagan book, which was re-quoted in Uncut. (I was quite disappointed with the Uncut article; it was mostly a rehashing of Flanagan.) It's on page 82, if you have the book. "I think fidelity is just against human nature. That's where we have to either engage or not engage our higher side." Of course, in the interests of sensationalism, Uncut left out that second sentence.

Re: Re: Re: surprise surprise... you're on camera!

biff said:

It's a quote from the Flanagan book, which was re-quoted in Uncut. (I was quite disappointed with the Uncut article; it was mostly a rehashing of Flanagan.) It's on page 82, if you have the book. "I think fidelity is just against human nature. That's where we have to either engage or not engage our higher side." Of course, in the interests of sensationalism, Uncut left out that second sentence.

i believe it was in response to the themes of achtung baby... bono was suggesting that the theme of betrayal was as much about edge's marriage breakdown as it was about his own bumpy patches in his marriage and dropped in the "fidelity against human nature" quote. he was also quick enough to add "i may or may not be writing about my own experience"

That's right. He said he had too much respect for his wife to talk about their relationship, and that in his lyrics, the question of whether or not he was writing from personal experience didn't make the lyrics any less "true" in the emotional sense.

Back
Top Bottom