STAY LYRICS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

poptart2001

The Fly
i was talking to someone in chat she was saying STAY was her fave song but she didnt really know what it's about .Does anyone know????????????? or have any ideas!!!!!!!!
:-0

here's what I found at U2MoL(meaning of lyrics); hope this helps
smile.gif

The title of this song alludes to the 1993 Wim Wenders film: Faraway, So Close. The film is a follow-up (Wenders insists it's not a sequel) to his earlier (1988?) film, Wings of Desire. Both follow the lives of angels in Berlin who become human and stumble around trying figure out life once their wings are clipped. The film is very drawn-out at times but the visual appeal of many of the scenes is irresistable. Anything from the angels perspective is black and white and the film goes colour when things are seen through human eyes. Once I understood how this all worked, the video for the song made a lot more sense (clue: the band is playing a bunch of angels and Bono apparently becomes human at the very end). The songs is from the perspective of the angels who feel helpless as they watch everyone's life unfold (And when I touch you, you don't feel a thing). The song is about helplessness more than anything (And if you shout, I'll only hear you). The angels know everything but they seem unable to change it. They've watched everything (You used to stay in to watch the adverts, You could lip-synch to the talk shows) we are like they're children and they can only watch.

------------------
'listen as hope and peace try to rhyme' -*POP*

"Irish people are like Texans" -Bono, 4-3-01

What would Jesus Not do?

Back
Top Bottom