Song that needs a video!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetie

Refugee
MA - the land of every weather pattern imaginable
I got this idea from the dancing with Bono thread. :D

Have you ever listened to a song and visualized a video for it?

Have you ever wished that a song had a video for it because you could vividly picture any of the boys in seductive situations or bathed in soft moonlight or in various shades of black and white?

So? Which song absolutely needs a video?

DreamOutLoud13 said:

**runs into the wall**

Is that the reaction you were expecting? :D

:D
now I think ofit... imagine.. Your Blue Room... a vid, completely in blueish things.. Bono singing into the camera... looking completely stunning WITHOUT his shades... singing his heart out in that low voice... :drool: and he should be in white... that'd make nice effects with the all blue lightening.. and his babyblues... :drool:
(and ofcourse Adam singing/narrating in the end... )

You are right Sweetie--everytime I see Mariah Carey on VH-1 doing videos practically nude--I say why can't Bono do a sexy video like that--what would be wrong with him in a hot tub or rubbing on someone in a limo. I'm still mad over the gratuitous chest baring being cut from Vertigo. Since were were talking about Do You Feel Loved--I vote for a video for that. What about A Man and A Woman keeping in line with videos from the new record. :drool: :drool:

Bono's Doll said:
I'm still mad over the gratuitous chest baring being cut from Vertigo.
:scream: I know! For a while I thought I had been hallucinating. I was shown clips from the video and then when the video came out--- no chest!!! :banghead:

Originally posted by Bono's Doll Since were were talking about Do You Feel Loved--I vote for a video for that. What about A Man and A Woman keeping in line with videos from the new record. :drool: :drool:

Yes! I can picture Bono barefoot on the beach, guitar in hand, serenading........me.

Salome would be kinda interesting too. Exotic :drool:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Salome would be very hot. Picture Bono in full FLY mode, black leather and shades, singing intensely to the dancer :drool:

(I'm gonna make GG's head explode!)

:combust: guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh gimme!
also, the Chest baring is NOT I repeat NOT cut out from the vertigo vid!!! I saw it! they just had the camera way too high, but you can see his arms/shoulders making the gesture of opening the shirt... and you can see it at the folds of the shirt.. yes I am obsessed.. can you blame me? :drool:

Miracle drug would be a pretty cool Edge vid btw... or, I know it's not an album song, wich is a pity because I LOVE the song and think it's definately album-worthy, Mercy.. Bside All Because of You... I love that song! and it'd make a rockin' vid! something cool... first Edge's guitar, then it goes to Bono sitting at some table 'drinking some wine' ... and with special effects it'd be blood, like the lyrics... and then some performance thrown in it :D

Velvet dress: A black and white video, or sepia tint.... moonlight shining through a room, curtains blowing, windows open, him shutting the curtains, me in a black velvet sexy dress..... sigh....

him in black, his shirt open, rosary showing, chest fur showing, NO SHADES, blue eyes gleaming in the dark, his soft singing, his hair slightly blowing in the wind from the window... MANY close ups of his mouth, lips, neck, chin.... yummyyyy... his cologne...

*faints at the thoughts of what happens after this*

*faints again*

:combust: :combust: :combust:

Babydoll said:
... his cologne...

Ah..its the scratch and sniff kind of video heh :wink:

Originally posted by Babydoll Velvet dress: A black and white video, or sepia tint.... moonlight shining through a room, curtains blowing, windows open, him shutting the curtains, me in a black velvet sexy dress..... sigh....

him in black, his shirt open, rosary showing, chest fur showing, NO SHADES, blue eyes gleaming in the dark, his soft singing, his hair slightly blowing in the wind from the window... MANY close ups of his mouth, lips, neck, chin.... yummyyyy
[/B]

I can completely picture this! :drool: Oooooo..his open shirt. :combust:

hm how about Bono in a room, on a bed, surrounded by PLEBAns... without a shirt.. just lying there, us lying next to him... him dreaming away and singing the song... we drooling over him... :drool: and black and white would be ver good indeed.. maybe some brownish/goldish glow over it.. I dont know why, but Bono's voice in the song is associated with Brown in my head :confused:
... hmmm and when that vid shoot is over... All for PLEBA, PLEBANS FOR ONE!!! guh first one wins ! :drool: Bono :drool:

Zooropa :drool:

the first minute and a half could be so many things... :sexywink:
For the part where the 'and I have no compass..' comes in and the guitar explodes, the video turns into a mix of both the music video and U2 playing the song
such a beautiful song :drool:

if 'One Tree Hill' could have an actual video, I'd imagine a landscape-ish area. the wind is blowing by them and Bono is singing to the camera. scenes of a romantic relationship going awry could also work. and of course Bono's shirt would be open so that the wind could breeze into his chest.... :shifty:

There seems to be one common tie with every single video talked about in here...bono having his shirt open. hmmm. interesting:eyebrow:

not that i mind:wink:

sigh:drool: I love the ideas for Velvet Dress and Your Blue Room. I vote for In a Little While: Color, but dark during fall, leaves blowing .A castle in Ireland, girl dressed in flowing medieval gown running through the castle with Bono chasing her wearing one of his favored purple, ruffled shirts--kind of a playful hide and seek, no glasses. Shots of the band playing in a courtyard with a garden and statues. Bono and ther girl dance while he sings to her a bit...:drool: :drool:

OOOHHHH this is your idea sweetie, good one!:mac:

wanna be videos:

Ultra Violet
Love is Blindness
A Man and A Woman
Out of Control
Wire

Thats all I could think of right now get crackin boys.:drool:

LMBLover said:
sigh:drool: I love the ideas for Velvet Dress and Your Blue Room. I vote for In a Little While: Color, but dark during fall, leaves blowing .A castle in Ireland, girl dressed in flowing medieval gown running through the castle with Bono chasing her wearing one of his favored purple, ruffled shirts--kind of a playful hide and seek, no glasses. Shots of the band playing in a courtyard with a garden and statues. Bono and ther girl dance while he sings to her a bit...:drool: :drool:

And the "girl" in this video is me :)

LMBLover said:

Sigh. Bono does sometimes seem like something out of a romance novel.

Not that I read romance novels :reject:

Galeongirl said:

:combust: guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh gimme!
also, the Chest baring is NOT I repeat NOT cut out from the vertigo vid!!! I saw it! they just had the camera way too high, but you can see his arms/shoulders making the gesture of opening the shirt... and you can see it at the folds of the shirt.. yes I am obsessed.. can you blame me? :drool:

Ok I watched this over & over last night & tried to find this but I couldn't (certainly not obsessed or anything :reject: ), so um Gg.... can you tell me at which part in the vid you see this?? Thank you!!!!

JCOSTER said:
OOOHHHH this is your idea sweetie, good one!:mac:

wanna be videos:

Ultra Violet
Love is Blindness
A Man and A Woman
Out of Control
Wire

Thats all I could think of right now get crackin boys.:drool:

There actually is a video for Love is Blindness. It's 3rd track on the Numb video, though it's only a collage of photos and short clips of U2s ZooTV shows i.e. it could be better!?!

My choice would be Yahweh.:heart:

bonocomet said:

Ok I watched this over & over last night & tried to find this but I couldn't (certainly not obsessed or anything :reject: ), so um Gg.... can you tell me at which part in the vid you see this?? Thank you!!!!
*goes watch vertigo again*
it was somewhere near the end... I'll check the timing for ya
I was wrong.. it's at 1:18 minutes.. Swingin' To The Music... you can see that his shirt is cleary open.. his arms are low, and the pose of the shoulders is the same..
(no not addicted/obsessed at all :drool: )

hcbiggs2002 said:
There actually is a video for Love is Blindness. It's 3rd track on the Numb video, though it's only a collage of photos and short clips of U2s ZooTV shows i.e. it could be better!?!
I just happened to find this after you mentioned it, and thought I should share it:

http://s58.y s i .com/d.aspx?id=26EAMUXXSBC111EG4D3Q32H9N7

Hmm, my thoughts on it... even though it's just clips, it managed to maintain that stark intensity I love so much. Some of the clips also seem to cement that theory that the song is about terrorism. Also, there's a bit of Bono/Edge love in there, which is always nice.

Back
Top Bottom