REQUEST: Do you have any pics of Bono in this hat from NZ ZooTV 1993???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
Hi there

I have the New Zealand Police hat (thanks to my friend in the force!!) that Bono swiped off her head and wore during a song at the 1993 Zoo TV concert in Auckland, New Zealand. She was there with other Police helping out with security for the concert and managed to get a position right on the ellipse. Bono was sweet enough to put the hat back on top of her head at the end of the song(she was half freaking out about losing it!!), and she later gave it to me as she knew I was an avid fan!! Sadly no Bono hair, Bono sweat or any other traces of Bono were left in it for me....:(

We tried to see if there were any recordings of the concert but after letters to the promoters etc we finally hit a brick wall.

I would dearly love a pic of Bono onstage with the hat on, or any photos in fact of that concert. Iwas lucky enough to be in the ellipse and saw the whole thing happen, I just didn't realise it was my friends hat!

Sadly one litte black strap is missing off the hat due to my 3yr old boy getting his hands on it, but it is safe again now!!

Here is a pic of the hat....

shatresized1dz.jpg

Cheers!!!

I'm sure there must be a pic out there somewhere gluey, if he was on stage in front of all those people, it must exist! Good luck!! :)

Thanks for your support Bonocomet!!!! I'll be cutting off the circulation in my toes and fingers soon with keeping them crossed!!!

^^ thats what i'm afraid of!!! Cameras & recording devices have never been allowed at NZ concerts like that, so unless there is an official photo out there, I am pretty well stuffed! I have seen one photo of Bono holding a plastic lemon he got off some girls in the crowd at the same concert, but that is all that seems to have cropped up....

OMG!!! Possible exciting update.....I've just come across a guy who has a dvd (albeit bad quality) of the concert bono wore my hat at!!!!! I should get the dvd in the next week, and then I GET TO SEE IF I CAN SEE MY HAT ON BONO'S HEAD!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :combust:

gluey said:
OMG!!! Possible exciting update.....I've just come across a guy who has a dvd (albeit bad quality) of the concert bono wore my hat at!!!!! I should get the dvd in the next week, and then I GET TO SEE IF I CAN SEE MY HAT ON BONO'S HEAD!!! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :combust:

good luck gluey! I sure hope you find the photo, so Bono can sign it for you (cause of course you are going to see him !!) We're rootin for ya! :hyper:

I FOUND THE VIDEO FOOTAGE OF MY HAT!!!! It's in the last part of Satellite of Love!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!! I'll attempt to make screen caps of it once I work out how to!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Somebody help me BREATHE!!!!! I still can't believe it!! I've cracked open a bottle of wine to celebrate the end of my 13 year search - 2 weeks before I see him in the flesh again!!!!

ARGH!! I can't get the dvd to playback properly on my computer!!! I've emailed the guy who sent the copy to me (he's a U2 fan as well) and asked him if he could try from his end.....fingers crossed!!!! I'm still in heaven!!!

Ok desperate times call for desperate measures....I've just taken photos of the dvd playing on my tv....hoping that SOMETHING comes out!!

okshot2.jpg

okshot.jpg

Ok, like I said, this is a very low quality dvd of a budget video taken by a concert goer at the back of the stadium.....there's no clarity etc by any stretch of the imagination....BUT......these two pics are the best photos I could get off my tv (thanks to not being able to play it on my computer!!).....That figure IS Bono, and the dark blob on his head with the back shiney bit sticking out the front IS MY HAT!!!! :hyper:

I'll let you know if I manage to get anything better quality!!

Thought this might help those that have trouble picking the hat etc out!!!! Can you tell I'm enjoying this?!?! :hyper: :hyper:
okshotwithpaint.jpg

:lol:

I suppose you can sort of see it...if your stretch your imagination a lot...and squint your eyes and turn your head on an angle...:wink:

Seriously though, that must be SO awesome to see!

:lol:....yeah, I know....it's a shitty pic, but that's the best I could manage seeing my computer won't let me play the dvd!!!

Yep, it's awesome!!!!

Ok, Gluey, now you finally get a hold of Bono, and you show him the print of the frame, and you say:
"Really look Bono!! That IS YOU! See, and that is my hat you are wearing. Really, no honestly...... stop staring, that's you!! Would you sign it please?"
Bono: ":yikes: " "eh, what did you say your name is? glue? ... sure, :rolleyes: if you say that's me then that's me :shrug:" :signs photo very fast.

just kidding with you gluey! :wink: I'm sure you'll come up with a better print. I really want you to get the Bman to sign your pic! I hope you really get that moment after all these years!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom