Prayers needed !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
This is for a special colleage of my sister who's involved in her field, but not in the company she works for.......
.....someone she's come to deeply respect after knowing him - Richard - for something like 10 years now, and that her office quite respects as well.

Richard is bad need of a kidney transplant....COMPLICATAIONS ARE, he donated a kidney to someone some years back - so he's obviously in short supply.

He has some one who is is a match, but they are wayyy aways in a very rural area out of our country currently.

They may not be so easy to contact.....I think he/medical staff were NOT expecting for his situation to deteriorate SO quickly as to have such a probable dire need now [predicted further down the line], so that his match was expected to be back in The States with plenty of lead time should their donation needed.

SO they are in anxious limbo as they see if this person makes it back in time.

:hug: +++Thank you all+++ in advance, and I will let you know.....when they know something.

:hug: I will definetly be praying for Richard and the donor. What a tough situation to be in! I hope that he is comfortable at least while he is waiting. :heart:

Some better news to report!! :)

Richard has been stabilized enough to be able to go home [from hospital] with a caregiver. Of course if things get worse again, he'll be rushed back to the hospital...but there's a good chance now he can wait it out at home tiill everything is set up for surgery.
His donor is now making their way back to The States.

THANK YOU all from me & my sis - :heart: :hug:S for you Good Thoughts & Prayers.

That's great the donor is coming back soon. I have a close friend who has had two kidney transplants because both of his failed years and years back, then the disease that killed his own killed the kidney he got from his dad. He spent years on dialysis four times a day between the two transplants (he would joke to the little kids that he hadn't peed in three years), but he's been doing very well now. I'll send good vibes your friend's way as he prepares for surgery. I know they won't go ahead with transplants unless both people are in otherwise perfect health. For both him and your friend, I'm crossing my fingers that before the new kidneys give out, there will be artificial kidneys available...

Back
Top Bottom