Pleban Girls Party - We are da champions!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Russty Cat said:
VP I'm doing really well. I have lots of work going out to shows and I'm in talks with a gallery about selling my work full time for me.

I can't believe Sarah is almost done with school. She is growing up too fast!!! :sad:

That's awesome, so excited for you!! :hug: Keep me posted, okay?

I know....I need some sort of device to shrink her back into infanthood. :sad: Enjoy yours - next thing you know, you'll be sending them off. :sniff:

VintagePunk said:

Sarah has one more day of official school, Mon...then exams on Wed and Thurs....I can't believe my baby is almost done HS :scream:

Did I tell you she's chosen her university? She's going to the same school I've been going to, except she's planning to live in residence for the first year. Given that we're abnormally close :uhoh: it's going to be bad for me...I've been dreading it, and the thought nearly sends me into a panic attack....but now that I know she's going to my school, it's a bit better. It's only an hour away, so I can easily drive there to meet her for dinner, or if she's having a bad day, she can come home for the night. :heart: And, if I decide to go to grad school, I want to go there....and, I'd end up moving there too. :)

yes you told some of it to me directly and i think i picked up some of it from thread catch-up as much as I can these days..........

and hey, everyone has got their stuff to deal with :heart: We'll hold your hand. And yeah.....it's def a good thing for you she'll be close by [considering]. and since it's a excellent place it'll be good for her!
:hug:S all around!

did like my story { re:AF}?

I know you've been extra bnusy..........

I have been in such an Abba mood lately. :huh: Specifically, I can't get enough of What's The Name of the Game :huh:

Abba was around during my formative years, and I didn't really like them that much. :huh:

VintagePunk said:

That's awesome, so excited for you!! :hug: Keep me posted, okay?

I know....I need some sort of device to shrink her back into infanthood. :sad: Enjoy yours - next thing you know, you'll be sending them off. :sniff:

I'll definetly let you guys know as things happen. :)

And I wish I could freeze mine in time. I don't want them to grow up. :(

VintagePunk said:
I have been in such an Abba mood lately. :huh: Specifically, I can't get enough of What's The Name of the Game :huh:

Abba was around during my formative years, and I didn't really like them that much. :huh:

Gimme Gimme Gimme and Does Your Mother Know for me :wink:

dazzledbylight said:

yes you told some of it to me directly and i think i picked up some of it from thread catch-up as much as I can these days..........

and hey, everyone has got their stuff to deal with :heart: We'll hold your hand. And yeah.....it's def a good thing for you she'll be close by [considering]. and since it's a excellent place it'll be good for her!
:hug:S all around!

did like my story { re:AF}?

I know you've been extra bnusy..........

Your AF story was awesome!!!! So sorry it didn't work out for me, but I'll save that for my reply. :)

I keep stressing how close we are. I'm sure that some of the girls who met us might have a sense...it really is abnormal. It'll be like a body part is being ripped from me. :( I'm getting teary just typing this. I'll be leaning on you all tons... :sad:

VintagePunk said:

Your AF story was awesome!!!! So sorry it didn't work out for me, but I'll save that for my reply. :)

oh sorry :(.i'll look for your reply next week..........

VintagePunk said:

I keep stressing how close we are. I'm sure that some of the girls who met us might have a sense...it really is abnormal. It'll be like a body part is being ripped from me. :( I'm getting teary just typing this. I'll be leaning on you all tons... :sad:

:hug: we'll be here

I remeber how sad i was (and things were begining to go bad in terms of me losing my acess to the Publishing World b/c more magazines were
### warning### PRE-COMPUTER DAYS-

switching from waxing type & photo stats down etc to using rubber cement--which after using it STEADILY for 8 months in an Advertising [teeny] agency I couldn't handle it any more so constantly [industrial type sensitivities]. I had to leave.

any way so while I was working PT for GOOD pay at a NYS provosional job - i was trying to get back into mag pub...and having no luck)

:giggle: THAT was a LONG parenthesis...............

well my sis ALSO went away to Philly for Grad school then.........:sad:

the 2 together.....PLUS i was also thinking I could never be an ilustrator...............so add in #3..........

man, i was cursing every tenth word at times..................outside of work that is...........

when I visited my sis in philly.............she said to me.you're SO angry, you should go into therapy!

well what did people know about the grieving priocess back then!
I WAS greiving even IF NO ONE would like HONOR the fact that I was afriad i was giving uoP my LIFE LONG [still IS} dream of beinng an illustrator [articals & story related not advert related]..
i t was like.............

suck it up..........you're an adult now...............

SO wow i felt SO abandonded when my sis took off for philly.

Thanks Dazz, for sharing that. :hug: I still feel shitty about it...for years it's just been her and I...our little unit. :cute: But I'm trying to look at the positives...if it had been any other school, it would have made getting together randomly a hell of a lot more difficult.

VintagePunk said:
Thanks Dazz, for sharing that. :hug: I still feel shitty about it...for years it's just been her and I...our little unit. :cute: But I'm trying to look at the positives...if it had been any other school, it would have made getting together randomly a hell of a lot more difficult.

that's what i meant that considering all the other options.....it's the "best" of a difficult time.:hug:

Sad_Girl said:
dddinner.jpg
OMG, simAli's not talking about the weather for once! :ohmy: ... Suitcases?
That won't go down well with simAdam... :lol:

Jo and GG's houses... :up: GG's is very... uh... tall... :wink:
And the flowers on Bono's doorstep... :lmao:

SG has never had spag bol?! :shocked:
And you should definitely drink while making it, cos the sauce tastes so much better with some red wine in it :drool:

*is still catching up*

Huzzah for our glorious victory! Go PGP!! :rockon:

Last edited:
Then again... maybe simAdam doesn't mind a bit of suitcase talk!

Sad_Girl said:
:ohmy:

:lmao: Grabby hands indeed... :lol:

The look on Bono's face with the couch move was priceless, too :lmao:

simAli has pink underwear... :giggle:

I don't watch soap operas on TV... this is way more fun :D

:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom