Pleban Girls Party - Memory Lane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the last thread, in case you didn't see it:

Sad_Girl said:

:yes: :crack: :lol: I still feel like a caged animal when I hear their music come on the radio ... then I realize I can leave/change stations :lmao:

Sarah always says this, and she just now told me she thinks she overheard a guy at a show say this to you??

Chris C (onstage banter): This song is about the best day of my life :happy:

Random guy: What? The day that your girlfriend didn't leave you?

:lmao:

When you start memorizing the stage banter of some sorta lame group, it probably means you've seen them about 5 times too many. :crack:

BB, I never got to experience KoL :happy:

VintagePunk said:

Sarah always says this, and she just now told me she thinks she overheard a guy at a show say this to you??

Chris C (onstage banter): This song is about the best day of my life :happy:

Random guy: What? The day that your girlfriend didn't leave you?

:lmao:

When you start memorizing the stage banter of some sorta lame group, it probably means you've seen them about 5 times too many. :crack:

BB, I never got to experience KoL :happy:

yes, that guy was great :lol: if his stupid girlfriend hadn't have been there (and she WAS stupid :grumpy: ) I SO would've been all over him :drool:

Dashboard Confessional? :no: They got a bit overplayed. I don't suppose anyone has anything to say about the current "hip-hop" craze right now? "London Bridge" anyone?:lol: :scream:

Russty Cat said:
ROFL you should have just bumped her out of the way. :wink: :lol:

VintagePunk said:
Damn girlfriends. :mad: :sexywink:

she didn't know anything about U2, not even some of their most popular music. he obviously was a fairly serious fan, he was explaining a lot of stuff to her, telling her things I thought anyone fortunate enough to be on the rail would know... I was telling people some things, too, and he and I talked about them a little... :love:

then during the show he moved a couple of times to let her stand in front of him and she kept leaning over in front of me at first... then halfway through the show she got bored :mad:

:sigh: I hope he wised up and got rid of her. She may have been hot but she clearly had no taste in music

:lol:

SG, there was this guy I met at the second TO show...we talked a lot, got caught up in the moment sorta thing, he was against me a LOT :drool: He asked me to take a pic of he and this other guy for him, so I did. Saw him outside after the show and he smiled and said hi...REALLY cute, too! Inside, I had thought of giving him my e-mail address, but I didn't. :banghead: I told Sarah about it, and she said "oh, I saw him and his friend, I think they're gay."

I was all "bite me Sarah, he told me they're cousins" :grumpy: :lol:

Damn kid... :madwife:

Sad_Girl said:

she didn't know anything about U2, not even some of their most popular music. he obviously was a fairly serious fan, he was explaining a lot of stuff to her, telling her things I thought anyone fortunate enough to be on the rail would know... I was telling people some things, too, and he and I talked about them a little... :love:

then during the show he moved a couple of times to let her stand in front of him and she kept leaning over in front of me at first... then halfway through the show she got bored :mad:

:sigh: I hope he wised up and got rid of her. She may have been hot but she clearly had no taste in music

What concert was this at? I heard about a girl at one of them, who said "What's that?" in an annoyed voice when "Sunday Bloody Sunday" started. :banghead:

VintagePunk said:
SG, there was this guy I met at the second TO show...we talked a lot, got caught up in the moment sorta thing, he was against me a LOT :drool: He asked me to take a pic of he and this other guy for him, so I did. Saw him outside after the show and he smiled and said hi...REALLY cute, too! Inside, I had thought of giving him my e-mail address, but I didn't. :banghead: I told Sarah about it, and she said "oh, I saw him and his friend, I think they're gay."

:lmao:!!!!!

You'll just have to write some heterosexual fiction about them :wink:

VintagePunk said:

:lmao: I can top that! At the show Cindy and I went to we were sitting next to this nice couple and we were talking after the opening show. Cindy was going to get something to drink and asked me if I wanted anything. After she left the gal leaned over and said how sweet my wife was! :laugh: I guess since we were in Oakland and I was wearing a wedding ring she just assumed. I just said thank you. :giggle:

U2isthebest said:

What concert was this at? I heard about a girl at one of them, who said "What's that?" in an annoyed voice when "Sunday Bloody Sunday" started. :banghead:

out of the hundreds of concerts I could be refering to, what are the chances this is the same person?

I mean, if you want to share that story, tell it, but come on!

Russty Cat said:

:lmao: I can top that! At the show Cindy and I went to we were sitting next to this nice couple and we were talking after the opening show. Cindy was going to get something to drink and asked me if I wanted anything. After she left the gal leaned over and said how sweet my wife was! :laugh: I guess since we were in Oakland and I was wearing a wedding ring she just assumed. I just said thank you. :giggle:

:lol:!!!! How adorable! :cute:

Sad_Girl said:

out of the hundreds of concerts I could be refering to, what are the chances this is the same person?

I mean, if you want to share that story, tell it, but come on!

I doubt it was the same concert. I was also just wondering what concerts you went to. Sorry for the confusion.:reject:

We dvr'd South Park last night, and it was the Chef "super-adventure club" episode! We'd never seen it before, we've watched it twice tonight! :lmao: :bow:

Also, while Sarah was using the computer, Coalminer's Daughter was on, and I watched that...hadn't seen it since it was out in theatres. I really enjoyed it. :up:

I don't mean to be bitchy - I just have a low tolerance for questions that could be easily answered / reasoned out with a little thought by the person asking, or a little research - I'm not the sort who likes to answer the same question over and over again

Drea - I'm cleaning out my PB accounts and couldn't remember if I've posted these for you before?

BillyBoydWall003.jpg

BillyBoyd.jpg

Sad_Girl said:
I don't mean to be bitchy - I just have a low tolerance for questions that could be easily answered / reasoned out with a little thought by the person asking, or a little research - I'm not the sort who likes to answer the same question over and over again

That's ok! I should have been paying more attention. Like I said, I should have made myself clearer. When I reread the post, I realized I made it seem like I was asking if you thought it was the same concert. What I meant to do, was ask you what concert(s) you were at last year, and then tell that story. Once again, I apologize.

SG, I know we sometimes have widely different musical tastes, but have you ever listened to Blue October? :love: I ranted about them one day several months ago, and posted some links, but it was during the day, so I'm not sure if you would have seen it.

Sad_Girl said:
Drea - I'm cleaning out my PB accounts and couldn't remember if I've posted these for you before?

BillyBoydWall003.jpg

BillyBoyd.jpg

I don't think so, though I definitely remember :drool: over that second pic on boyd_daily on LJ when that photoshoot first came out :wink:

Funny that the first one's in a pub - three years ago a friend made me a mousepad (that I've been using since) for my birthday with a picture of Merry and Pippin in the inn at Bree from FOTR, with the "It comes in pints?" line :giggle: Lisa always said it was one of her fav lines in the movie :lol:

Drea said:

I don't think so, though I definitely remember :drool: over that second pic on boyd_daily on LJ when that photoshoot first came out :wink:

Funny that the first one's in a pub - three years ago a friend made me a mousepad (that I've been using since) for my birthday with a picture of Merry and Pippin in the inn at Bree from FOTR, with the "It comes in pints?" line :giggle: Lisa always said it was one of her fav lines in the movie :lol:

I love it! :) that's a great scene :giggle:

VintagePunk said:
SG, I know we sometimes have widely different musical tastes, but have you ever listened to Blue October? :love: I ranted about them one day several months ago, and posted some links, but it was during the day, so I'm not sure if you would have seen it.

I remember reading something about you and Thora talking about Blue October, but I don't remember seeing the links

U2isthebest said:

That's ok! I should have been paying more attention. Like I said, I should have made myself clearer. When I reread the post, I realized I made it seem like I was asking if you thought it was the same concert. What I meant to do, was ask you what concert(s) you were at last year, and then tell that story. Once again, I apologize.

you don't have anything to apologize for

and all of that info is in my profile

Sad_Girl said:

I love it! :) that's a great scene :giggle:

I remember reading something about you and Thora talking about Blue October, but I don't remember seeing the links

you don't have anything to apologize for

and all of that info is in my profile

Thanks! I just became Premium last week, so I'm a little behind on my profile reading. I'll have to check it out!

Okay guys, it's deplorably early for a weekend night, but I think I'm going to head off to bed - have to be at the booth at 10am again tomorrow, and Megan's taking me out to dinner after *g* G'night all :wave:

^ we all know you're going to bed because of the Billy Pics :sexywink:

Goodnight Drea :hug: Sweet Dreams

Did you all see that Dis checked in on her Missing Pleban thread? :heart:

I'm back for a bit! :hug:

OMG - Photobucket just gave me the biggest scare ever. I was trying to get on the site, and it was telling me my password was invalid, and that the account didn't exist! :yikes: I refreshed the site, and all of a sudden it was working fine. *phew* How weird. I would have been so pissed off if my account had somehow been deleted.

Sad_Girl. You were at the Detroit shows? That's awesome! I live about 45 minutes south of The Palace when I'm home. I live about 2 hours away now, because I started college this year. I remember what a huge deal it was when U2 came last year. I wasn't a fan then. A lot has changed in a year. I've become obsessed..:giggle: I heard the staff at The Palace is awful. How did you like the shows there?

Drea said:
Okay guys, it's deplorably early for a weekend night, but I think I'm going to head off to bed - have to be at the booth at 10am again tomorrow, and Megan's taking me out to dinner after *g* G'night all :wave:

Night Drea! Sleep well, and have fun tomorrow!:hug:

Back
Top Bottom