Pleba Girls Party: Come together, right now, over me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alisaura said:
Hi Carlos :wave:

... Plebman... :lol: So we don't make him an honourary girl? :wink:

Your previous employers sound a bit anal, Weldy... :huh: I'm pretty lucky where I work, my team leader is flexible about stuff like that. Cos I suck at being on time :reject: I make up the time later, and it's not as if I'm in a call centre where you HAVE to be on time, so why worry? :D

Most big chains are anal (I worked at what is now AMC...but it used to be Loews Cineplex) about stuff like this.

Night Flybabe :hug: :wave:

Carlos an honorary girl? No thanks! :huh:

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Most big chains are anal (I worked at what is now AMC...but it used to be Loews Cineplex) about stuff like this.

that sucks weldy, i hope you can find a new job where your employers aren't as anal as these guys :hug: god knows it sucks getting rejection after rejection :hug: *hates job hunting*

my mix is sounding pretty good so far - i'm giving it the full run-through!

Alisaura said:

Yay! Go Mix-Master Fiona... :D

hey thanks for your help lastnight! was definitely good to get some outside input, and you definitely made me justify my choices instead of just saying "oh, nice" :wink:

Alisaura said:

I know... but it's a nice sort of indecision :wink:
Time for my "lunch" break....

:lol:
i'm finding out where my loyalties lie, and they're surprising me!

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
My father and I were thinking about going to see Meet the Robinsons....but my dad wears regular glasses....so wearing that and the 3-D glasses is going to be a problem :sigh:

Can't you wear 3-D glasses over regular ones?? :yikes: *considers laser surgery*

Alisaura said:

Can't you wear 3-D glasses over regular ones?? :yikes: *considers laser surgery*

The paper/cardboard one yes....but when I saw the Nightmare before Christmas when it was in 3-D...they give you a pair of 3-D glasses that look like plastic sunglasses. And it all depends on what type of glasses you wear. My father has a squareish/ovalish Coke bottle type glasses.

Plus....they give my dad a headache like me seeing the movie in 2-D (If they don't remove the 3-D stuff :wink: )

Please please please have cardboard 3-D glasses.... *fingers crossed* :wink:

You'd think they'd realise that U2 has an adult fan base and half of them would wear glasses already.... and I don't like the thought of contacts. :slant:

I've seen 3-D movies in Disney where I've put the plastic glasses over my real ones, and I think it worked fine. I think it also depends on the quality of the film (Honey I Shrunk the Audience is getting way too worn out.)

Kristin Machina said:
I've seen 3-D movies in Disney where I've put the plastic glasses over my real ones, and I think it worked fine. I think it also depends on the quality of the film (Honey I Shrunk the Audience is getting way too worn out.)

Hi Kristin! :wave:
That's reassuring... :D

stupid astygmatisms... :madwife:

You young people with your 20/20 vision, I dunno.... *mutters*
:wink:

don't resent me for my 20/20 vision ali :wink:
i remember getting my eyes tested years ago...i think my teacher was worried i was short-sighted as i'd pretty much have my nose on my schoolbook as i was writing! i was sposed to go back & get tested again but never did - but everything seems to be ok.

:p

All the eye tests I'd had when I was a kid were fine... I didn't have much of a problem with my vision until about 18 months ago, when I realised that I couldn't read the road signs until I'd practically driven past them. :huh: There were a few frantic U-turns before I took myself to the optometrist... :lol:
It was a revelation when I got the specs... clouds had details again, trees had leaves (as opposed to amorphous green blobs), I could recognise my friends at a distance, and road signs were clearly visible! I nearly had a few accidents just cos I kept noticing things I hadn't been able to see for a while. :lol:

I actually kinda like my glasses... :reject: :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom