PLEBA Convention in Chicago...The Hotel Rooms Have been booked!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mirrorball Girl

Refugee
Awesome!!!

Hey, randomly, is anyone interested in actually checking out the Venetian Night festivities? I've never attended myself, but it sounds quite nice.

------------------
"Adam's in his world, lost to the music. You've probably never seen a happier person in your life."
~BP Fallon

"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
~Andrew Jackson

~~S&C~~

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Just wanted to let ya'll know that plans are steaming ahead for the PLEBA convention. After a planning session between Ali Rose, Lilly and myself last night (along with a little U2 video watching
wink.gif
hubba hubba!) we narrowed down some possibilities, and today I did some more research and made more phone calls. I'll be sending out a detailed email to all of you who are planning to come directly, but just wanted to give you a heads up that things ARE in the works.

Oh and the great news? I found a killer rate of $109 a room per night...split four ways, that's about $27 per person per night. Not bad, if I do say so myself.
biggrin.gif
Valet parking $12. (also good!)

Chi-town here we come!!!

-sula

Way to call me!!!
*pout*
*looks at price*
WOOOEEE!!! Niiiiice work dear!
*remembers Pete*
*no more pouting*

------------------
Come on wisdom tooth, don't fail me now!

Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl:
Awesome!!!

Hey, randomly, is anyone interested in actually checking out the Venetian Night festivities? I've never attended myself, but it sounds quite nice.

Ahhh crap...this is my job...yeah, I'm looking into it. It's sorta tricky with the multi-ages we have though, I have yet to find something for nights that is 17+. But have no fear, Lilly is here, and she's working on it!
wink.gif

------------------

$27????? Even I can afford that!!!!!!! Yay!! Keep me posted, youll be getting an email from me shortly as well.
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Sooper, I joost found the real Venetian Festival.

Seems like the beginning of a boat race. Fireworks and cool junk.

Here's the link in case you're REALLY curious.
http://www.ci.chi.il.us/SpecialEvents/Festivals/VenetianNight2002/

Woooo. Good times.

Edited cos I plum forgot the link! *duh lilly*

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 04-27-2002).]

awww, Lillykins, I figured you were at work, and I didn't have the number! And you KNOW I'm not supposed to leave incriminating evidence at your home VM. hehe. (I did try to find you on IM tho)

In any case, it's one of the hotels we looked at last night. I looked for other ones, but this was ultimately the BEST value for the location.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Lilly:
Sooper, I joost found the real Venetian Festival.

Seems like the beginning of a boat race. Fireworks and cool junk.

Here's the link in case you're REALLY curious.
http://www.ci.chi.il.us/SpecialEvents/Festivals/VenetianNight2002/

Woooo. Good times.

Edited cos I plum forgot the link! *duh lilly*

OoOoOoOh!! This looks really nice. A concert in the park, a boat parade and FIREWORKS!! What more could you ask for?
wink.gif
We should definitely spend at least some time participating in the festivities.
smile.gif

venetian1.jpg

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
(I did try to find you on IM tho)

eeehhh hee hee..ehm...they uhhh...took away our AIM at work....hee hee...can't imagine why though!
biggrin.gif
MEH

TODAY IS MY LAST DAY AT WORK!!

WOOO!

I QUIT AND I'M GONE!

WOOOOOO!

WE HAVE A HOTEL AND MY NEW JOB DOESN'T SUCK WOO! WOOOOOOO!!!!! WOO I TELLS YA WOOO!

*cough*

I think I'll be ok...so long as I don't think about U2....*tries to clear mind of all thoughts*

Huh, that wasn't even that hard.

Adam: Think about me!

Lilly: Dammit!

Adam: You can't live without me.

Lilly: Well duh!

------------------

*snerk*
Lilly = funny
biggrin.gif

AAAAAH I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS SUMMER!!!
AAAAHHHHHHHHHH
*summer combust*

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

Okay guys, time for some sad news...

Unless something major happens and I get a windfall of money, it doesn't look like there is a way I can come to the convention. Unfortunately right now, there are just too many things that have come up demanding both my time and my money and there isn't enough of either to go around.
frown.gif

I'm really sorry...I know plans have been made and all, I feel bad about backing out. Hope this isn't an inconveniance...

------------------
The whole wide world feels like a shrine to the worker bees, who stole it from God anyhow.
Lay it down, child
Lay it down, child
And walk into this room all made with love for you...

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Originally posted by hippyactress:

Unless something major happens and I get a windfall of money, it doesn't look like there is a way I can come to the convention. Unfortunately right now, there are just too many things that have come up demanding both my time and my money and there isn't enough of either to go around.
frown.gif

I'm really sorry...I know plans have been made and all, I feel bad about backing out. Hope this isn't an inconveniance...

Awwwwwwwww!!! TWIIIIN!!!! That makes me sad. I was looking forward to seeing you.
frown.gif

But don't worry your sweet little head about this. We'll make it work.
smile.gif

Unless something major happens and I get a windfall of money,

Exhibit A:
windfall.jpg

Exhibit B: Gain weight. Lots of it. Then there'll be PLENTY to go around!
wink.gif

And don't feel bad. be happy!
biggrin.gif
We still have eachother here!

------------------

frown.gif

Oh no who is gonna get my little heart suitcase tattoo with me???
frown.gif

Oh well, don't worry hippy, you do what you need to do..... PLEBA will always be here

smile.gif

------------------
Daisy
I wasn't jumping for me it was a fall. It's a long way down to nothing at all

The Mouth Moves in Mysterious Ways

AIM:daisyone75

When and where will this be taking place?

I may be able to join you all...... since I do live only 35 miles SW of Chicago. ;o)

lemme know.... liza@interference.com

~Liza / salome999

------------------
...and may your dreams be realized...

Just wanted to let ya'll know that plans are steaming ahead for the PLEBA convention. After a planning session between Ali Rose, Lilly and myself last night (along with a little U2 video watching
wink.gif
hubba hubba!) we narrowed down some possibilities, and today I did some more research and made more phone calls. I'll be sending out a detailed email to all of you who are planning to come directly, but just wanted to give you a heads up that things ARE in the works.

Oh and the great news? I found a killer rate of $109 a room per night...split four ways, that's about $27 per person per night. Not bad, if I do say so myself.
biggrin.gif
Valet parking $12. (also good!)

Chi-town here we come!!!

-sula

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
OoOoOoOh!! This looks really nice. A concert in the park, a boat parade and FIREWORKS!! What more could you ask for?
wink.gif
We should definitely spend at least some time participating in the festivities.
smile.gif

I've been to Venetian Night a couple times, and it's pretty fun. Everyone sits along the lakefront and watches the boats go by. The boats are decorated with lights- there might actually be a competition, I'm not sure. Some people bring chairs and blankets and have little picnics too. Anyway, after the boat parade they have a fireworks show with music. It should be pretty fun- I hope you all enjoy it! (And I'm sorry I can't join in on the PLEBA convention.)

frown.gif

icon9.gif

------------------
~ALOTWU!~
Success is not about how much money you have, the size of your house, or who you know. It's all about how cool your pants are.

[This message has been edited by Kristie (edited 04-28-2002).]

uh...was anyone still gonna call about the peace museum in connection with u2 stuff?

------------------
love is blindness
i don't want to see
won't you wrap the night around me
o my heart
love is blindness

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:
uh...was anyone still gonna call about the peace museum in connection with u2 stuff?

*puts beanie of patience back on twin's head*

now KEEP IT THERE!!!

------------------

Originally posted by Stories for Boys:

Dude! I almost forgot! I was originally going to do that (actually Gina was originally going to do that, and then it got assigned to me) but if Lilly or Sula or Ali Rose want to do it, I'm not going to put up a fight.
smile.gif

Originally posted by salome999:
When and where will this be taking place?

I may be able to join you all...... since I do live only 35 miles SW of Chicago. ;o)

lemme know.... liza@interference.com

~Liza / salome999

I'll get you the info in one condensed email...soon.
smile.gif

------------------

I'm sorry ladies. I have a confession.

I don't know if I can go. Looks like I might be leaving home a bit earlier than expected. Sorry.

*weeps*

------------------
love is blindness
i don't want to see
won't you wrap the night around me
o my heart
love is blindness

Originally posted by Lilly:
I'm sorry ladies. I have a confession.

I don't know if I can go. Looks like I might be leaving home a bit earlier than expected. Sorry.

Noooo! For the good of the planet you must go! *weeps with laura*
icon9.gif

------------------
Time is a train
Makes the future the past
Leaves you standing in the station
Your face pressed up against the glass

Oh this sucks, so many people cant go!
frown.gif

I know of one other girl who wants to go, i'm gonna email her and see if she's still planning on going!
smile.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Lillykins, you are going and that is final. No ifs ands or buts. Don't make me come over there, young lady!

Back
Top Bottom