Please send some positive vibes my way!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
OK, this seems to be a really bad year in a lot of respects. I hear so much about people getting sick, people loosing loved ones, people loosing jobs, breaking up ... don't know what it is, must be the infamous leap year.

Anyway, I've had some serious health issues for the last couple of weeks that struck me pretty hard, mostly because I have been mostly well for such a long time.

I may need some of your positive vibes, I know you guys are good at that. :)

Two weeks ago I had a total breakdown with very high blood pressure and I had problems to breathe. First we thought it was because of allergies - I really have them and they are getting bad right now, though I take my medication. I had some tests done and the doctors discovered I had a thyroid problem, which possibly means that I have to have a surgery. My mom and a lot of women I know have or had that as well, but they were all so much older than me! I had ultrasound done last week and the picture looks quite bad, also my blood results aren't good.
Next week I'll have a screening where they decide what to do.

I'm mostly at home now because it's hard for me to concentrate on my work and I get dizzy a lot. Being alone makes me feel uncomfortable, though I must say I can at least sleep a little better now. Sometimes I wake up with my heart racing. When I'm with other people it's getting better and I hardly think about it.

Thing is that I always feel I have something sticking in my throat and this makes me kind of :crazy: I'm rather depressed about all of this and I've also had quite negative experiences with doctors who never have time to tell you the details and so on.

The good thing is I've told some people about it and I'm already getting lots of advise and so on, so I don't feel so alone. I just hope I can have the rest of the tests done as soon as possible, because I want to know quickly if I have to have surgery or not.

So please keep your fingers crossed for me and send some positive thoughts. Thanks.

I know what it's like to have to wait for tests and then have tests on the tests and wait for them too! It's a shite time to be sure. What I try to do when it gets too much is to take it one step at a time, like the rungs of a ladder if you like. It helps me through.

Consider: once they've done it all you'll either be on meds which you'll get used to or they'll operate and once that's done, it's over.

Try to take one day at a time. I know it's hard. Shite, but sometimes I can't even follow my own advice! You'll get through this. And take heart; if you're younger then other ppl you know then you'll have a better chance at them sorting it.

My hopes and wishes are with you. It's a shite time to be going through but it will pass.

hold on, piccola. :sigh:

sending sweet bono's vibes your way
kissing.gif

...and you know where to find us if you need :hug:

Sending you the very most positive vibes I can summon! :hug:

Please keep in mind that an overactive thryoid is, medically speaking, quite easy to fix, and once they take care of it, you will feel just like your old self!! :yes:

Thank you all so much!

Just got the results from my blood test today, thyroid is working totally ok, but it has expanded to a point where it's getting hard for me to breath and swallow, and I'll have to have surgery to have it removed, possible next week. Doctor says it's not a big thing. I know a lot of people who had the problem as well, it's very common here, but as I said most of them were much older than me. However, the doctor said it's a very common thing for younger women as well. So please continue to keep your fingers crossed for me. I want a speedy recovery, I have so many things planned for June.

Thank you all so much!

Just got the results from my blood test today, thyroid is working totally ok, but it has expanded to a point where it's getting hard for me to breath and swallow, and I'll have to have surgery to have it removed, possible next week. Doctor says it's not a big thing. I know a lot of people who had the problem as well, it's very common here, but as I said most of them were much older than me. However, the doctor said it's a very common thing for younger women as well. So please continue to keep your fingers crossed for me. I want a speedy recovery, I have so many things planned for June.

The woman who cuts my hair had the same thing done several years ago--and she is thriving! Lots of hugs to you! :hug:

Last unicorn, all my very best wishes, and thoughts to you... try to take one day at a time. Be strong, you will get over this hurdle. and for sure, remember your friends here. Pass your time with us. Maybe take a break from Bono- I l know he wreaks havoc with MY blood pressure!
BIG HUGS AND KISSES. keep us posted.:heart::hug:

best wishes to you unicorn and come here to us as much as you can. it will be your best recovery :kiss: :hug:

Thanks, you are all very sweet. I love coming to this board, it's really comforting. I had more tests today and will get the results by the end of the week, then I'll know IF and when I'll have my surgery. I'm going back to work tomorrow because I can't stand being at home, doing nothing while waiting for results. As for now, I'm feeling a little better. I hope surgery will be soon and I will feel better afterwards.

I'm going into hospital tomorrow and will have surgery on Friday. I don't know how long I'm going to be there, doctor said 3-4 days, I may have some problems speaking afterwards.

I'm going to take some U2 music with me and my teddybear to calm me down. I'll be glad when this is over and hope I'll be better soon.

So I'll be away from this board for a while now. Please keep me in your thoughts.

I'm going into hospital tomorrow and will have surgery on Friday. I don't know how long I'm going to be there, doctor said 3-4 days, I may have some problems speaking afterwards.

I'm going to take some U2 music with me and my teddybear to calm me down. I'll be glad when this is over and hope I'll be better soon.

So I'll be away from this board for a while now. Please keep me in your thoughts.

:hug: for you. You should be in good hands. Check back and let us know how it goes. And I hope for you a speedy recovery also.

Back
Top Bottom