Pic Request: Adam During Streets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galeongirl

Galeonbroad
Hi Gals,

What I'm looking for is pretty specific and I hope you can help me.
As some of you might know I've started playing bassguitar a while ago and I'm getting lessons from a guy I know. He's teaching me to learn by ear and we're figuring out Where the Streets have No Name, but in some parts of the album version it's not clear to hear what string Adam plays on. I hope this makes sense, but basically, the notes he plays can be played on different strings, so I want to find out the exact way he plays it.

I've seen u23D and found out a few parts, and that my teacher is mostly correct(hah but I beat him on one part!) and now I'd like to see some pictures of Adam playing during Streets to see what he plays live.

My preference would go out to Vertigo era since it's the easiest to see what song he's playing there, hints would be the flags in the back, he's playing a golden Fender Jazzbass with a blue guitarpick and usually walked up the right ramp(view from audience) and if you see Edge he should be playing the all black Stratocaster.

I hope you guys can help me with this, I know it's very specific but there are so many threads here it would take me ages to dig trough!

:wave:

oh and if it helps, here's the bass in question:
bonoadamkissaq1.jpg

:wink: ofcourse, Bonosnogs also indicate that it's taken during Streets..

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, "Streets" on the album was "pieced together," from different takes, so you're best bet is to listen to live recordings to figure out how he plays it.

I know he was playing "Streets" cos I took the photo. ;)

woah.jpg

I think it's pretty clever of him to keep an extra pick in the pickguard. I don't really see too many photos of people who do that. Usually I just see a bunch of picks stuck into a mic stand.

Last edited:
yea, that's another thing I wonder about, how does he stick the pick in there? on my bass I can't fit anything there at all!

:hmm: seems like he's playing it on the D string there.. what fret is it? 12?

Lady of Cymru said:
Hi GG :wave:
A Bonosnog pic I can help you with.
Good luck figuring out how Adam plays Streets!

2agrnh0vl9.jpg

Ohhhhh that one is really good to prove one of the moves! :yes: cause he's playing it on the 2nd string and I wasn't sure wether it was 2nd string fret 15 or 3rd string fret 10... this shows that!

:lol: their faces in the last one are great!

Back
Top Bottom