PGP: Wanting Some Mother-Suckin Rock & Roll in Montreal!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's at least slightly more realistic than baseball being the "World Series," considering how many countries play baseball.

Who else plays our version of "football"? Canada ....... anyone else? Maybe we should throw some Canadian teams into the mix, just like baseball! :wink:

It's at least slightly more realistic than baseball being the "World Series," considering how many countries play baseball.

Who else plays our version of "football"? Canada ....... anyone else? Maybe we should throw some Canadian teams into the mix, just like baseball! :wink:

There are other teams in the World Series that play baseball besides the States and Canada? :clueless:

We have the CFL, which is slightly different than American football.

I really don't care, but I have to laugh, since there are only American teams in the NFL. :lol:

Almost time for Glee. I'm hoping it's a good episode. It's sucked so much lately that I'm hopeful for something good. :)

Baseball is huuuuuuuuuuuuuge in Japan. Ichiro and a few other big players in the major leagues have come from the Japanese leagues.

Not sure about other countries. I know a lot of baseball players come from the Dominican Republic and other countries around those parts, but I don't know if they have pro leagues or what.

Not at all - I wouldn't have been blabbing about it all over hill and dale if I wanted to keep it private. :lol: I think it's awesome.

My dad is the FCC coordinator (coordinating all the wireless frequencies) for the Packers. He technically is an employee of the NFL, but he only has to work the home games. Except for the playoffs, where he has to go to work at all the games.

At the Bears game and then the Super Bowl, he got to bring my mom as his "assistant," although she wasn't necessarily helping him out. They put her to work doing something! He was able to sneak her onto the field for the last two minutes of the Bears game, and she ended up going into the locker room with him after the game! :lol:

the down side is that as an NFL employee, he (and mom) has to be impartial, and can't wear Packer gear, or cheer for the team or anything. My mom had a hard time with that, as she is a very vocal fan, lots of yelling and cheering in every game.

^ Wow! For football fans, that must be pretty cool! :up: Alright, time to face all the stuff i was supposed to do this weekend and didn't. G'night thread. :wave: :hug:

:lol: Well, hopefully it was fun whatever it was. :)

I love how they call them the world champions. :cute: :rolleyes: Because America = the world. :lol:

LOL, yeah, that's the U.S. for you. Especially not surprising when it comes to sports.

Congrats to the Packers, though, happy your team won, Cori. A friend of mine, her aunt, and her mom were all going to watch the game together tonight, and they were rooting for the Packers, too, so I assume there's lots of celebration going on with them right now :D.

Lovely picture there, Thora, you look cute :)! Regarding the hair discussion, there's a natural curl to my hair thanks to my parents, but when my hair's longer it's not always as noticeable. That, and I also inherited such thick hair that usually if the curl shows, it does in the form of frizziness :p. Which is not fun. But when I cut my hair the actual curl's a lot more apparent, then.

Honestly, the biggest thing I'd love is to have my hair actually look a little more shiny instead of bleh and drab. I'd love the color to pop a little more, to look a little prettier. And to have it not look so much like a lion's mane all the time, too.

Will be interesting to see how "Glee" is, too, yes, especially given all the hype about the particular episode.

Speaking of hype and such, so I saw on the Yahoo! homepage that people don't seem all that impressed with the halftime show at the Super Bowl? And Christina Aguilera apparently messed up the National Anthem? Oh, dear :p.

Angela

Yeah, she left out a line, and threw in 8 million extra notes, but that's what she does all the time. I like some of her songs and think she has a great voice (when she doesn't oversing, which is 85% of the time, so it's frustrating wanting to like her!), but that was not a good performance.

The halftime show was AWFUL. I finally came around to admitting that I liked some of their songs from their last album, but that was just not good.

God, I hate packing. I seem to have gotten rid of a lot of my sweaters and whatnot, now that I live in milder climates. I'm unprepared for 5 days in Wisconsin in February. :(

Yeah, she left out a line, and threw in 8 million extra notes, but that's what she does all the time. I like some of her songs and think she has a great voice (when she doesn't oversing, which is 85% of the time, so it's frustrating wanting to like her!), but that was not a good performance.

Fully agreed on Christina. My parents have always said that before about singers, whether they're doing their own songs or something like the National Anthem: "Just sing. Don't need to show off all those notes and stuff."

I have to say, though, I always find it rather funny when people complain about somebody screwing up the National Anthem. I bet if 95% of the people watching were up on that stage, they'd botch it up just as badly, too. It was said once that more people knew the words to the "Brady Bunch" theme song than they do the National Anthem, so given that, chill with the bellyaching, y'know?

The halftime show was AWFUL. I finally came around to admitting that I liked some of their songs from their last album, but that was just not good.

I just read a review online. The description alone makes me glad that I missed it. And apparently Usher did his "OMG" song, too, oh, goody gumdrops (one of the more annoying songs in recent memory, imho)! That group has a few catchy songs here and there, yeah, but they seemed more interested in the flash than the substance, and that's never good.

(I like that the review also said the reasoning behind the acts chosen for the Super Bowl in recent years has had something to do with the whole scandal of that infamous show with Janet. 'Cause naturally one mishap in all the history of halftime shows automatically means we have to walk on eggshells now with our musical picks :rolleyes:! Sheesh)

God, I hate packing. I seem to have gotten rid of a lot of my sweaters and whatnot, now that I live in milder climates. I'm unprepared for 5 days in Wisconsin in February. :(

Packing sucks. Yes. Especially given your situation, that would make things more difficult. And February weather in the Midwest can sometimes be a bit unpredictable, too, it's the last proper gasp of "winter" before spring starts edging its way back in and it can be a strange time.

Have fun when you do go, though :)! And I just saw the thing about what your dad does for work, that's pretty cool! Quite a big job he has there. Love the bit about your mom having to restrain herself in her support for the team, too, oooh, yes, that would be a pain, no doubt :D.

Angela

:wave: hello new thread.

I'm not going to Montreal though. :sad: Can I Want Some Mother-Suckin Rock & Roll at one of the other shows? :hmm:

Thora that straight hair pic was so cute. :cute: And so was your wavy hair pic zooey. I'm in the hardly ever cut my hair boat. :reject: I only do it twice a year.

We watched the BEP half time show. Dejavu on Slash. I guess they liked the Rose Bowl appearance and decided to do a do-over on that. After the game I put on U2's Super Bowl half time show dvd for everyone. Much better. :sexywink:

I wanna put a little gif in my signature but it's not working. I tried uploading to photobucket and then copying and pasting the link. Didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Looks like you got it working! Is that what you wanted? the smiling Larry? :cute: My daughter made that gif for me before I knew how to do it. :D At least it looks like it, unless someone else made one too.

And which Magnificent remix do you want? :hmm: You know there's a whole huge ton full of them.

So glad you got the MOOBday thing going again, K. There was a time when it seemed like there were only a couple of us posting so I think we just kinda stopped. And all the band member threads seem to go in phases. Don't have time to add to today's thread until later but I certainly will. :cute:

Of course it's ok Kristen! :hug: The one I use didn't belong to me either. :wink: (Though I also did ask the maker) But I sort of think once a gif gets out there on the internet it's sort of a free for all. I've seen gifs I made posted and used on completely different websites. When I'm not expecting to see them somewhere and then I see one it's a bit of a :ohmy: moment, but totally cool. :D

There are 2 Falke versions, a radio mix and a club mix. I'll upload them both and PM you the link ok?

So glad you got the MOOBday thing going again, K. There was a time when it seemed like there were only a couple of us posting so I think we just kinda stopped. And all the band member threads seem to go in phases. Don't have time to add to today's thread until later but I certainly will. :cute:

No prob! We need to get that thread jumpin again :sexywink:

Of course it's ok Kristen! :hug: The one I use didn't belong to me either. :wink: (Though I also did ask the maker) But I sort of think once a gif gets out there on the internet it's sort of a free for all. I've seen gifs I made posted and used on completely different websites. When I'm not expecting to see them somewhere and then I see one it's a bit of a :ohmy: moment, but totally cool. :D

There are 2 Falke versions, a radio mix and a club mix. I'll upload them both and PM you the link ok?

I've seen your sig gif around the net :shifty:

Thanks so much! I'd love both versions actually.

No prob! We need to get that thread jumpin again :sexywink:

I've seen your sig gif around the net :shifty:

Thanks so much! I'd love both versions actually.

:giggle: yeah the sig gif originally came from someone who I don't think was on Interference. I asked her if I could use it and she said yes. I really was just sort of testing things out for sig that day to see if I could get it to work, that was the first one I came across in my folder so I tested it out on it. I remember Gg was around and she squeeed all over him and hasn't let me remove him yet. :lol: She still won't let me. I keep him there now because I'm afraid of her. :wink:

Ok if you want any more of those remixes just let me know. I believe I have them all. ;) (I think there are 10 of them)

:giggle: yeah the sig gif originally came from someone who I don't think was on Interference. I asked her if I could use it and she said yes. I really was just sort of testing things out for sig that day to see if I could get it to work, that was the first one I came across in my folder so I tested it out on it. I remember Gg was around and she squeeed all over him and hasn't let me remove him yet. :lol: She still won't let me. I keep him there no because I'm afraid of her. :wink:

Ok if you want any more of those remixes just let me know. I believe I have them all. ;) (I think there are 10 of them)

:lol:

I've always liked your sig. I totally forgot you could have pics and gifs in it so I spent like an hour this morning going through them :shifty:

Okay thanks! :hug:

You should have a PM Kristen :sexywink: (In which I can't spell :der:)

If anyone else wants them just let me know and I'll PM you (since we can't post the links here.)

:giggle: yeah the sig gif originally came from someone who I don't think was on Interference. I asked her if I could use it and she said yes. I really was just sort of testing things out for sig that day to see if I could get it to work, that was the first one I came across in my folder so I tested it out on it. I remember Gg was around and she squeeed all over him and hasn't let me remove him yet. :lol: She still won't let me. I keep him there now because I'm afraid of her. :wink:

:shifty: It's from Livejournal.

:love: *bounce* :love: *bounce* :love: *bounce* :love: *bounce* :love: *bounce*

Back
Top Bottom